The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs India 1st test debate

+28
valorousnumber4
ShankyCricket
Fernando
Master of the Late Cut
LivinginItaly
dyrewolfe
Dr Ironshaft
Stellar Key
GSC
robbo277
Duty281
SportsFanatic
alfie
Raymond
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
hodge
trebellbobaggins
msp83
Cowshot
Beer
Ozzy3213
eirebilly
liverbnz
Corporalhumblebucket
LeBron's Homie
Hoggy_Bear
GG
Liam_Main
32 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

England vs India 1st test debate - Page 3 Empty England vs India 1st test debate

Post by Liam_Main Wed 20 Jul - 19:41

First topic message reminder :

England side:

1) Andrew Strauss (C)
2) Alistair Cook
3) Jonathan Trott
4) Kevin Pietersen
5) Ian Bell
6) Eoin Morgan
7) Matt Prior (WK)
8) Stuart Broad
9) Graeme Swann
10) Chris Tremlett
11) James Anderson

India side.

1) Abhinav Makund
2) Gautam Gambhir
3) Rahul Dravid (WK)
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) VVS Laxman
6) Suresh Raina
7) MS Dhoni (C)
8) Harbhajan Singh
9) Zaheer Khan
10) Praveen Kumar
11) Ishant Sharma

Should be a terrific match and series!

My Prediction: England to win

Series Prediction: 1-1

C'mon England! OK

Last edited by Liam_Main on Sat 23 Jul - 10:07; edited 5 times in total
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

England vs India 1st test debate - Page 3 Empty Re: England vs India 1st test debate

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 15:09

Zaheer goes close again!

That's the hope, all about taking the sting out of the wicket.

Back to top Go down

England vs India 1st test debate - Page 3 Empty Re: England vs India 1st test debate

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 15:19

Zaheer off with a hamstring problem, pulled up straight away.

Massive blow for India!

Back to top Go down

Post by SportsFanatic Thu 21 Jul - 15:22

Time for England to try and attack with a three man attack or do you just carry on as you were?

Tempted to say that if you push now it could create all sorts of issues for Dhoni and lower confidence for the Indian players.

SportsFanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Thu 21 Jul - 15:29

Sainty wrote:Zaheer off with a hamstring problem, pulled up straight away.

Massive blow for India!

What a terrible shame Wink

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 21 Jul - 15:31

was he carrying that over in the caribbean?

Seems odd by the way to hear people talking about India having a superior bowling attack and Eng being second rate.

Aren't India thought to be more about their batting with bowling being good but the the worlds best?

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 15:31

SportsFanatic,

Nice to see you on board.

Personally, I think maybe we should attack a weary three man unit. Might see Tendulkar bowl some bits and bobs or something to that measure to give bowlers a breather. Maybe a long spell from Harbhajan...

50 for Trott, lucky, but much needed!

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 21 Jul - 15:33

yes very much needed. Was looking like another one of "those" mornings at Lords.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 15:37

It's the type of innings associated with him these days.

Light deteriorating, floodlights coming on.

Another thing to note, Kumar is getting very close to the stumps when bowling, prompting annoyance from KP.

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 21 Jul - 15:44

what a shame Zaheer has pulled up Whistle

Well batted Trott for his 50 though clap

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Thu 21 Jul - 15:47

Difficult conditions and it's still not a great score or anything. England should just grind on and on and try to avoid losing wickets until conditions improve (hopefully) tomorrow.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 21 Jul - 15:49

exactly right. they know it'll be a nice track when they do so the just have to stick around.

even kp seems to have understood that thus far.

The openers got the worst of it and made mistakes but overall it has been sensible stuff when sent in on day one really.

Last edited by trebellbobaggins on Thu 21 Jul - 15:52; edited 1 time in total

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 21 Jul - 15:51

Rain.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Thu 21 Jul - 15:54

I know it's not been thrill a minute stuff, but I'm enjoying every moment. Smile

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 21 Jul - 15:58

me too cowshot.

it's been a real battle out there. would have been easy to totally blow it under that pressure.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 21 Jul - 16:06

I guess with the rain delay, its safe for me to come back and say well done Trott and England so far in very trying conditions Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 21 Jul - 16:08

I guess but no predictions there BillY!

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 16:09

trott good innings from him, and nice to see kp, playing in a sensbile manner Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 21 Jul - 16:13

Trying to be good trebbs lol

Any chance of play soon?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 21 Jul - 16:18

trebellbobaggins wrote:

Seems odd by the way to hear people talking about India having a superior bowling attack and Eng being second rate.

Aren't India thought to be more about their batting with bowling being good but the the worlds best?

Yes look at who the "people" are, its the same tired old anti England brigade.
You only have to look at the players stats and world rankings to see that Englands bowling unit is superior. At the same time theres no question that Indias batting line up is the worlds best, even with question marks over the openers.
In these conditions I would have been very dissapointed and worried were England bowling and India were only 2 down. Whilst the game could change quickly Indias only threatening bowler down England have the better position.

That India rushed Zaheer back into the side shows the paucity of depth in their seam attack. Beyond him there isnt really anyone of signficance. Bringing him back without and warm up games and with him not being 100% has proved to be foolish, even if he was bowling like a demon this morning. Had India got seamers who were banging on the door to be in teh side they may have given him longer to fully recover.

India do have some batsmen who can turn their arms over with a second spin option to take the load of the two pacemen, but no medium pacer who could come in and really move the old ball around like Collingwood could. Theres no need for England to go crazy and agressive here, make India buy the wickets rather than giving them away.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 21 Jul - 16:31

In fairness, the only negative comments about England have come from only 1 poster, LeBron.

The other Indian fans have been very decent. Unfortunately one over zealous fan can tend to tarnish the rest.

I hope we get some more play today, does anyone know what the actual forcast is and if it may clear up?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 21 Jul - 16:36

yeah that's true Billy. There's always one.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 21 Jul - 16:37

Unfortunately there is trebs.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 16:38

if its swinging like this now, imagine if the same conditions at trent bridge, where it natrually swings around corners anyway lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Thu 21 Jul - 16:44

Weather's getting worse here and chance of showers was always forecast for the last session. Could be ok in half an hour, but think I doubt it

If it IS over for today, the boys done good. Very difficult first day to have to bat.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 21 Jul - 16:45

is it the river that does that at Trent?

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 16:45

it was very intresting listening to steve waugh in the studio, about the match fixing issues, and domestic cricket in australia

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 21 Jul - 16:46

true Cowshot. This series is massive so the pressure on the first guys out was huge.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Thu 21 Jul - 16:52

Yes. I suspect that Zaheer's hammy (assuming it is a hammy) has cost them 2 or 3 wickets today, as well.

No guarantees about what happens tomorrow or with India batting last, but our chances in the match are hugely better now than they were at the moment Dhoni put us in.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 16:53

and the fact that in swinging conditions, straight after lunch they only had 2 slips, and a thick edge went straight through where 3rd would have been lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Thu 21 Jul - 16:59

and the fact that in swinging conditions, straight after lunch they only had 2 slips, and a thick edge went straight through where 3rd would have been lol

chuckle. If they'd had a third slip, the ball wouldn't have gone near him...

No, that does sound like an error from Dhoni.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 21 Jul - 17:02

That looks like it for today then. Such a shame that weather affects yet another test match in England.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 21 Jul - 17:03

True but from the first minute it had. It made it a match that you simply had to win the toss in.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBron's Homie Thu 21 Jul - 17:26

Wind your necks in.

England's batsmen are technically inferior to India. Fact.

Cook scored some cheap runs vs a mediocre Australian side and now he a world beater? No chance.

Trott's over inflated average is based on flogging a shocking Bangladesh side around for 200 odd, plus the 180 odd the match fixing Pakistanis. Favour in the cheap runs in Australia.

If Trott was seriously any good, why did he go missing in the series vs South Africa in 2009-10?

The English are the flat rack bullies.

LeBron's Homie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 17:27

i think the weather from lords is reaching where i live, im meant to have training, for my side, but it looks like the world is gonna end, that is how black the sky is, so i might cancel training Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 17:27

LeBron's Homie wrote:Wind your necks in.

Cook scored some cheap runs vs a mediocre Australian side and now he a world beater? No chance.

Trott's over inflated average is based on flogging a shocking Bangladesh side around for 200 odd, plus the 180 odd the match fixing Pakistanis. Favour in the cheap runs in Australia.

If Trott was seriously any good, why did he go missing in the series vs South Africa in 2009-10?

stupid comment, from someone who clearly hasnt got a clue about cricket, do everyone a favour and go away 🤦

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBron's Homie Thu 21 Jul - 17:30

cricketfan90 wrote:
LeBron's Homie wrote:Wind your necks in.

stupid comment, from someone who clearly hasnt got a clue about cricket, do everyone a favour and go away 🤦
Sure pal, go back to watching cartoons or whatever pathetic 17 year old's do

And sort out the punctuation.

LeBron's Homie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 17:30

shut up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 17:31

i dont watch cartoons im not 4, and also u were 17 once so cant be pathetic !

ignorant idiot

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 21 Jul - 17:33

LeBron, There are people on this forum from all nationalities debating well, why do you then feel the need to lower this into a slanging match?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBron's Homie Thu 21 Jul - 17:35

cricketfan90 wrote:i dont watch cartoons im not 4, and also u were 17 once so cant be pathetic !

ignorant idiot
Hmmm sure.

School standards must be slipping in the UK, with morons like you with no punctuation/grammar skills

LeBron's Homie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 17:36

shut up, you patronising, idiot, who has nothing better to do than wum

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBron's Homie Thu 21 Jul - 17:37

eirebilly wrote:LeBron, There are people on this forum from all nationalities debating well, why do you then feel the need to lower this into a slanging match?
Easy answer.

You English claim to be the God's gift at all sport, yet you aren't. Fact.

English media bums the national teams, and every Tom, Dick and Harry believes them.

LeBron's Homie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 17:37

i never said we were the god's gift at every sport actually!

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 21 Jul - 17:40

LeBron's Homie wrote:
eirebilly wrote:LeBron, There are people on this forum from all nationalities debating well, why do you then feel the need to lower this into a slanging match?
Easy answer.

English media bums the national teams, and every Tom, Dick and Harry believes them.

Check out my nationality there, the hint is in the name. I am not English.
You are the one that seems to have a rather large chip on your shoulder and is bringing the level of the debate down to a low level.
If you dont like it here or the posters then may i suggest that you find another forum?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBron's Homie Thu 21 Jul - 17:41

cricketfan90 wrote:i never said we were the god's gift at every sport actually!
Please show me where I said the following:

'cricketfan90 said England are...'

Why you being defensive over a comment is directed at you?

LeBron's Homie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul - 17:42

you are an idiot, u no that. No one gives a rudey poo what you write on here, so just go and crawl back down the hole you appeared from.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBron's Homie Thu 21 Jul - 17:42

eirebilly wrote:
LeBron's Homie wrote:
Easy answer.

Check out my nationality there, the hint is in the name. I am not English.
You are the one that seems to have a rather large chip on your shoulder and is bringing the level of the debate down to a low level.
If you dont like it here or the posters then may i suggest that you find another forum?
You supporting England?

Then you're Englishh enough to me.

LeBron's Homie

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 21 Jul - 17:43

cricketfan90,

Rise above the name calling mate, dont get dragged down to that level.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBron's Homie Thu 21 Jul - 17:44

cricketfan90 wrote:you are an idiot, u no that. No one gives a rudey poo what you write on here, so just go and crawl back down the hole you appeared from.
Coloured people crawl out from holes do they?

Last edited by LeBron's Homie on Thu 21 Jul - 17:46; edited 1 time in total

LeBron's Homie

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 21 Jul - 17:44

LeBron, i am supporting cricket.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next