The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youngsters who will play for England...

+3
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Raymond
jimbohammers
7 posters

Go down

Youngsters who will play for England... Empty Youngsters who will play for England...

Post by jimbohammers Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:32 pm

As a Hants fan i am very impressed with a few of our youngsters and i believe at least 2 of the following will play for England one day.

Danny Briggs
James Vince
Chris Wood
Liam Dawson
Michael Bates

In order of who i think can make the step up. What players do you think will make the England team in the future?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Youngsters who will play for England... Empty Re: Youngsters who will play for England...

Post by jimbohammers Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:48 pm

As i speak Briggs is currently 5-38. Wood 3-30

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Youngsters who will play for England... Empty Re: Youngsters who will play for England...

Post by Raymond Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:48 pm

James Taylor, Jason Roy. First two that spring too mind

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:49 pm

I think that there is a large core of young talent that have exciting prospects and that it's bloody exciting for English cricket and county fans alike. Especially for us Leicestershire fans with young Taylor, he's a cracking batsman!

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:52 pm

Van der something, you know ...that south african lad....

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:09 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Van der something, you know ...that south african lad....

Haha raspberry

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:09 pm

Bates is a top class wicketkeeper but needs to work on his batting

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:16 pm

bates wont play for england until his batting is sorted he batted 10 the other night, and usually bats below cork.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:42 pm

Hence why he said he needs to work on his batting Whistle

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Master of the Late Cut Fri 22 Jul 2011, 6:18 pm

Briggs hasn't a chance to play for England. Rashid is way better.

Master of the Late Cut

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:59 pm

Agree with what most people are saying about Bates certainly needs to improve on his batting. Number 10 isn't good enough for a keeper.

Out of your list I think Briggs and Vince have the best chance of getting in Englands line-ups in the future. I think when Swann retires it will be a straight shoot-out between Rashid, Briggs and Borthwick.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:12 am

Liam
I think Borthwick is the best out of that lot.
In terms of batting,Taylor is definitely better than Vince.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:16 pm

Buttler will probably play for a one day or 2020 England team, Lewis Gregory may stand a chance just for being able to bowl up around the 90 mph mark and is pretty decent in one day games.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down