The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaked Welsh team from reliable source

+30
mpc28
TycroesOsprey
RubyGuby
glamorganalun
redrugbyexile
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
deadfred
Impossible Standards
formerly known as Sam
nottins_jones
Taffineastbourne
Glas a du
irnbrew
BlueNote
flyhalffactory
Smirnoffpriest
offload
Seagultaf
Cumbrian
bedfordwelsh
screamingaddabs
tomathy
munkian
Luckless Pedestrian
ScarletSpiderman
Effervescing Elephant
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
maestegmafia
beshocked
wrfc1980
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Leaked Welsh team from reliable source - Page 3 Empty Leaked Welsh team from reliable source

Post by wrfc1980 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

This will be the Welsh team to play England on Saturday - its from a reliable source who has access to the Welsh training squad. As a English supporter I would be very dissapointed to loose to this Welsh team. There is potential to score tries for the Welsh for sure however there are many liabilities when it comes to defence. Priestland, Stoddard, Henson and Hook are all likely to miss a tackle or 3! Roll on Saturday, I for one can't wait! Haven't been able to get a leaked England team however Sharples and Manu Tualagi are almost certain to start.

15. Priestland
14. Stoddard
13. Henson
12. Roberts
11. North
10. Hook
9. Williams
1. Geth
2. Bennett
3. Mitchell
4. Jughead
5. Charteris
6. Warburton
7. Turnbull
8. Faletau

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Leaked Welsh team from reliable source - Page 3 Empty Re: Leaked Welsh team from reliable source

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:30 pm

Glas a du wrote:Tell you what, shall we wait for the actual team to he announced? Gatland will want to create some waves and there will he more than enough controversy.

The team seemed pretty clearcut today, almost too clearcut if you know what you mean. May be a few surprises come thursday lunchtime.

Live announcement online on Wales online

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2011/08/03/wales-v-engalnd-live-team-announcement-12-15pm-thursday-91466-29170354/

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Leaked Welsh team from reliable source - Page 3 Empty Re: Leaked Welsh team from reliable source

Post by Glas a du Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:37 pm

And there's still time for a couple of injuries!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:41 pm

Lets hope not, we are already possibly missing Rees, Hibbard and Halfpenny.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:49 pm

Some decent Welsh hookers must be wondering should they try and improve their game to get into the fold (a la Burns) or just play worse and get a string of caps (Bennett) or made captain (Rees).
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:54 pm

Rumours on the Scarlet Fever forum that Geth Jenkins twisted his ankle in training so doubt he'll be starting on Sat. That could all be rubbish though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:55 pm

Call up Phill John.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by mpc28 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:02 pm

For those of you who have sky on espn classic right now is wales vs england from the 2003 world cup

mpc28

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:28 pm

mpc28 wrote:For those of you who have sky on espn classic right now is wales vs england from the 2003 world cup

I dont want to spoil it but thats th one Wales won 3-1 isnt it?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:37 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
mpc28 wrote:For those of you who have sky on espn classic right now is wales vs england from the 2003 world cup

I dont want to spoil it but thats th one Wales won 3-1 isnt it?

Isn't that what nottins calls the 'moral victory' ....? Rolling Eyes
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfred Thu 04 Aug 2011, 4:55 am

That QF was the worst rugby day ever for me. We had England and S Jones missed 2 conversions and a easy penalty in the first half that cost us the game. That game in 2003 was the worst defeat we have ever had because we should have won but SJ f****d it.

deadfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 04 Aug 2011, 8:06 am

Yes but completely by accident, Shane was rediscovered and we end up with two grand slams, with the biggest games in both being wallopings of England (yes you can have a one point walloping, right!)
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Thu 04 Aug 2011, 8:44 am

Coach Warren Gatland is likely to resist the temptation to experiment when he announces the Wales side to play England at Twickenham on Saturday.

Gavin Henson may have to wait to stake his World Cup spot with Gatland likely to opt for Jamie Roberts and Jonathan Davies in the Wales midfield.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/14396648.stm

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 8:50 am

deadfred wrote:That QF was the worst rugby day ever for me. We had England and S Jones missed 2 conversions and a easy penalty in the first half that cost us the game. That game in 2003 was the worst defeat we have ever had because we should have won but SJ f****d it.

Actually part of what cost us was Mike Catt coming on for England in the 2nd half. Changed the game that. The other part was our ill discipline.

Can't see how you can really blame one player for a loss. It's a team game.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 04 Aug 2011, 8:53 am

Another Non story from the BBC... Rolling Eyes
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 04 Aug 2011, 8:54 am

The only missed kick they showed on ESPN yesterday was an early Wilkinson penalty so I'll have to take your word for it, Fred.

The great thing about watching the match again was that you could see the first shoots of the style that won us the 2005 Grand Slam. The offloading was superb in the build up to the third try in particular.

We tried backline moves off first-phase ball, too, something we didn't do once in this year's Six Nations.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 04 Aug 2011, 9:24 am

rugbydreamer wrote:
deadfred wrote:That QF was the worst rugby day ever for me. We had England and S Jones missed 2 conversions and a easy penalty in the first half that cost us the game. That game in 2003 was the worst defeat we have ever had because we should have won but SJ f****d it.

Actually part of what cost us was Mike Catt coming on for England in the 2nd half. Changed the game that. The other part was our ill discipline.

Can't see how you can really blame one player for a loss. It's a team game.

Yes Jones missed those kicks but he didn't miss all the tackles in the game or other bits that went wrong.

A bigger influence in that game was Mike Catt coming on and totally changing theer game plan.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Thu 04 Aug 2011, 10:10 am

Now adding to the Tindall statement that England will play an expansive game, then the game will be very open!! again playing into Hooks hands

You are labouring under the misunderstanding about what Good Ol' Tindles means when he says 'Expansive'.

Tindall = Expansive = "I might (possibly - If I try really hard and remember what Johnno has told me) pass it (at least ONCE) to my more pacey colleagues on the wing".

As he trundled away from the interview he was heard to repeatedly mumble the following mantra, "I must not, repeat must not, hurl myself at the feet of the first opponent that gets in my way, I must not, repeat must not, hurl myself at the feet of the first opponent that gets in my way."

Just thought I'd set you straight Smile
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:14 am

He can pass, can he?

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:28 am

IF the thread on the 'leaked' English side is right then maybe the English will play open rugby as Tindall ain't in the 22.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:32 pm

So my source was correct bar she couldn't remember the front row.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

Risca - far better than this threads source
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:42 pm

To be fair she knew about Adam's injury too and obviously that Bennett would start. Could've stuck my neck out with Mitchell and Bennett really.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:45 pm

Shall we close this then and bash Bennett in the new thread ? OK
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:46 pm

munkian wrote:Shall we close this then and bash Bennett in the new thread ? OK

Sounds like a good suggestion to me laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 04 Aug 2011, 6:24 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:This will be the Welsh team to play England on Saturday - its from a reliable source who has access to the Welsh training squad. As a English supporter I would be very dissapointed to loose to this Welsh team. There is potential to score tries for the Welsh for sure however there are many liabilities when it comes to defence. Priestland, Stoddard, Henson and Hook are all likely to miss a tackle or 3! Roll on Saturday, I for one can't wait! Haven't been able to get a leaked England team however Sharples and Manu Tualagi are almost certain to start.

15. Priestland
14. Stoddard
13. Henson
12. Roberts
11. North
10. Hook
9. Williams
1. Geth
2. Bennett
3. Mitchell
4. Jughead
5. Charteris
6. Warburton
7. Turnbull
8. Faletau

Well done OP nearly 50% incorrect, either you are a little Walter Mitty, or your "reliable" source who has "access" to the welsh training squad is a little tinker of a liar.

Worse still you were 50% incorrect with Sharples as well.............. Oh Hum

Perhaps you better refrain from the prediction game
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Thu 04 Aug 2011, 6:41 pm

Another wrong selection Jughead (Ryan Jones) is wrong and Warbs playing 6!

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 04 Aug 2011, 6:59 pm

I haven't really been following this thread, so apologies if this has already been asked, but just how many selections did the 'reliable source' get right?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 04 Aug 2011, 7:27 pm

Yes - a poor source. More phone tapping required.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 04 Aug 2011, 7:41 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Another wrong selection Jughead (Ryan Jones) is wrong and Warbs playing 6!

Alun

Ahhhh thought "Jughead" was Bradley Davies shows how much I know Wink

So thats 8 wrong selections and 1 positional

Plus 50% incorrect on the England call

Ahhhh love it when a plan comes together

flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 04 Aug 2011, 8:03 pm

To be far Sharples had been sugested as a starter in the press, as had Botha. Seems everyones been punked by the leeks.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Thu 04 Aug 2011, 8:14 pm

Flyhalf:

The only reliable source we had in the past was Osprey1973 on 606 but I assume he has not joined this site.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Thu 04 Aug 2011, 8:22 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Flyhalf:

The only reliable source we had in the past was Osprey1973 on 606 but I assume he has not joined this site.

Yes he is on here using the same name

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Thu 04 Aug 2011, 9:08 pm

Sorry lads, my reliable source let me down, he normally comes good obviously not on this occasion. I will be having stern words with him down the pub on Saturday for the game and will be demanding a pint as compensation.

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Thu 04 Aug 2011, 9:17 pm

You deserve the pint or two!

Cheers, good debate anyway.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 04 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

OP

Excellent debate nevertheless......... good workout before the your game with the old enemy
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:56 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:I haven't really been following this thread, so apologies if this has already been asked, but just how many selections did the 'reliable source' get right?

Yes I did, bar the front row. As I said, I could've got two of them right though. Everybody knew Benny was starting and I would've said Mitchell too, cos Adam was always struggling with his niggle.

You're welcome.

Such A Service i provide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:15 am

Give over Risca, you're Rough As Flip and that's it.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 11 Aug 2011, 3:28 pm

Fair play to this Leaked team, it is one week late, but pretty much on the money (turnbull on bench Lydiate starting, hook and Priestland wrong way around). Anyone have a feeling Gats had this team in mind all along??
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 3:32 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Fair play to this Leaked team, it is one week late, but pretty much on the money (turnbull on bench Lydiate starting, hook and Priestland wrong way around). Anyone have a feeling Gats had this team in mind all along??

Also, Burns starting and L.Williams not even on the bench, let alone starting.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3