The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kofi Kingston

+10
Dolphin Ziggler
JJJohnson
VDT
Liam
Adam D
Kay Fabe
Mr H
Hero
Crimey
Korankye88
14 posters

Go down

Kofi Kingston Empty Kofi Kingston

Post by Korankye88 Thu 21 Mar - 13:34

Ive been reading on a couple of dirtsheets that there are rumours of Kofi turning heel

Personally I think he needs this, his character has become really stale and he's kinda in limbo at the moment.

2ndly do we think he could actually pull this off? hes been a babyface since his debut and apart from dropping the stupid jamaican accent he asnt really changed his character

over to you
Korankye88
Korankye88

http://www.korankye-entertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Kofi Kingston Empty Re: Kofi Kingston

Post by Crimey Thu 21 Mar - 13:38

I don't think they need to, his whole wrestling style depends on him being a face and as a heel I just can't see him working.

The character has gone stale, not because he's a face but because WWE never do anything with him. He's never going to be a huge star, and that's fine, but in certain storylines, with Orton for example, he managed to add a little intensity to his character.

It's hard for any face or heel to not go stale if they're never given storylines.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 21 Mar - 13:41

Crimey has it nailed, it's not that he needs to turn heel but more so that he just needs something to do.

If a wrestler turns heel in a forest and there's no-one watching, does he turn heel?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 21 Mar - 13:45

He'll basically be Cool Runnings with attitude.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Mar - 13:46

What decent midcard face will there be for him to feud with? Miz? That's about it, as a face maybe R-Truth, he could have Cesaro, Barrett, Henry, Swagger, Rhodes, Sandow or even Fandango if he ever Wrestles

Giving him something interesting to do will be more beneficial than turning him heel for the sake of it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 21 Mar - 13:56

Hero wrote:

If a wrestler turns heel in a forest and there's no-one watching, does he turn heel?

that genuinely made me lol!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 21 Mar - 14:04

Just wouldn't work as a heel for me and there's plenty of heels in the mid card so no need. Just needs to feuding for the mid card belts and allowed to put on an exciting match as he very much doesn't Every time.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 21 Mar - 14:17

They could team him with JTG, proper Gangsta Heel Tag Team!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 21 Mar - 14:20

VDT wrote:They could team him with JTG, proper Gangsta Heel Tag Team!!!

Thats a great idea, they could call them Cryme Tyme.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 21 Mar - 14:22

I don't want Kofi to turn heel, I want him to be given some decent feuds to work with and I think he will do fine.

I genuinely like Kofi, one of the few faces I actually enjoy watching in action, and think he could easily be pushed as a contender on Smackdown for the WHC if he was correctly booked.

His feud with Orton should have been the springboard to better things, he was electric at the time.

Turning him heel will just lose him in the mix.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 21 Mar - 15:19

Mr H wrote:
VDT wrote:They could team him with JTG, proper Gangsta Heel Tag Team!!!

Thats a great idea, they could call them Cryme Tyme.

Bravo good sir, that got quite the chuckle from me!

Whats the point turning him heel? So he can barely wrestle people but snarl when he does? To be fair to Kofi every time he gets a good tag partner they end up smoking weed or injuring themselves.

They should have him in a feud with another high flyer and have it culminate in the unveiling of a cruiserweight title.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 21 Mar - 16:48

A heel turn for Kofi, would simply work very well, a bit like the R Truth heel turn, Or it will fail drastically.

I personally like Kofi, always puts on a good show in the ring, esspicaly in the chamber and ladder matches. I can see why people think he is boring, but he just needs that big feud again IMO, like the one against Orton back in 09.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 22 Mar - 9:27

The best way to turn Kofi heel is to give him the resurrected Kerwin White gimmick. Dolph Ziggler could be his caddy.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 22 Mar - 10:00

I think I mentioned this on a podcast recently that I thought that the Kerwin White gimmick was about the only time I have liked Chavo.

Thought it was a great gimmick.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 22 Mar - 10:38

Adam D wrote:I think I mentioned this on a podcast recently that I thought that the Kerwin White gimmick was about the only time I have liked Chavo.

Thought it was a great gimmick.

You LIKED Chavo? Shocked

Gawd help us!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 22 Mar - 11:37

It was the only time mind you. And he was technically Kerwin at that time.

I really did enjoy the gimmick! But he has never been anyone thats interested me since.

Having said that, he is a guy thats needed in wrestling. A guy who is a gatekeeper. A zach Ryder if you will. Now if only TNA would use him in that way.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 22 Mar - 11:41

Adam D wrote:It was the only time mind you. And he was technically Kerwin at that time.

I really did enjoy the gimmick! But he has never been anyone thats interested me since.

Having said that, he is a guy thats needed in wrestling. A guy who is a gatekeeper. A zach Ryder if you will. Now if only TNA would use him in that way.

If Chavo is a gatekeeper does that make Hernandez the keymaster?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 22 Mar - 11:41

Surely you liked Chavo when he was tagging with Eddie in Los Guerreros?! Possibly my favourite tag team!
To keep it on topic, Kofi is a borefest for me and I could never imagine him being able to pull off a heel character. The only time I like him is when he is a spot monkey in a ladder match or something.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat 23 Mar - 2:23

I really like Kofi and I think he's been really badly underutilised for the past few years.

He's one of the few babyfaces who people seem to naturally like and want to cheer for.

I just want them to do something with him that fleshes out his character and makes him seem relevant. If that's a heel turn, so be it, but I think they'd be better off taking advantage of his natural charisma, athleticism and likeability by pushing him as a featured babyface act. Not necessarily as a main eventer, but as an upper midcarder in meaningful feuds.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 23 Mar - 2:59

I like Kofi too, I think he has the potential to be another Jeff Hardy if the WWE just properly get behind him, with his move-set he has that's sometimes reckless, he also has that natural flamboyance too.

I think he'd be a great underdog face if they actually let it be shown that he can beat the big dogs from time to time, his style can be his worst enemy or his greatest assest, they just don't bother tho

I'd much rather they let R-Truth go heel again, that guy was just awesome back in 2011

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down