The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal vs Udinese

3 posters

Go down

Arsenal vs Udinese Empty Arsenal vs Udinese

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:52 pm

Not a terrible draw - would have preferred someone a bit easier so we could def rest a few first teamers and still be confident of going through. I think with Udinese we'll have to play mostly a first team to ensure there's no upset. Just hope we build up a good lead in the 1st leg so we can rest players for the 2nd.

(also hope we sign a few players b4 the game but that's another story...)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Udinese Empty Re: Arsenal vs Udinese

Post by Crimey Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:10 pm

Yeah, this is obviously not the easiest of draws, but Udinese have lost their best player Sanchez. You should go through, but will have to be careful that you don't underestimate them.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:27 pm

Not to mention they've lost Inler and Zapata as well- three key players down. But I suppose if Arsenal lose both Fabregas and Nasri they'll know how they feel Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:52 pm

This one should be over by the time the second leg comes around. Udinese are probably around Fulham's level. Good draw.

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sat 06 Aug 2011, 1:00 am

Of course that's pure speculation.. you have no real idea how good Udinese really are if your honest. If this was last seasons Udinese i think they would have a real chance, as it is now they better hope they can get some replacements in. Inler will be a huge loss.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 1:21 am

monty junior wrote:Of course that's pure speculation.. you have no real idea how good Udinese really are if your honest. If this was last seasons Udinese i think they would have a real chance, as it is now they better hope they can get some replacements in. Inler will be a huge loss.

Last seasons Udinese finished 16 points behind an AC Milan team that failed to score one goal over two legs against Spurs who finished 6 points behind the worst Arsenal side in over a decade. This should be a gimme for Gooners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 06 Aug 2011, 11:28 am

FreekShow wrote:
monty junior wrote:Of course that's pure speculation.. you have no real idea how good Udinese really are if your honest. If this was last seasons Udinese i think they would have a real chance, as it is now they better hope they can get some replacements in. Inler will be a huge loss.

Last seasons Udinese finished 16 points behind an AC Milan team that failed to score one goal over two legs against Spurs who finished 6 points behind the worst Arsenal side in over a decade. This should be a gimme for Gooners.

It's always risky making comparisons like that though because you could claim that because Birmingham beat Arsenal in the Carling Cup final they are better than Barcelona because Barca lost to Arsenal in the Champs League.

I think Arsenal might go into the game expecting an easy win and be surprised.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down