The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NZRFU desperate new tactics to improve RWC ticket sales

3 posters

Go down

NZRFU desperate new tactics to improve RWC ticket sales Empty NZRFU desperate new tactics to improve RWC ticket sales

Post by TheGreyGhost Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:57 pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10743196

"Rugby fans watching the World Cup at home could have their live coverage disrupted by a natural phenomenon related to the position of the sun."

Sniff, sniff, I smell something...

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

NZRFU desperate new tactics to improve RWC ticket sales Empty Re: NZRFU desperate new tactics to improve RWC ticket sales

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:05 pm

Slightly the same subject, I got a link on Facebook for a few pics of the Forsyth Barr stadium now that it's finished. Impressive as it is, I couldn't help but notice that in daylight the ground is so bright that anyone under a highball hoisted into the sky will lose the damn thing against the backdrop. Double trouble if said ball actually hits the roof, though they tested this and the highest kick was 29 mtrs against a roof height of 37

Still impressive though, I'm picking the Cantabs will build one similar when AMI is knocked down. If only Dorkland had the forsyte.....

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

NZRFU desperate new tactics to improve RWC ticket sales Empty Re: NZRFU desperate new tactics to improve RWC ticket sales

Post by Pal Joey Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:22 pm

I just had a look a some photos of Forsyth Barr Stadium too.

On a bright day, the roof structure casts lots of shadows on the turf - an intense grid like pattern which will be interesting to see when they play a match there. If they play late afternoon (it looks very dark in shadow) it still should be fine with the artificial lighting kicking in.

You're right about the glare factor - from the white/grey seats as well as the white/opaque roof which is made of some type of plastic film apparently.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:40 pm

I have a feeling it will be known as either the 'greenhouse of pain' or 'hothouse of pain', to continue the theme from Carisbrook

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down