The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaked Welsh team from reliable source

+30
mpc28
TycroesOsprey
RubyGuby
glamorganalun
redrugbyexile
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
deadfred
Impossible Standards
formerly known as Sam
nottins_jones
Taffineastbourne
Glas a du
irnbrew
BlueNote
flyhalffactory
Smirnoffpriest
offload
Seagultaf
Cumbrian
bedfordwelsh
screamingaddabs
tomathy
munkian
Luckless Pedestrian
ScarletSpiderman
Effervescing Elephant
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
maestegmafia
beshocked
wrfc1980
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Leaked Welsh team from reliable source - Page 2 Empty Leaked Welsh team from reliable source

Post by wrfc1980 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

This will be the Welsh team to play England on Saturday - its from a reliable source who has access to the Welsh training squad. As a English supporter I would be very dissapointed to loose to this Welsh team. There is potential to score tries for the Welsh for sure however there are many liabilities when it comes to defence. Priestland, Stoddard, Henson and Hook are all likely to miss a tackle or 3! Roll on Saturday, I for one can't wait! Haven't been able to get a leaked England team however Sharples and Manu Tualagi are almost certain to start.

15. Priestland
14. Stoddard
13. Henson
12. Roberts
11. North
10. Hook
9. Williams
1. Geth
2. Bennett
3. Mitchell
4. Jughead
5. Charteris
6. Warburton
7. Turnbull
8. Faletau

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Leaked Welsh team from reliable source - Page 2 Empty Re: Leaked Welsh team from reliable source

Post by nottins_jones Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:21 pm

FHF is a Scot living down west Wales who also supports the Scarlets. So yeah, I understand where he's coming from, he's caught Scarlet fever.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Leaked Welsh team from reliable source - Page 2 Empty Re: Leaked Welsh team from reliable source

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:24 pm

nottins_jones wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:rugbydreamer/smirnoff

Well lets just say certain posters have advocated that that the only way you will win games is with Hook at 10, and he will have no excuse as Williams will provide him with quick ball, thus providing Henson with opportunity after opportunity to show his talent.

And England will play an expansive game as well.
So no excuses now boys and girls

So it will put the argument to bed one way or another

Be careful what you wish for!!!

Regardless of the result I'm sure you'll be telling us how Knoyle and Jones are the best halfbacks in the NH and how there should of been more Scarlets involved... Doh

Nottins have you ever had anything constructive to say in your non-existant life
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:26 pm

Good point SS - it's what I'm always worried about with Wales - will Gats allow the team to play intelligent rugby. If Gats is going to instruct Hook to stand well back and kick, and for Williams to slow the ball down then it could be a long afternoon. I also think Williams, Hook and Henson are in for a long afternoon of big guys running straight down their throat all day long.

But we'll see - as you say there's a lot of IF's between now and then

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:27 pm

nottins_jones wrote:FHF is a Scot living down west Wales who also supports the Scarlets. So yeah, I understand where he's coming from, he's caught Scarlet fever.

I am a Scot living near Edinburgh, I worked in South Wales and went to watch more Ospreys games than the Scarlets. I am speaking based on what I see not what region, team, area I support

You my child need to grow up or shut up
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:29 pm

Smirnoff - the plus side is that the players selected are all exceptionally compentant and confident when running the ball at the opposition, even the pack has a pacey free flowing feel to it.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:31 pm

Still showing off and throwing petty insults then when somebody doesn't agree with you flyhalf. Pathetic. Let us know when you've recovered from Scarlet syndrome Very Happy.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:31 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:
nottins_jones wrote:FHF is a Scot living down west Wales who also supports the Scarlets. So yeah, I understand where he's coming from, he's caught Scarlet fever.

I am a Scot living near Edinburgh, I worked in South Wales and went to watch more Ospreys games than the Scarlets. I am speaking based on what I see not what region, team, area I support

You my child need to grow up or shut up

Please the later!

(sorry I don't normally engage in insult hurling but it's deserved)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:32 pm

nottins,

With the exception of James all our props are worringly only just coming back from injury.

Likewise our wings with only Brew the one who played all season.

It is a weakened side but thats the aim of these first two games and then put our 1st against the Pumas
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:33 pm

according to wiki he's very slightly taller than henson at 6ft1.

Hmm I'm not sure about that. I met Manu and Alesana at a Tigers A League game, they are genuinely nice blokes and are always happy to chat to fans, and Manu seemed about an inch or so shorter than me and I'm 6 foot. Alesana is a monster in the flesh though, just massive, the tv images or even watching the game live don't portray just how intimidating he is (even though he is exceptionally polite).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:35 pm

That is the positive SS - I'm looking forward to seeing the backrow and back 3 in action

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:37 pm

Smirnoff I see you're giving flyhalf the pleasure of walking around with a clenched backside as you go fawning over him from article to article all because I disagreed with you on Knoyle. Very Happy Carry on internet insult hurling, it's like watching paint dry! Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:38 pm

Smirnoff - your are only excited to see the back three in action bacause you are one-eyed, and you will see them sliping off tackles more than anything laughing

Can't wait to see the official side named, and more improtantly I can't wait for the match, so that the rugby can do the talking as opposed to all of us having to do it.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:40 pm

nottins_jones wrote:Still showing off and throwing petty insults then when somebody doesn't agree with you flyhalf. Pathetic. Let us know when you've recovered from Scarlet syndrome Very Happy.

I believe all the posters on here have seen who launched the first petty childish tirade of abuse. I just replied that I am not a Scarlet or live in West Wales, I told you when I was working down in Wales I watched more Ospreys games than any other game and this is throwing petty insults

Posters are united in the condemnation of your immature and childlike remarks, its getting a tad boring now laddy and the only thing that is pathetic is your attempt at winding posters up.

GROW UP for goodness sake..... you are 22
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:41 pm

keep it friendly please folks, no insults otherwise posts will be removed/edited. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:43 pm

I don't know - I think Priestland is really good in defence and I've thought for a long time that he is our best option at FB.

I agree that I'd prefer Brew or Halfpenny in instead of Stoddart but his defence was very good in this last season for Wales whenever he played, and is a very potent attacking threat, and can hoof the ball.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:45 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:keep it friendly please folks, no insults otherwise posts will be removed/edited. Thanks.

Understand totally but you have to look at the consistant origins of these "handbags" the guy is constantly winding people up............ you can only ignore for so long
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfred Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:45 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:rugbydreamer/smirnoff

Well lets just say certain posters have advocated that that the only way you will win games is with Hook at 10, and he will have no excuse as Williams will provide him with quick ball, thus providing Henson with opportunity after opportunity to show his talent.

And England will play an expansive game as well.
So no excuses now boys and girls

So it will put the argument to bed one way or another

Be careful what you wish for!!!

If this is the team me for one will be very pleased. Yes we need Hook at 10 and yes we need a quick SH and yes we need to see if Henson and Roberts work well and yes we need to see what options we have at FB. Just look at the AB's - the benchmark - they can run and attack and score from anywhere and pose a constant threat. This team has the potential to very threatening with the ball. hopefully they can tackle a bit too.

In regard to being careful what you wish for...Its you who needs to do that FHF....are you telling me that you'll concede defeat in the SJ Hook debate if Hook has a blinder on Saturday?

deadfred

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:45 pm

Smirnoff - you just need to ask Halfpenny what he thinks about Stoddarts tackling (when on the wing) after that beast of a tackle he did (not a spear) on Halfpenny at the CCS (I believe). He is far better defensively on the wing than at fullback, and he does seem to used the touchline to help himself out.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:51 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:
nottins_jones wrote:Still showing off and throwing petty insults then when somebody doesn't agree with you flyhalf. Pathetic. Let us know when you've recovered from Scarlet syndrome Very Happy.

I believe all the posters on here have seen who launched the first petty childish tirade of abuse. I just replied that I am not a Scarlet or live in West Wales, I told you when I was working down in Wales I watched more Ospreys games than any other game and this is throwing petty insults

Posters are united in the condemnation of your immature and childlike remarks, its getting a tad boring now laddy and the only thing that is pathetic is your attempt at winding posters up.

GROW UP for goodness sake..... you are 22

I don;t think so. you're the one who childishly called me a child, told me i had a non-existant life and told me to grow up. All for no reason whatsoever.

I made a valid contribution, in pointing out that you're constatnly bemoaning posters as to why they don't think Knoyle and Jones are the best half backs we have. Then you usually post repetitive rubbish when they don't agree. Kind of like today.

No wind up was intended. You telling people to grow up is getting boring now...

"Understand totally but you have to look at the consistant origins of these "handbags" the guy is constantly winding people up............ you can only ignore for so long."

Ah I see you're sucking up to moderators now to try and gain favour. Dreamer, you might want to take a look at this guys false accusations, such as the above quote.

Last edited by nottins_jones on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote FHF)
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:I agree that I'd prefer Brew or Halfpenny in instead of Stoddart but his defence was very good in this last season for Wales whenever he played, and is a very potent attacking threat, and can hoof the ball.

In a way, I'm glad that Brew isn't getting a run this weekend (if that is the team), as he'll get an opportunity at the Millennium in one of two games we should look to win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:56 pm

Enough from all of you now. You've been warned, just move on from this squabble please. I don't want to have to delete posts or lock this thread. If you see a post that is blatently a WUM, either report it or ignore it.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:58 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:

Enough from all of you now. You've been warned, just move on from this squabble please. I don't want to have to delete posts or lock this thread. If you see a post that is blatently a WUM, either report it or ignore it.

Thanks.

Agreed, dreamer, that Rev should just reel his neck in!! Laugh

Rev, so you won't be looking to win all your games then?! Whistle

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:59 pm

"In regard to being careful what you wish for...Its you who needs to do that FHF....are you telling me that you'll concede defeat in the SJ Hook debate if Hook has a blinder on Saturday?"

Dead

"In regard to being careful what you wish for...Its you who needs to do that FHF....
What exactly do you mean?............. I mean I know I am a Scot and you are Welsh but plain english will do

Hook has had "brilliant" games before now.... ahem England 2007 (MOM), Scotland 2011 (20 mins)............. and he has also had dire games France 2011, so no I am not holding my breath that one good game means he going to be a consistently good 10 🤦
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by redrugbyexile Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:59 pm

I refuse to believe that gatland would send out such a team, this smacks of Jenkins 2007 all over again. Wales have no continuity or confidence at the moment, we are fart arsing about with various players. The three warm ups should have 12 plus front line players in each match giving a starting rotation of nine others over the three matches. On that basis 21 out of 30 players would have a crack from the off, the remaining nine would have replacement opportunities. The final ten (up to 40) were never going to figure anyhow.

No time for sentiment.

redrugbyexile

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 03 Aug 2011, 4:01 pm

Flyhalf, I believe you missed out the Ireland game (Hook's MOTM) in 2011 too. Very Happy
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Wed 03 Aug 2011, 4:05 pm

FHF, I think to be fair you are being a bit over-negative about Hook.
One occasion that springs to mind is when he came on at 10 to bring Wales from 20-odd points down to draw against Australia in Cardiff. When he's good, he is good. The trouble is his inconsistency, and that he is prone to making blunders which have awful consequences (interceptions being a speciality, partly I think beause he tries too hard).

Good luck against Ireland btw.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 4:07 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

Agreed, dreamer, that Rev should just reel his neck in!! Laugh

Rev, so you won't be looking to win all your games then?! Whistle

Yeah, sorry Dreamer, I'll be good Whistle

As, in all seriousness I think England will go strong and we'll experiment this week and vice versa then next. I'll settle for two wins given that one is at Twickenham. If we were playing Scotland twice and Argentina once, I'd expect three big Welsh wins Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfred Wed 03 Aug 2011, 4:08 pm

FHF - Maybe Im stupid but you seemed to be implying that if Hook didn't work in this game then that 'would put the argument to bed'. You seem to want to have one rule for you and one for everyone else. Very grown up indeed.

deadfred

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 03 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

rre,

I can see your point about sentiment etc but I am fairly happy with this as the first game other than Bennett.

Some of the chouices have been forced on him

Both Jenkins and Mitchell need gametime.

Charterris & Faletau would have been involved in the 6 Nations if not for injury.

A hell of a lot have been calling for Hook to start at 10.

Henson - Well is was inevitable he would play.

Stoddard showed up well this season and deserves his chance.

Not sure about Priestland at XV.

There are a few changes I would have made but again other than Bennett they to would have been up for debate.

I would have put Delve at 8 and given Brew a start.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfred Wed 03 Aug 2011, 4:20 pm

More likely to be more scrums then normal in this game due to rust and running intent and less line outs - so hopefully Bennet is the right call.

deadfred

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 03 Aug 2011, 4:23 pm

I said the Hook campaigners have got their wish............... now you have said be careful what i have wished for....... Well I havent wished for a Williams/Hook/Henson inclusion?? so sorry I cannae understand your rationale here.

I stated that Phillips doesnt provide Hook with the platform he needs "quick ball" so young Williams will, and also with Henson in the midfield then all the ingredients are then for Hook to play his natural game............. don't you agree?

Now adding to the Tindall statement that England will play an expansive game, then the game will be very open!! again playing into Hooks hands

If this is the case then there is no excuse for Hook to have a poor game is there ...don't you agree? if he can't play well in such a match "then well it will put the argument to bed"

Now on another day England might close the game down leaving Hook no space to operate, then a good 10 will change the game plan well then if he can play well in such a tight sitiation then yes we can say Hook is a good 10 and "put that side of the argument to bed"

Understand Dead
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 03 Aug 2011, 4:42 pm

The final ten (up to 40) were never going to figure anyhow.

Only works if you are confident on the ten. Giving them no game time might also prove to be an error should one need to be brought out to make up the numbers if an injury crisis takes place. More likely the opening two tests will be about deciding on the overall squad (first team players also getting some game time) and the final test will be about the first 15 getting a run out together before the RWC.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:19 pm

RRE;

Agreed totally with your post regarding we should pick our strongest sides with a few changes, we have a third choice 9, the back row is inexperienced with Warbs out of position, the second row is second choice, front row is second choice, Henson out of position, Priestland at full back (better at 10) other than that it is not a bad team. This is hardly the first team but it will show if we have any strength in depth, at least we won't have Jon Davies running out of the line as he did twice against the Baa Baas and giving two tries away.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:30 pm

This game will be won and lost at the breakdown and not by Wales's attacking rugby. England for some reason are streets ahead in this department and if Wales are not physical enough in this area it will be a 20 points plus game

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:30 pm

I dont think the OP's team is quite right, All the phots of training Ive seen have shown Paul james lined up on the same team as warburton, he sat out yesterdays session.

As for Gav at 13, maybe the op just got told the centres but I really cant see Henson at 13 not after the way he played for sarries there and the difference when he played 12 for Toulon. Although they may be switching a lot it does perhaps confirm worries about his defensive work at 12.

Personally Im happy with Priestland at 15, Ive seen him play well there a couple of times for the scarlets tho I do think he is going to be considered more as an outside half after the world cup.

The Halfbacks look exciting, Lloyd Willimas is going to be quality and for those saying hes weak defensively, well hes not a small lad(6ft and 14 stone) and hes prepared to put his body on the line whilst playing. so I would be more worried about a defensive lapse from Hook.

If thats the team I would hope to see Delve, Adam, Ryan, Burns, Phillips, Wellies, Brew on the bench with all of them getting some gametime

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:33 pm

RubyGuby wrote:This game will be won and lost at the breakdown... England for some reason are streets ahead in this department

I haven't seen any evidence for that conclusion. Both England and Wales were guilty of failing to commit forwards to the breakdown in their final Six Nations matches and both paid for it.

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:38 pm

They are streets ahead of Wales in this department and IMO that will be the key area on the weekend rather than it being a rugby fest.

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:39 pm

The breakdown's always a key area, I just haven't seen any evidence that they're 'streets ahead' of us.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:40 pm

I think your right Ruby the Breakdown will be key and here if the ops backrow is correct, this is a very fast and very physical backrow. I would bet on them getting to the breakdown early and being athletic in the loose; but will they be able to take Englands power game Im not sure.

However, if Wales are going to play a very fast game moving the ball away from contact to change the point of the attack with different strike runners then its a good call. If they play predictable side to side play Englands defence will eat Wales alive.

I personally expected Gatland to be a bit more conservative giving Delve a run in the Back row as well as faletau but playing lydiate and warburton alongside them to see which is better as a unit. I would have also like to see Brew on the wings so we had lots of power running back with North.

The halfbacks is a big call but I think people are going to be suprised at how good lloyd williams is.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:47 pm

I don't think people are as much worried about how good Williams is (though I imagine England will target his supposed inexperience) but rather that Hook and Henson (who looked poor defensively against the Baba's - and he was the one who lapsed in defence for those 2 tries) will have no big SH to at least slightly compensate for their (lack of) defence.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:55 pm

maybe thats why Roberts has been put in at 12, to cover that 10/12 channel. However if were in possession Henson will go to 12 Im sure.

Im also not convinced Hensons groin injury is back to where he was, I havent seen him unleash his boot in any of the games hes played in for sarries or toulon. Without thta siege gun boot hes not as powerful defensively.

I will say this tho he has made sure the hes come in as second tackler in every game hes played since his return, he may not want to get hurt but if he carries on trying to tackle like that he is going to get injured.

Even so Im glad to see him in the team and I hope he does well.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfred Wed 03 Aug 2011, 6:04 pm

FHF- You actually said 'People should be careful what they wish for" -not that 'they had got their wish' - there is a difference you know. But this is boring as you seem to write one thing and then claim to mean another. Hook is the best 10 we have whether he is playing outside Phillips, Williams or Yoda, whether its an open game or not.

deadfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 6:15 pm

15. Priestland
14. North
13. Davies
12. Roberts
11. Williams
10. Jones
9. Phillips
2. .......
3. ......
4. AWJ
5. Davies
6. Lydiate
7. Warburton
8. Faletau

Is one I've seen mentioned. She wasn't sure on the front row though. That's pretty first choice though, isn't it.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 03 Aug 2011, 6:32 pm

glamorganalun wrote:RRE;

Agreed totally with your post regarding we should pick our strongest sides with a few changes, we have a third choice 9, the back row is inexperienced with Warbs out of position, the second row is second choice, front row is second choice, Henson out of position, Priestland at full back (better at 10) other than that it is not a bad team. This is hardly the first team but it will show if we have any strength in depth, at least we won't have Jon Davies running out of the line as he did twice against the Baa Baas and giving two tries away.

glam,

Are you saying James is now first choice L/Head? I agree Mitchell would be 2nd choice to Jones but both are coming back from injury and Mitchell performed very very well before injury. Bennett - Well OK I think saying he is 2nd choice is just to nice to him 22 choice might be more apt.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 03 Aug 2011, 6:40 pm

As a scrummager I rate paul james over Gethin although a fit gethin wins it on his work in the loose for me but the two of them with mitchell and Adam make up a tidy group of props.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 03 Aug 2011, 6:47 pm

Tycroes,

My point exactly, James maybe seen as some as 1st choice currently as he is the man in possession but a fully fit and firing Jenkins would (in most eyes) be considered 2nd choice.

I suppose another way of looking at it is that if we are now condsidering Jenkins 2nd choice then he's not a bad option Smile
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Aug 2011, 7:19 pm

I went down to Cardiff this afternoon to have a look at the training session, had a great day out really enjoyed it, had a little chat with a few players who were signing lots of autographs and shaking lots of hands.

I think it gave the players a good buzz to see so many of their loyal and young fans in particular wishing them well before the World Cup...

With regards to the session it was interesting, I would say from what i saw that the starting line up was most likely to be.

James
Burns
Jones
Charteris
AW Jones
Lydiate
Warburton
Faletau
Phillips
Jones
Stoddart
Roberts
Davies
North
Priestland

Those were the combinations kept together most of today.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:07 pm

That looks like a better balanced side and most players in their correct position, I don't see any point in S Jones playing as we all know what he can and can't do, if it is a trial match put Preistland there to give him game time at this level he can't do worse except penalty kicks.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:13 pm

I think Priestlands inclusion is a clever one, he is a very talented young guy and he made a massive impact at the Scarlets this season, maturing really well.

Got to say Henson looked the most skilful player on the pitch today when it was handling and running exercises, so i hope he will be on the Bench.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:20 pm

Tell you what, shall we wait for the actual team to he announced? Gatland will want to create some waves and there will he more than enough controversy.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next