The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers)

+28
ManUtdImy
Liam
Fernando
Hero
BD21
Adam D
XR
hodge
Dr Gregory House MD
x12x
bretmeharty
Kay Fabe
CenaNuff
TheCultOfPersonality
Looseheaded
Crimey
Samo
No 7&1/2
Dolphin Ziggler
Good Golly I'm Olly
JamesLincs
Paul Mac 6CW
I Blame Coco
gaffer_reborn
Hulking_up
crippledtart
DonIffy
NickisBHAFC
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers) - Page 2 Empty THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers)

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:56 am

First topic message reminder :

AMAZING PPV!!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers)

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
BD21 wrote:Nice little fact for everyone. Last night was the first time Cena has ever dropped a WWETitle 100% clean
You can even expand on that to look at the number of clean losses Cena's actually had since he made it big, as far as I can remember Bryan as joined an exclusive club that contains The Rock (WM28), Orton (Hell in a Cell) and HBK (Raw 07), there are probably a few more but those are the only one's that spring to mind for me, and it is doubtless a very elite list
Batista at SummerSlam 2008 was the only one I could think of

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers)

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Also I think last night highlighted how poorly they've handled Brock Lesnar for the last 15 months, that match was sensational last night and it had everything his matches with HHH & Cena lacked, unbelievable chemistry and highlights just how good Brock still is if he's used correctly

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:44 pm

I can't think of a single person who looks more devastating than Lesnar ever, every move looks like it's going to break his opponent.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:58 pm

So are they pushing Daniel Bryan?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:05 pm

If Cena is taking time off with his elbow injury id expect yes. Give him a chase til Survivor Series or Royal Rumble then still gives chance to set up what their planning for WM, Can see him being involved in...
WM potential spoiler:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:09 pm

Crimey wrote:I can't think of a single person who looks more devastating than Lesnar ever, every move looks like it's going to break his opponent.
I have to agree, even when he's getting beaten up you just feel like he could come back and end it in one move...he reminds me of Ivan Drago from Rocky IV haha

Have to say that one of the best moments of the PPV for me was when Punk picked up the stairs and attempted to attack Lesnar who just shoulder barged them out of the way...it says something that he still comes across stupidly strong even though he's been on a pretty poor run at PPV's.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:48 pm

I think the thing with Lesnar, all it takes is one win and he looks fine again, he's used so sparingly he's not ruined by his losses, it's not like he loses in throwaway matches on Raw, he's lost huge matches but has always looked strong.

Thought last night he was on another level though, the star of the show followed by Bryan then Punk. Fair play to Punk, that match looked like it really hurt.

My favourite spot was the announcing table cover being put on Punk and then being jumped on. Also liked Lesnar dragging Punk for the pin.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:07 pm

I think the thing to remember about Lesnar and the thing that will ALWAYS keep us seeing him as strong and deadly is the fact that he is those things...he was a UFC World Champion, a sport that is literally about beating your opponent in to the ground, knocking them out or making them submit with real submission moves.

I think the thing though that makes him the star of the night is the fact that during the match I never once thought "well, Punk is much smaller and obviously not as strong so this is unrealistic"...he (and Punk) sold it so well that I just watched it...not as a smark or someone watching something that I knew as fake but as a wrestling fan and there is very little that is able to do that for me in wrestling today.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:43 pm

I'd be putting Punk star of the night just above Lesnar, then Bryan then Cena (who I think proved again that when they need him to be on game then he really is). Then whoever planned the delay on the Orton cash in.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:46 pm

If Cena is against someone who can push him then he's gold...I'm not his biggest fan but I always look forwards to him against Punk and will now always look forward to him against Bryan...there comes a time to realise that he isn't as bad as we sometimes like to make out.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:49 pm

Just watching now

Wasn't bowled over by the ring of fire match. I think Wyatt was made to look quite rubbish but suppose its more about the family as opposed to an individual

Made up that Rhodes got the win but I wonder were he goes after this feud, do they put him in a high level feud against a bigger heel name or does he go back to the IC picture?

Just mid Christian/ADR now

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:55 pm

I assume that Rhodes will continue to fight Sandow maybe even for the briefcase...or Sandow will cash in and Rhodes will be his number one contender because he beat him at Summerslam.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Pretty sure while Christian was fighting against the cross arm breaker he had ADRs shoulders on the mat for at least two pinfalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:04 pm

Completely agree on the points made on the Punk/Lesnar match. For all hiss brutality and freakish strenght, Lesnar still remains a very good wrestler, those belly to bellies and the triple superplexes were superb. Textbook. I also admire him for his selling, when he sells he goes for it, no half heart ted stuff, such as when Punk knee'd him out of the ring, he flew out onto the ring apron, took a pretty big bump too.

I love Lesnar, he's easily my favorite wrestler of all time. The way he threw Punk about last night was incredible. The F5 onto the chair was also immense, the height he threw Punk into the air was incredible, and position was also spot on as Punk genuinely landed face down onto the chair. Great sound as well as he hit it, you could hear the crowd gasp.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by ManUtdImy Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:16 am

I'm sticking my neck out and saying that Paul Heyman will introduce someone else to fight Punk, and that someone is Corey Graves.

ManUtdImy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:17 am

That was good, but this Bryan and Cena match has completely stolen the show for me. Proves that Cena can be very good.

That clothesline on Bryan was insane and when he blocked the top rope hurricanrana into the STF. Kudos to both guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:49 am

Avoided the Internet yesterday as I wanted to buy the repeat showing and boy am I glad I did. Excellent PPV. Punk v Lesnar was MOTN for me, no question. In terms of storytelling and emotion it was the best I've seen since the end of an era match and its easily Lesnar's best match since returning. Amazing chemistry between the two and it won't be the last time we see them go at it. I'm glad Lesnar won though, he was the right winner. He needed the win more than Punk. Punk lost and walked out looking a million bucks.

Comments on here suggest this was the best PPV since MITB 2011. Isn't it ironic that both main events in these PPVs feature the guy who isn't a 'wrestler'? You have to give Cena credit. You also have to give him credit for doing what he did given the state of his elbow, that looks sick. But the match was excellent. Bryan's celebrations went on so long and when the confetti fell I didn't think Orton was cashing in, so when his music hit I marked. The double heel turn was expected but done brilliantly. HHH and Orton are so much better as heels. There is now no excuse whatsoever for the WWE not being a red hot product between now and Mania.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Awesome PPV - Punk / Lesnar was just incredible. Wow. I was thrilled Daniel Bryan beat Cena cleanly, however, I did call HHH pedigreeing DB, thought he was going to do it immediately......great TV. I think the show picked up its level as soon as Damien and Cody were on.....the first match of Wyatt and Kane was just awful. Should have been RVD and Ambrose instead, which I have heard great reviews of. Smile

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixBeer Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:24 am

Just watched SS, been away. Bryan-Cena was amazing!!! Preferred it to the Punk match. Only one small complaint about the cash in. Thought Orton should've picked Bryan up for an RKO. You've basically got a part-time wrestler putting down the new champion for about 30secs. Cena hit him with everything and couldn't put him away, but HHH does a pedigree a few mins after the match and that's it? Even have Bryan kick out of the pedigree and then have Orton hit the RKO. It'll be interesting to see what happens with his character now. I'm a HHH fan, but thought it was a little unnecessary.

PhoenixBeer

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Yeah that has had backstage heat apparently Phoenix.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixBeer Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:12 pm

Glad to hear that Nick. It's about time Hunter realised that it's not all about him. It's fair enough having heat on him backstage, but it's not as if anything's gonna happen. It would need to be someone like Cena, Punk or Orton who would say something to him. As I said I am a fan, but too often he latches on to someone's popularity to make himself relevant again.

PhoenixBeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:26 pm

That should be a storyline, trips making it all about him for months- ending up champion and a big baby face made by pinning him clean at mania/summer slam.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2