The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEWIS MOODY is set to resume the England Captaincy

+27
Mr Thunder
snoopster
formerly known as Sam
G2
screamingaddabs
Rugby_Assessor
greenandpleasantland
Luckless Pedestrian
R!skysports
Geordie
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
TheGreyGhost
yappysnap
Pal Joey
red_stag
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
tomathy
robbo277
beshocked
rodders
Effervescing Elephant
funnyExiledScot
munkian
Davie
bedfordwelsh
nottins
maestegmafia
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

LEWIS MOODY is set to resume the England Captaincy - Page 3 Empty LEWIS MOODY is set to resume the England Captaincy

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

LEWIS MOODY is set to resume the England captaincy for Saturday’s Investec international against Wales at a sold-out Twickenham.

The Bath flanker missed the whole of England’s Six Nations title-winning campaign with a knee ligament injury, handing over the captaincy first to Mike Tindall and then Nick Easter.

But Moody, 33, is the man England manager Martin Johnson wants to lead his squad into the Rugby World Cup.

Johnson will officially confirm the team to face Wales – the first of England’s three World Cup warm-up fixtures – tomorrow lunchtime.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2011/08/03/lewis-moody-set-to-return-to-lead-england-against-wales-91466-29166099/#ixzz1TxYvUVa9

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

LEWIS MOODY is set to resume the England Captaincy - Page 3 Empty Re: LEWIS MOODY is set to resume the England Captaincy

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Aug 2011, 2:28 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:McCaw cheats less blatantly than Wayne Barnes.

Actually, I'd put them on par with each other GG. Wink

Hey...by the way... why was that Lions try against BOP disallowed in 1971? It looked perfectly fine to me.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

LEWIS MOODY is set to resume the England Captaincy - Page 3 Empty Re: LEWIS MOODY is set to resume the England Captaincy

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:23 pm

And Barnes must be a terrible 7, he never gets penalised.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

LEWIS MOODY is set to resume the England Captaincy - Page 3 Empty Moody Captain of a sinking ship

Post by Patron Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:25 pm

Wuill he go down in flames, or simply go down with his ship?

Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Patron Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:26 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:

And Barnes must be a terrible 7, he never gets penalised.

Rumpole is embarrassed for Portia!

Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:27 pm

Barnes has single-handedly put his nation in a World Cup final, more than that over-rated McCaw has ever done.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:32 pm

To be fair, he put them into the semi-final. From there on in England had to actually beat France on a level playing field, ironically revealing even further how heroic Barnes had been the preceding week.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:34 pm

That's what I was saying, we had the rub on France and everyone knew it. By eliminating New Zealand, no-one could stand in our way. Thank you Wayne Barnes OBE.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:36 pm

I don't think England have ever actually thanked New Zealand for tiring out France in 2007, or for doing the same to Australia in 2003.

Hard to see how England would have won if either side had not had to play NZ the week before.

With any luck England will let their actions do the talking and do the same for us one day.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:39 pm

Don't worry fella, we'll tire out Scotland for you before the Quarter-finals this year. Least we can do.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:40 pm

That day may be sooner than you don't expect, GG.

If you don't win this time - I'm emigrating back to Mum's old farm near Okuku.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:43 pm

Yeah. I'm clearing my calendar from October through to the end of my life just in case the worst happens.

I don't think I can bear another three months of listening to crowing England fans going on and on AND on as though winning the rugby world cup or making the final is something to be proud of.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:48 pm

You're bigger than that GG... stand tall!

A couple of months ago I threw out over a dozen sets of those earplugs and sleeping masks they give you on planes.

Talk about bad timing!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfred Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:51 pm

The worst scenario for the blacks is Eng loosing to Scotland in their group and then NZ vs Eng being the QF. That would then be the first knockout game NZ have played since Cardiff and Eng are good at doing the necessary in knock-out rugby- especially in QF if you look at their history. The pressure would really be on then - whereass if you get a QF against Scot or Arg you will walk it.

deadfred

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:52 pm

I'm trying to imagine what a 29 hour flight from Auckland to London might be like the week after the RWC final.

Some of the scenarios make me shudder.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:53 pm

deadfred wrote:The worst scenario for the blacks is Eng loosing to Scotland in their group and then NZ vs Eng being the QF. That would then be the first knockout game NZ have played since Cardiff and Eng are good at doing the necessary in knock-out rugby- especially in QF if you look at their history. The pressure would really be on then - whereass if you get a QF against Scot or Arg you will walk it.

laughing

I'm sorry, but laughing .

I mean, honestly. Thanks, I needed something hilarious to cheer me up.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

deadfred wrote:The worst scenario for the blacks is Eng loosing to Scotland in their group and then NZ vs Eng being the QF. That would then be the first knockout game NZ have played since Cardiff and Eng are good at doing the necessary in knock-out rugby- especially in QF if you look at their history. The pressure would really be on then - whereass if you get a QF against Scot or Arg you will walk it.

England have never beaten NZ in a RWC match though. Not as big a monkey on their backs as Scotland and Argentina's never-beaten-NZ one, but still ...
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:I'm trying to imagine what a 29 hour flight from Auckland to London might be like the week after the RWC final.

Some of the scenarios make me shudder.

Yeah, I would pity the poor cabin crew and the cleaners in Singapore... I don't think they'd be flying Virgin?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 04 Aug 2011, 3:58 pm

But we've got our two famous draws to be proud of!! The 1964 0-0 thriller (bet that was a spectator orgasm) and the so nearly and yet so far 1983 effort that ended 25-25 from memory Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 04 Aug 2011, 4:03 pm

But just think - if GG was on a 29 hour flight that would mean 29 hours SPAM free posting on English rugby threads... The way he keeps changing his mind on what he attacks and the inability to read what has gone before (20 penalties?..... ) its just frightening how much he is taking over these threads. I wish whoever employs him gets to notice how much time he takes over this board.

For the record Moody has made a big (and surprising) difference as captain - he is also very articulate when interviewed. Easter as captain is a no no. I dont know if hes just unlucky as leader or not but when its happened it just hasnt worked. No idea about Croft but hes still one of the best players we have.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 04 Aug 2011, 4:04 pm

And anyone who has ever played at the highest level will tell you that the first skill you're looking for in a flanker is an articulate interview.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 04 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm

New Zealand have never beat England in a World Cup game in New Zealand though, or on a Thursday.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by greenandpleasantland Thu 04 Aug 2011, 4:28 pm

To be fair if someone is articulate in an interview it would follow that they are capable of logical thought and communication...whih would be handy when leading the current England side.....as then they could be told to stop using Plan A when it isn't working and move to Plan B...which is not code for keep using Plan A! I swear sometimes that England pick 15 General Melchetts.

Although linking Moody and logical thought and communication together seems entriely wrong?!?!?

greenandpleasantland

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 04 Aug 2011, 4:34 pm

Your definition of "articulate" is being able to say "Plan A isn't working, let's use Plan B" ?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Thunder Thu 04 Aug 2011, 4:42 pm

"I'm trying to imagine what a 29 hour flight from Auckland to London might be like the week after the RWC final."

Why? Are kiwi's going to be that embarrassed that their going to be leaving their own country when they choke? I suppose 6 tournaments of failing would do that to you Yahoo

Mr Thunder

Back to top Go down

Post by greenandpleasantland Thu 04 Aug 2011, 4:45 pm

Articulate...to use language easily and fluently...just one definition.
When it comes to an England rugby player over the last few years i would be tempted to class pre-verbal grunting as articulate....clearly nobody was able to say to anyone else that a certain game plan wasn't working and maybe we should try something else! Smile

greenandpleasantland

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 04 Aug 2011, 8:14 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:Yeah. I'm clearing my calendar from October through to the end of my life just in case the worst happens.

I don't think I can bear another three months of listening to crowing England fans going on and on AND on as though winning the rugby world cup or making the final is something to be proud of.

Never mind GG youll have a few weeks of the endless drivel about the all blacks legendary moments when youre back home thats pumped down peoples throats. Infact some posted a link on here to yet a nother All Blacks comiplation today.
Dont you lot get bored crowing about all your victories and coming up with new ways to make yourselves sound even more pompous?

But you know its hardly suprising that Engflnad get so excited about their worldcup win. How on earth anyone can win a tournament with the all mighty godheads and legendary beings that is the all blacks is beyond me. It boggles the mind.

Im looking forward to all the interviews with All Blacks telling us just exactly how much the shirt means to them.

In actual fact pretty much any sports coverage rarely gets beyond the mildly embaressing.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3