The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

+7
Steven_Sharks
stnick88
SirJohnnyEnglish
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
Sgt_Pooly
Driver
11 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 11 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Mon 08 Aug 2011, 4:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 11 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership Season 4

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 11 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LV Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases

Waiting List
1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 11 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:01 pm

I
Dont think he would get in englands side at all. He does not really have a position. Not good enough carrying for a bs. Not dynamic enough for 7 and lacks size for 8. Decent player but think nz lack depth in backrow as they do at 10. Slade will not want to watch replays. Personally I think slade is a
Tidy player but if carter is
Injured nz would not win wc with slade

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 11 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:06 pm

Always been the case though Matt, hard to replace the WC players and Henry often leaves it too late to blood the talent. I think Slade is top draw, esp behind a good pack....Carter class? No, but who is?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:06 pm

fantastic start from Ireland anyway! Sexton and SOB starting off very well! Need a better scrum half then TOL though. Service isnt fantastic and doesnt really go with Sexton

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:09 pm

With the way England go in the back row Thomson would get in ahead of Moody and Wood for the 7 shirt Whistle

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:15 pm

SOB has got to be the form BS in world rugby at the minute, boys electric

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:17 pm

Mat - think you are spot on their with comments on Slade and Thomson - both good players but nothing more really. The only way NZ wont win the WC is if Carter or McCaw get injured.

No way Thomson would get ahead of Moody, not sure about Wood either now as he brings so much to the England lineout. Think Moody is really underated for England, if only he could last a full game these days...

France looking really good - just finished first half. Pete - Parra has come on a lot from last time I saw him. Think France could be one of the teams that could beat NZ - though still think England can beat them!

What team will Johnson pick next week?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:22 pm

Also what do people think of Tomassi Benvenuti? I really rate him, think he scored Scotlands try versus Italy just now - and want to start playing him but not sure if anyone here has really watched him much?

He scored a lot of tries in HC last year, but just seeing if I'd get marked down with him

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:23 pm

"Slade and Thomson - both good players but nothing more really"

Slade is 23 and has 5 caps Chris. He's playing behind a beaten pack in SA for his second start, even Carter didn't start off amazing.

He's got a great left/right boot, good step and running game, plus a good pass. He might not be currently at Carters level but he's a fine young player. Just needs time in the jersey.

Benvenuti looks a decent player and a promising talent. Could do with a move to France to progress.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:25 pm

SOB can even kick!! Very Happy

Thomson offers a better link then both Wood and Moody. Better at the break down then both as well. Hes a decent lineout jumper too. WIll admit WOod stronger there then him but with Croft at 6 does it matter. Wood a slightly better carrier then Thomson but not by much. Apart from his tackling what does Moody offer England these days? Not a strong carryier, no breakdwon expertise and not much of a link. Overall Thomson would be a better option for me

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:27 pm

Some back play from the french!!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:29 pm

Don't know Pooly, think Carter was always special - sure he was 23 when he destroyed the Lions for NZ. He's a special player and for me will go down as the best ever no10.

Slade's a good player, but can see the same thing happening to him as what has happened to every NZ 10 trying to play for the AB's - Dan Carter.

If I was Henry I'd bite my pride and select Nick Evans - best no10 at Carter that NZ have and then believe there is quite a drop.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:32 pm

SJE - watch the England v Wales game at Twickenham again and watch when Warburton starts playing well - its as soon as Moody goes off injured. Think people seriously underrate what he brings to the England team - he may not be the most skillful, but he is inspiration to the team and I think puts a lot of players off their game.

Earls has gone backwards recently - not sure I really rate him anymore

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:34 pm

They're looking very tasty. Must admit I'd take Thompson over Moody and Wood. Not over Croft although they have similar games Croft is better.

Early days for Slade mate but Henry seems to think a lot of him. He was on the back foot a fair bit today and done pretty well. Made a few howlers mind (charge down and forward pass) but set up a try and could have set up a few more in a different game.

It's still only his 2nd start since 4 months out injured.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:41 pm

Earls had a cracking 6 nations on the wing been quiet in these warm up games though. Doesnt help that he has been shifted about all over the place though. Can't see how 2 or 3 quiet games stop you rating a player

Picamoles is really playing himself into this game! Parra playing himself into form at scrumhalf so Pete will be happy!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:42 pm

I dont think its a case on henrys pride, i thought it was decided by the nzru about the players playing abroad things

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:44 pm

Barcella is back.....and smashing Ross!!!!! Wahooooo!!!!

Game aside, I love watching big Barcella. Get Servat back and Mas/Servat/Barcella is just plain scary!

Parra is quality

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:51 pm

What the hell was that TOL?? Fecking donkey!!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:51 pm

58-3 to the Chiefs good game, mad how much of a gap there is after 1 season between these 2!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:52 pm

Hopefully Healy is alright! Ireland need him to be able to hold their own ground at the scrum!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:52 pm

Think estabanez has been good mas has owned Healy as per usual. Can't wait
For ferris to come on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:55 pm

Courts doing quite well Matt. Barcella's smashing of Ross was limited to 2 scrums lol

Ferris looks quite tanned, must be after a move to the Ospreys

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:58 pm

Looking alot lot better with Reddan at scrumhalf!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:11 pm

Great to have Ferris back. 6. Ferris 7. SOB 8. Heaslip for the world cup. Some sight that would be Whistle

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:12 pm

Best bit of play from Fitzy for about 12 months!!!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:14 pm

Sickened for Feix Jones. He has been fantastci all year for Munster and one of the best performers in these warm ups. Hopefully hes not out of the world cup with that

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:16 pm

Fitzgerald Shocked

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:21 pm

Anyone pm me the score please!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:22 pm

Great finish SOB, Fitzy looking pretty good since he came on, looks like he's had a kick up the hoop!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:22 pm

Think sob was anonymous today. A few carries first half and nowt else. He drifts
Out of games for long periods. I think impact sub is best for him. I am not sure he is fit enough. Think that can be the only reason he drifts out of games. Ferris looks sharp. Thought he would have been rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:24 pm

Though SOB was quality Matt, was everywhere. You really don't like him do you lol. Form BS in world imo

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:29 pm

From what I saw (flicking between a few things) SOB was great with ball in hand as per usual.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:30 pm

You two just like to blydi argue don't you!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:33 pm

Dont know what game you were watching Matt SOB was fantastic ball in hand all game. What killed Ireland was stupid play from TOL and lack of intensity at the breakdown from 20 mins to about 60 mins. In the first and last 20 mins Ireland really got on top of France at the breakdown

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:35 pm

Your right pooly i think he is brainless. Whilst typing that he just scored lol. Just think he does not do much work and stands out of everything. Phenomenal carrier but think he would be a world class impact sub

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:38 pm

Sje he is always great ball in hand but anonymous when on back foot. You want your blindside to dig in when it gets tight. Juan smith, kaino etc thrive when their team is under the cosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:41 pm

I honestly thought he'd be your type of player. You love your carrying backrowers (AJ, Alberts, Burger) and though SOB would be right up your street.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:42 pm

Just cant agree with that Matt. Hes obviously fantastic ball in hand but is always one of the top tacklers nicks a few turnovers and links play. He was one of Irelands best performers today. What more do you expect from a blindside?

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:50 pm

Just dont see it jOhnny. Alberts burger etc are real workers. Like my blindsides to do work at the breakdown. To be fair backrow needs balance and you can play a sob with the right balance and he would thrive. Think the Irish backrow are all good players but don't think the balance is right

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 20 Aug 2011, 8:00 pm

Em wasnt SOB in the top 3 for turnovers this year in the Heino so he does more work there then most of the NH. Does more work then Alberts for me

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 8:24 pm

Bok ratings....

http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/trinat/news/2774044.htm

Brussow motm and 10/10!!!! Safe to say Heinrich is back!!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 8:29 pm

He was sensational today. That was one hell
Of a performance. I thought he might struggle with the change in laws but he was mustard. The turnover under the posts
Was as good as it gets

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 8:33 pm

He looked a little like Shrek at the end though, took a serious beating up

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:32 pm

Brussow, BDP and Jaque Fourie excellent for the Boks today. what impressed me with Brussow was the way he picked his moments, and everything he did had a positive effect for his team, reminded me of McCaw.

Bismarck has to be starting hooker now. Smit is an all time legend for me, but now BDP is just streets ahead of him, they guy does everything. Strong in the set piece, tackles, carries, hits rucks, wins turnovers, he would be starting hooker for every other team in the world. P Divvy if properly mental if he doesn't start him.

Haven't seen the French game, seen peoples comments that Parra played well which is good. How did FTD go? saw he came of the bench and scored a try and drop goal, just wondering how he played overall?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:35 pm

He played well Pete as did most of French. They look very well oiled

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:37 pm

Funny old team France, with the players they have they really should be seriously challenging the 3N's teams for the 1-3 spots in teh World rankings, but they just go to pieces at crucial moments.

If they have someone in charge who could sort that out, they would be up there with the AB's for sure.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:44 pm

They were quietly effective today, nothing too special but they had 25 points on the board in no time. Rougerie played well for first game back. Score flatters Ireland, they got 14 in last 10mins or so with France easing off.

Barcella got a good workout, he was blowing out his hoop after 30 mins.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:47 pm

Ftd was excellent really physical and very intelligent performance.estebez was good as was parra. Rougerie gave bod a tough game

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:50 pm

Did Rougerie play 13? I know when he was playing wing for France people on here were saying he would struggle at 13, but he's played most of his rugby for ASM there?

Barcella is quality Pooly, no question whatsoever, just needs to show he can cope with the rigours of top level propping. So many injuries in the last 2 years for him, got to be a long term worry.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:58 pm

He blitzed Ross when he first came on but kinda settled after that, first game in a year at Int is some tough going. Seen similar with Sternkamp who had a good 40 today too.

Rougerie played very well considering first game back, he's kinda made 13 his own. Can't remember last time I seen him on wing

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:03 pm

Amazed that some of these players are
Using internationals to get there match fitness. On lot of the sa websites there is talk that beast and steenkamp are doing 40 minutes each per
Match. Not a bad idea.

Steenkamp took afoa to the cleaners. Jdp was good today pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next