The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryan Giggs signs new Manchester United contract

Go down

Ryan Giggs signs new Manchester United contract  Empty Ryan Giggs signs new Manchester United contract

Post by ADMIN Fri 18 Feb 2011, 10:09 pm

Veteran Welsh winger Ryan Giggs has signed a one-year contract extension at Manchester United.

It means the 37-year-old will take his time at Old Trafford into a remarkable 21st year, having made his club debut as a substitute on 2 March, 1991.

And having already played 24 times for United this season, Giggs says he still has much to contribute to the team.

"It is great to know I'm contributing to the team's success. I feel I've still got a lot to offer," he said.

"All I've ever wanted to do is play for United and I've been lucky enough to do that for 20 years.

"This is an exciting time to be involved with so many good young players coming through."

Giggs has made more than 850 appearances for the club and recently played his 600th Premier League game.

"You run out of words to describe Ryan Giggs," said Sir Alex Ferguson.

"He is a marvellous player and a wonderful man.

"To have the desire and the ability to play at the top level in such a physically demanding position at his age requires a special person.

"He is still turning in man-of-the-match performances and his experience is so vital for the younger players in the squad."

Giggs' incredible haul of 32 winners' medals includes 11 Premier League and two Champions League titles.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down