The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Channel Five

+13
RatBoy66
Mark2011
Lumbering_Jack
ian_jamsie
88Chris05
OasisBFC
John Bloody Wayne
Seanusarrilius
Young_Towzer
Primetime
sweet_pea
Adam D
The Galveston Giant
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Channel Five - Page 2 Empty Channel Five

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was wondering today whether the channel have a long term strategy/agenda in terms of broadcasting boxing on a regular basis, possibly 6+ times a year or are we to believe this is a one off?

Surely if viewing figures surpass expectations they will look into showing more promotions later on down the line?

I think most of us would agree that their budget would be better spent towards airing decent domestic tear ups than second rate Europa League football matches?

Or do they just not have the financial clout to make their mark in the sand long term?

Cheers guys.

Back to top Go down

Channel Five - Page 2 Empty Re: Channel Five

Post by RatBoy66 Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:08 am

They need viewing figures to convince commercial sponsors to invest. If they're not interested then it will be a one off show. However, I have the feeling that they'll give it more than just the one show. 5 are desperate for viewing figures and if enough of us tuned in tonight, they'll do it again.

RatBoy66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark2011 Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:10 pm

RatBoy66 wrote:They need viewing figures to convince commercial sponsors to invest. If they're not interested then it will be a one off show. However, I have the feeling that they'll give it more than just the one show. 5 are desperate for viewing figures and if enough of us tuned in tonight, they'll do it again.

I would agree with this.

Mark2011

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:54 pm

a shame we didnt get to see any of the undercard though.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:39 pm

Just read "Channel Five got massive numbers for Fury Chisora From 10pm, the fight averaged a slot-winning 2.26m (13%) peaking with 2.9m (19.7%)

Meanwhile, the broadcaster's screenings of NCIS (8pm) and Law & Order: SVU (9pm) took 929k (4.6%) and 1.1m (5.3%)."

Good news!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:05 pm

Scottrf wrote:Just read "Channel Five got massive numbers for Fury Chisora From 10pm, the fight averaged a slot-winning 2.26m (13%) peaking with 2.9m (19.7%)

Meanwhile, the broadcaster's screenings of NCIS (8pm) and Law & Order: SVU (9pm) took 929k (4.6%) and 1.1m (5.3%)."

Good news!

Shows that if you making decent fights where there isn't always a heavy favourite, the people will come.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm

I thought that the coverage, presentation of boxing by Channel 5 was Professional and refreshing.

I liked the set-up and enjoyed it.

Have read today that they will be showing Fury's ext fight live and have the option there for 5 more, so hopefully they had good figures and we will see boxing back on mainstream.

Anyone not wanting free boxing on a mainstream UK channel needs to go find another sport to follow.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:09 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Just read "Channel Five got massive numbers for Fury Chisora From 10pm, the fight averaged a slot-winning 2.26m (13%) peaking with 2.9m (19.7%)

Good news!

Shows that if you making decent fights where there isn't always a heavy favourite, the people will come.

Steady on GG. It was only a boxing match.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2