The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pope>Kofi

+4
Dx Dan.
JoshSansom
User Name
HitmanOwl
8 posters

Go down

Pope>Kofi Empty Pope>Kofi

Post by HitmanOwl Mon 08 Aug 2011, 11:42 pm

Discuss.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Pope>Kofi Empty Re: Pope>Kofi

Post by User Name Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:51 am

Naw

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:15 am

I would say that Kofi is better in the ring (though Pope is no mug) but Pope is much better on the mic and could go much further if in the right organisation and with the right gimmick.

Kofi's position as a merchandise seller means that he will probably have the more successful career though.

As Elijah Burke there was a chance for Pope in WWE but it didn't work out - not sure if he will go back or if he will get a decent opportunity if he did.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:19 am

Care to give an explanation why you think this?
Agree with Josh, Pope is much better on the stick.
But Kofi is a bigger star, and has been a lot more successful.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:00 am

The pope has fallen from grace big time recently. Toward the back end of last year and early part of this year his popularity grew and grew. At one point it looked like he was so over that he would become tna champion.

He is being mis-used currently but if he went back to the wwe,he should be given a green light push.

He has the Mic skills,look,charisma,in-ring ability,can play face or heel perfectly. I could see him being at least a upper midcarder in the wwe. I think kofi is similar but I think pope edges it.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:24 am

I agree HitmanOwl, if we are talking who has more potential and an overall 'package', I'd back Pope over Kofi.

Kofi strikes me as a solid midcarder who will always be thereabouts, but seems unable to get that little push over the line. Pope I think could make it to the top believably.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

I'm not even sure why you would compare these two apparently random wrestlers except for the fact they are both black?!

Ideas for similar threads:
Who's best out of Heath Slater and Sheamus?
Who's best out of The Great Khali and Sonjay Dutt?
Who's best out of Goldberg and Colt Cabana?
Who's best out of Pat Patterson and Chris Kanyon? (part of a wider debate, "who betta dan Kanyon?")

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:40 am

You forgot Taka Michinoku and Yokozuna, Crips.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:48 am

Not to be blunt or anything but I don't know how anyone can be over in TNA simply because they turn heel or face weekly and the crowd hardly reacts to anyone even Hogan or Flair.

On topic though, I think Kofi has and will be more successful which has already been said but I do however think that Pope is very talented and could go far.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:07 am

Holymiky wrote:Not to be blunt or anything but I don't know how anyone can be over in TNA simply because they turn heel or face weekly and the crowd hardly reacts to anyone even Hogan or Flair.

Bang on. How can the fans invest in anyone when every single person on the roster is so inconsistent in character?

On a similar note, how can the fans invest in the storylines when TNA doesn't actually explain what the storylines are?! Why should I care about the Devon-Pope angle when I don't know which of them is in the wrong? If they have a match and nobody knows who to cheer and who to boo, the fans won't cheer or boo anyone!

Potential TNA Hard Justice Spoiler
Spoiler:

Last edited by Enforcer on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Spoiler tags)

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:15 pm

I can't imagine tna to be around much longer,its hard to follow the majority of the time. It's a shame because they have a very talented roster. The pope has gone invented himself ss getting over and tna dropped the ball with him.

Why would you want kofi who will be midcard all his life when you can have a guy who's potential is unlimited?

I'm comparing them both because of the current spots in each company,both are just floundering around.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:23 pm

I think Kofi deserves a better push. I'm not really sure what he ever did wrong first time round. I'm not sure I see him as a world title contender but he could definitely be a guy who main events on TV if things were booked right.

I was quite impressed with Pope in his WWE run but I think his career has badly gone off the rails in TNA. I think TNA really needs to look at promos (amongst other things!). It seems TNA wrestlers get more free reign on the mic and I think the likes of Pope and Anderson have proved beyond doubt that it's not always a good thing!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:27 pm

In fact, I think there are more similarities between Pope and Anderson. Both were considered underutilised in WWE, and seen as good talkers and decent workers who could potentially main event in TNA.

Both have proved in TNA that they can't make the step up from decent to good in the ring, and that they are badly in need of editing on the mic.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

The thing is kofi ain't believable as a wwe champ,I can't buy into him. He never looks focused,he needs to be more serious. A slight change in direction with his character would do wonders.

He needs to stand out more because to me anybody could be a kofi Kingston. Boom,boom,boom I now going to wrestle for the wwe title,how can anyone buy that?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:19 pm

Although it may not always be a bad thing seemingly to me at least ex WWE wrestlers within TNA most of them think they are the best thing since sliced bread so to speak. It's like when they join TNA they automatically discover a hatred for WWE. It irritates me lol.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:53 pm

I think thet Pope is one of the most over rated Wrestlers going, I don't think he is particular good in the ring and while he can talk, he doesn't say enough to keep me hooked, Kofi with a more serious gimmick or just attitude covld main event, people talk about Morrison taking Jeff Hardy's spot but I think Kofi would be better suited for that role

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down