The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a look ahead

+6
Union Cane
zx1234
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
School Project
eddyfightfan
10 posters

Go down

a look ahead Empty a look ahead

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 02 Aug 2011, 5:07 pm

since the summer break is upon us and there is a general lull in activity from most fighters, i though a look ahead to the next month or two might be in order. have to say the action does look mouth watering. i've give my predictions as well, and see if you agree or disagree.

august

27th aug:- marcos maidana vs robert guerrero WBA light welterweight title- this should be a close fight, a real test for guerrero who could be set to take over the division should khan and bradley move up. he shouldnt look past maidana though, a tough fighter who can score the KO at any time. prediction: guerrero UD

27th aug:- alexander povetkin vs ruslan chagaev WBA heavyweight title- since wlad was upgraded to super champion the regular title is again up for grabs, im a big povetkin fan and think he will wear his man out with a high work rate and quick pace. prediction: povetkin late TKO

27th aug:- robert helenius vs sergi liakhovic WBA/WBO inter continetal heavyweight title- another heavyweight prospect in action, against a previous WBO world title holder. think helenius should have to much for sergi though, will work the jab and stay at range and try and land the big left hook. prediction: helenius mid KO

september

3rd sept:- andre berto vs jan zaveck IBF welterweight title- berto is back after his shocking defeat at the hands of ortiz. i think he will more focused and looking to prove a point after last time out, could be a close one if berto still has doubts in his mind but see him taking the fight on a close points decision. prediction: berto MD

10th sept:- vitali klitschko vs tomasz adamek WBC heavyweight title- a decent fight, i like adamek especially his work rate, think he will make it a good fight while it lasts, although i dont think he will hurt the granite chin of vitali and expect a straight right to catch him at some point in the fight. prediction: vitali mid to late KO

10th sept:- yuriorkis gamboa vs. daniel ponce de leon featherweight bout- de leon is a tough old cookie, if a little old now, i'd still give him a chance against some of the top contenders, but not this guy, gamboa for me is already climbing the P4P rankings and is a force to be reconned with. prediction: gamboa late KO

17th sept:- victor ortiz vs floyd mayweather jr WBC welterweight title- a very exciting fight, with victor coming off a great win over berto, and floyd of the back of a 18 months lay off it could be a very close fight, however i dont see it going that way, think it will be buisness as usual for mayweather as he picks off an overly eager victor. prediction: mayweather UD

17th sept:- saul alvarez vs. alfonso gomez WBC jr middleweight title- the ginger haired mexican is back again defending his title against gomez. alvarez has kept busy throughout the last year, granted not against the toughest opposition out there. but wins over rhodes, hatton, n'dou and baldomir isnt a bad years work. he is still young and will learn with every fight, and hopefully after the fight against gomez he will look to improve the quality of opposition. think alvarez with wear him down and finish it late on. prediction: alvarez late TKO

there are a lot of other great fights happening that i couldnt be bothered to write up, morales vs crolla, martinez vs barker, darchinyan vs TBA, mccdonnell vs hall, mccloskey vs prescott, martinez vs frampton, sykes vs buckland, degale vs wilczewski as well as many others.

hopefully we can make it through august and the lack of action without to much trouble, as from the end of august onwards it looks very good for boxing fans......

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

a look ahead Empty Re: a look ahead

Post by School Project Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:00 pm

Not a bad line up. Looking forward to Mayweather vs. Ortiz and Buckland vs. Sykes.

How are the odds on Guerrero beating Maidana Eddie?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:34 pm

dont think there out yet to be honest, im at willy hills and we dont have them yet.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:55 am

Burns vs Fana (Ring)
Mathysse vs Morales (WBC LMW)

Last edited by Scottrf on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:00 am

Morales vs Crolla is off...I believe it is now Morales vs Mathysse for the WBC title after Khan was upgraded to Super Champion. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:00 am

unfortunately fights like guerrero maidana usually go under the radar and don't have odds in the betting shops, the only bookies i can think of which has a good selection of fights is skybet,which is all online

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:02 am

Let's say that Guerrero wins the WBA LWW belt, and then Khan beats Bradley; Khan would then presumably be 'undisputed' even though Guerrero was WBA champ.

Is that right?

If it is right, its clearly wrong.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:03 am

Union Cane wrote:Let's say that Guerrero wins the WBA LWW belt, and then Khan beats Bradley; Khan would then presumably be 'undisputed' even though Guerrero was WBA champ.

Is that right?

If it is right, its clearly wrong.
Khan wouldn't have the WBC.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:03 am

Some really good stuff coming up then. Domestically Stu Hall v Jamie McDonnell should be good with straps on the line & a very even fight.

Wonder how much of these fights will be on the box though??

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:04 am

Domestically Rees vs Matthews is coming up too.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:05 am

Quiet for a little while now, really looking forwards to FMJ vs Ortiz and VK vs Adamek as i feel the latter has the athletisism to stay out of trouble providing he can get inside without getting hurt. If he boxes like he has against Grant & Arreola he won't last 5 minutes.

Maidana vs Guerrero is the one i'm most excited about and it's 13/8 for the latter by PTS - UD odds haven't been released yet but this for me will be my big big main bet of the aforementioned fights.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:08 am

I meant hypothtically. Its the same with the heavies, Povetkin or Chagaev will be the new WBA champ, but there's no incentive for Wlad to fight the winner because he's already got that one, but it would end the Klitschko dominance of all the belts. Would it?

Perhaps all the other 'organisations' (I use the word loosely) should upgrade Wlad and Vitali to Super Champions, and put all the other belts back out there and we could start again.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:11 am

Personally I feel we will not make sense of the title picture until every active fighter is a world champion in their division. Four per weight as well as a couple of super champions and interim champions is nowhere near enough.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:16 am

Can they not see what a bloody joke it is?!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:20 am

Get with the programme Fists, it's a brave new world.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:21 am

So it seems...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:28 am

They should also introduce height divisions across the weight divisions.

The "WBB Interim Gold Silver Bronze Super Junior Diamond Six Foot Five To Six Foot Eight Featherweight Champion Of The World" has a nice ring to it...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:00 am

Im not sure, but I think Ive got one of the lightweight belts. My record is 0-0-0 (0 KOs), so Im an undefeated world champion. But wheres my coverage? Khan has got a loss on his record, and people go on about him on a daily basis.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:10 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Can they not see what a bloody joke it is?!

Think they're too busy stuffing caviar into their eyes and then attempting to wash it out with $15000 bottles of champagne.

Bless them, buying 100 of the hottest whores money can buy each day leaves them a bit tired as well.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down