The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing Moments That Have Provoked A Reaction

+5
Jimmy Moz
oxring
eddyfightfan
BALTIMORA
AlexHuckerby
9 posters

Go down

Boxing Moments That Have Provoked A Reaction Empty Boxing Moments That Have Provoked A Reaction

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:11 am

Just a fun thread on what have been the biggest boxing moments for you and have provoked a reaction in you literally just standing up and screaming or gasp in disbelief, the moments in boxing when you just don't see something unbelievable coming and it just happens.

Some of the more recent moments I remember sitting down and wtahcing Mosley against Mayweather I hardly gave Mosley a chance and seeing as pretty much no one ever finds Floyds chin I could hardly give him a punchers chance as great as Mosley was. But when he smashed Mayweather with those two bombs I was in utter disbelief and was screaming jumping up down going "HE NEVER GETS CAUGHT HE'S NEVER BEEN HIT LIKE THAT!!!" Needless to say Mosley was eased out after but it provoked a major reaction from me.

Berto versus Ortiz another unbelievable one where I was screaming at Ortiz to hold on as he was in the corner in major trouble after just getting rocked in the 6th but then coming back with a ridiculous left hook to floor Berto making me jump up and down and scream at my computer! Hey I'm an emotional guy...

The left hook smashing Williams square in the face and completely end Williams' night from Martinez made me stand up in disbelief that the iron chinned Williams could be KO'd like that making me just stand there with my hands over my mouth.

What are the moments in boxing that have sparked a major reaction from you and what is it that it made you do?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Boxing Moments That Have Provoked A Reaction Empty Re: Boxing Moments That Have Provoked A Reaction

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:34 am

Everything provokes a reaction, even if it's only apathy. Smile

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Boxing Moments That Have Provoked A Reaction Empty Re: Boxing Moments That Have Provoked A Reaction

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:42 am

prescott khan was a shocker

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:55 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Everything provokes a reaction, even if it's only apathy. Smile
Pretty much sums up this article for me

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:59 am

DAVE667 wrote:

I think a more specific wording in the OP could have been in order.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:09 am

boxing most SHOCKING moments.....

riddick bowe's one two punch combination at a press conference, or his kicking incident after his opponent punched him after the bell, then his manager taking the guy down over the ropes

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:10 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Looking at the OP it was always going to be a huge ask!

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:43 am

DAVE667 wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Gotta be positive Dave. It's not another article on Khan vs Judah (I'm sure they need merging now), not is it a D4 thread, or a 'Has Ricky Hatton's choice of haircut been affected the the decline of American influence in boxing?' type thread...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:44 am

Admittedly, it's no 'backwards reverse anti-lineal semi-parallel inverse p4p loop-the-loop champion' or 'Naz, 37...' thread either...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

I remember making a slightly girly squawk when RJJ decked Calzaghe. Given how shot RJJ was, I was slightly surprised, to say the least.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:14 pm

I didn't think Joe was going to get up from that one. That was about the only thing RJJ did all fight mind lol

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Well Dave perhaps you could try actually posting somethign useful on this forum for once apart from never talkign about boxing and just trying to insult everyone like a crabby old man... Just a suggestion... Smile

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:23 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:prescott khan was a shocker
Was quality that, beautiful KO

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:23 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Well Dave perhaps you could try actually posting somethign useful on this forum for once apart from never talkign about boxing and just trying to insult everyone like a crabby old man... Just a suggestion... Smile

I wouldnt worry about Dave. He tried to get me kicked off here, hurled a huge amount of insults before getting warned by the mods for attempted cyberbullying. He then denied trying to get me kicked off until I showed everyone the article where he did. Not a very nice person and certainly not very a contributable poster. You learn to ignore him in the end

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:32 pm

Fair enough I used to read the old 606 and I've been posting on here long enough to know he's a muppet.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Sun 24 Jul 2011, 6:34 pm

The Montiel Vs Donaire fight. I was screaming at the computer 'stop the fight' etc. I've no idea why the ref let that continue. Wouldn't worry about Baltimora. Always quick to have a go at someone's article even though a quick scan of his own makes me wonder why...

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:00 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:The Montiel Vs Donaire fight. I was screaming at the computer 'stop the fight' etc. I've no idea why the ref let that continue. Wouldn't worry about Baltimora. Always quick to have a go at someone's article even though a quick scan of his own makes me wonder why...

I'll remember to run everything by your impeccable standards of quality control next time. Meanwhile I'll leave you to pick the sand out of your chuff.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:50 pm

If you're prepared to have dig at someone else's article you should be prepared to take it. Alex wrote an article posing a question if you've nothing reasonable to add I dont see the point in posting in the thread..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:57 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:If you're prepared to have dig at someone else's article you should be prepared to take it. Alex wrote an article posing a question if you've nothing reasonable to add I dont see the point in posting in the thread..

If you're prepared to have dig at someone else's article you should be prepared to take it. Alex wrote an article posing a question if you've nothing reasonable to add I dont see the point in posting in the thread..

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:05 pm

The Montiel Vs Donaire fight. I was screaming at the computer 'stop the fight' etc. I've no idea why the ref let that continue.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:08 pm

I was also quite animated at the Montiel-Donaire fight! What a knockdown.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down