The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Should Be Ireland's Team For The RWC

+4
Irish Curry
mrsuperclear
GavinDragon
C'mon You Irish
8 posters

Go down

This Should Be Ireland's Team For The RWC Empty This Should Be Ireland's Team For The RWC

Post by C'mon You Irish Sat 23 Jul 2011, 2:50 pm

Cian Healy
Mike Ross
Rory Best
O'Connell
O'Callaghan
Heaslip
O'Brien
Wallace
Reddan
Sexton
McFadden
O'Driscoll
Trimble
Bowe
Earls

Ferris would be in usually but he just wont be match fit also i have had enough of Darcy and his disgusting performances for us

Tbh i really believe if we actually click for once we would only be stopped by a NZ on top top form

C'mon You Irish

Back to top Go down

This Should Be Ireland's Team For The RWC Empty Re: This Should Be Ireland's Team For The RWC

Post by C'mon You Irish Sat 23 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

I really believe we are going to do well this year at the last world cup there was a lot of expectation around the team and like any good irish team in any sport they couldnt handle it lol. We also perform best when we are underdogs and although we are 4th in the world rankings no one is really taking us serious

I am actually very confident we are going to beat Aus in the groups and if we do so we will defo get the the final

C'mon You Irish

Back to top Go down

This Should Be Ireland's Team For The RWC Empty Re: This Should Be Ireland's Team For The RWC

Post by GavinDragon Sat 23 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

agree with your last comments, ireland england and france all have real shouts at winning the wc

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Sat 23 Jul 2011, 3:12 pm

Think there's been enough of these threads already but (a) how do you know Ferris won't be fit? It's a possibility, but so is him being fit. (b) you may have had enough of D'arcy but what in god's name has Fergus done to deserve getting parachuted in at inside centre? Honestly, I like the lad but he's being massively over-hyped in my opinion. It's either D'arcy or Wallace at inside centre and them's your only options.

In fairness, aside from the above complaints, that's probably the team I'd pick. I'd probably have a backrow of Ferris, Wallace & Heaslip (but not overly fussed about that) and I'd put in D'arcy.

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by C'mon You Irish Sat 23 Jul 2011, 3:12 pm

Darcy is a spent force forget him

C'mon You Irish

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Sat 23 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm

Good input

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 23 Jul 2011, 3:34 pm

[quote="C'mon You Irish"]Darcy is a spent force forget him[/quote]

I wouldn't be so sure but he has a massive race to be fit for the last warm-up match before the squad is anounced, he should by no means go with only the match vs England after the squad is picked ounder his belt
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Sat 23 Jul 2011, 3:39 pm

i agree with mrsuperclear 100% here ferris will most likely get a load of game time in the warm up matches, look at big Rocky for the wallabies, the Samoa and springbok game have been his only matches this season, coming back from prolonged injury. If he can do it 1F certainly can!

D'Arcy is a decent player and deserves his place, fergus hasn't preformed at this level so far so why should he be given the honor of playing 12 during the world cup.

wise up C'mon.

BelfastDickVet

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rdvcrfc/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2011, 3:44 pm

I am moving this into the fantasy picks section OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:01 pm

Wallace is ahead of McFadden. McFadden has played better on the wing this year than he has in the centre. D'Arcy is prbably in poll position at the moment. SOB would be the only other one I would maybe complain about. He is our best option at the moment but Ferris is breathing right down his neck

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:08 am

Ferris was interviewed on Radio Ulster on Saturday. He's back in full training and is confident he will feature in at least couple of the warm up games. Obviously he won't know how his knee will hold up until he plays a game but it sounds like if there are no further set backs then he'll be 100% fit.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:17 am

What about your bench?

Disagree about McF there unless Darcy doesn't travel and McF plays VERY well in the warm ups

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down