The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

villeneuve says kimi was lucky and didnt deserve to win title

+5
Alessandro Ciambella
We Are Number 1!!!
monty junior
Critical_mass
Fernando
9 posters

Go down

villeneuve says kimi was lucky and didnt deserve to win title  Empty villeneuve says kimi was lucky and didnt deserve to win title

Post by Fernando Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:21 pm

Kimi Raikkonen did not deserve the title he won in 2007 and he only secured it because he was lucky, according to former world champion Jacques Villeneuve.

Raikkonen took the 2007 title for Ferrari against all odds, after overcoming a 17-point gap in the final two races of the season.

Villeneuve believes Raikkonen's team-mate Felipe Massa deserved the title more.

"If Kimi won the championship, he did it by luck, because he didn't deserve it," Villeneuve told Brazilian website TotalRace after the Canadian competed in the stock car race at Interlagos during the weekend.

"Felipe deserved it a lot more. He was always more capable than Kimi and it was easy to beat him."

The 1997 world champion says he does not understand criticism aimed at Massa for his performances this year, the Brazilian having been overshadowed by team-mate Fernando Alonso.

Villeneuve reckons Massa is performing strongly at the Italian squad.

"The problem is that Alonso arrived and, quickly, became powerful inside Ferrari," he added. "When it happens, it creates an energy that people put inside you, in this case, in Alonso. It seems that, if the car wins, it will be with him. It creates a difficult situation for the other driver, who has a double task.

"That's what Felipe has to do. He has the speed. He is capable of driving strongly, working in the car. I don't have any doubt about that.

"But he needs to do even more, because it's Alonso's team, which is normal, given that he is a double world champion. That's the logic. If your team-mate is a double world champion, it's normal that the team will focus on him.

"He [Massa] has won races and almost a championship, maybe two. He's a great driver. Right now he is driving strongly for Ferrari. I don't get people who criticize him."

source: autosport

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

villeneuve says kimi was lucky and didnt deserve to win title  Empty Re: villeneuve says kimi was lucky and didnt deserve to win title

Post by Critical_mass Fri 12 Aug 2011, 1:22 pm

what a load of balls. Kimi is a better driver then Massa imo. Villeneuve doesnt give reasons why he thinks Kimi didnt deserve the title and why massa does. Kimi obviously performed well to keep himself in with a chance. It was only due to hiccups from the likes of hamilton and massa that gave him the title. Which could be seen as luck, but you have to be there to take that advantage.

IMO Massa will never with the WDC now, even if he moved to another team that was on par with mclaren, RB and ferrari. I dont think he has what it takes to fend off the likes of Hamilton, vettel, Alonso or even button nor webber. For me he's at the back of that list.

I agree that massa has easily been forced into a supporting role within Ferrari, on behalf of Alonso. But he's allowed himself to be put into that position.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

villeneuve says kimi was lucky and didnt deserve to win title  Empty Re: villeneuve says kimi was lucky and didnt deserve to win title

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:31 pm

load of crap from jacques. kimi and hamilton n kubica are the most exciting and fastest drivers in f1 ive seen over the last decade, there the reason i watch f1. to say massa is a superior driver ova kimi is embasrrasing. F1 is full of average, non risk taking drivers who complain when someone like hamilton actually wants to race. They even get scared when it rains and cry ova their radios. Kimi needs to take that red bull seat from webber next sseason to actually spice the title up. Kimi, vettel, hamilton, alonso with a returning kubica would be epic.

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sat 13 Aug 2011, 11:13 am

He's just trying to big up Massa to make himself seem better as he was teamates with him at Sauber in 2005. I really dont see how he can't understand why Massa's getting cristism otherwise. Alonso can be half a second to a second quicker in qualifying and their often running at completely different ends of the track by the end of the race.

Kimi was a bit lucky for sure in 2007, but he did have a great second half of the season after a dreadful first half. I can think of far far less deserving drivers of a world championship.. ie Villeneuve himself.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Aug 2011, 3:19 pm

i.e button (you cant look much further than that)

Back to top Go down

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Sat 13 Aug 2011, 9:34 pm

Sour grapes by Villeneuve. When he won his title in 1997, he had the best car, does that mean he was lucky? Kimi was twice a runner up before he became WDC. Lucky? I think not.

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:25 pm

Would love to see Kimi back in F1.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 3:35 pm

kimi/vettel - red bull
hamilton/button - mclaren
alonso/kubica - ferrari

tht is the dream! f1 needs this line up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 15 Aug 2011, 3:43 pm

John wrote:kimi/vettel - red bull
hamilton/button - mclaren
alonso/kubica - ferrari

tht is the dream! f1 needs this line up!

that's all it is aswell cos kimi is past it now, he's out of shape and will be rusty and he has no motivation to be in f1

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 4:00 pm

how can you say kimi is passed it? let me guess your a button fan. Another viewer who would rather watch the average, conservative, mind-numbingly boring and non-aggressive drivers that litter f1 currently or would you rather actually watch a driver, sorry a racer, who is flat out taking risks and making the sport enjoyable and entertaining. Kimi was sheer class in f1 and in my opinion him and hamilton have been the fastest of the recent generation. People who say kimi was boring and dislike him cos of his interviews etc need their head examining. going for ice creams and sunbathing during races or talking to brundle saying he just gone and done a sh*t was classic comedy from kimi. god i miss him along with kubica, actual racers, unlike the bores we are left with today bar hamilton

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Mon 15 Aug 2011, 4:03 pm

Firstly:

Kimi was magnificent in the last 2 races of the 2007 when he managed to keep his Ice Cool composure to secure a WDC whilst Hamilton managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 17 point deficit in 2 races is the stuff of great champions. Kimi was a great. Luck does not come into it. He just asked the right questions and applied pressure at the right time.

Secondly:

Whats your problem Villeneuve? Alonso arrived at Ferrari and proved instantly to the Monza faithful and Ferrari members that he was quicker than Massa. So much quicker they reminded him over a radio transmission. Massa is quick. Alonso is quicker and better! The team belongs to Alonso because he is the best driver.

Villeneuve. Get a grip.

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 15 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm

No ones denying that Alonso is better then Massa, i think its clear. BUT what has aided that is Massa being forced into a supporting role.

Kimi was quick, i wouldnt say he was past it, however i agree that he doesnt have the passion nor motivation to be in F1. Which is a real shame. He's not doing brilliantly at Rally either.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 15 Aug 2011, 4:07 pm

John wrote:how can you say kimi is passed it? let me guess your a button fan. Another viewer who would rather watch the average, conservative, mind-numbingly boring and non-aggressive drivers that litter f1 currently or would you rather actually watch a driver, sorry a racer, who is flat out taking risks and making the sport enjoyable and entertaining. Kimi was sheer class in f1 and in my opinion him and hamilton have been the fastest of the recent generation. People who say kimi was boring and dislike him cos of his interviews etc need their head examining. going for ice creams and sunbathing during races or talking to brundle saying he just gone and done a sh*t was classic comedy from kimi. god i miss him along with kubica, actual racers, unlike the bores we are left with today bar hamilton

Why you always assume people are button fans cos they don't agree with you?

Kimi was being trounced by felipe before his crash and now he is too out of shape and rusty to be an f1 driver , he admitted he had no interest in the sport anymore and left. yeah he was entertaining but you can't go on what his done in the past that's like saying sir jackie stewart should make a comeback.

also for the record im a Kubica fan OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Mon 15 Aug 2011, 8:56 pm

fernando wrote:
John wrote:how can you say kimi is passed it? let me guess your a button fan. Another viewer who would rather watch the average, conservative, mind-numbingly boring and non-aggressive drivers that litter f1 currently or would you rather actually watch a driver, sorry a racer, who is flat out taking risks and making the sport enjoyable and entertaining. Kimi was sheer class in f1 and in my opinion him and hamilton have been the fastest of the recent generation. People who say kimi was boring and dislike him cos of his interviews etc need their head examining. going for ice creams and sunbathing during races or talking to brundle saying he just gone and done a sh*t was classic comedy from kimi. god i miss him along with kubica, actual racers, unlike the bores we are left with today bar hamilton

Why you always assume people are button fans cos they don't agree with you?

Kimi was being trounced by felipe before his crash and now he is too out of shape and rusty to be an f1 driver , he admitted he had no interest in the sport anymore and left. yeah he was entertaining but you can't go on what his done in the past that's like saying sir jackie stewart should make a comeback.

also for the record im a Kubica fan OK
In the 2008 season, IIRC Kimi was leading the WDC after 4-5 races, but mechanical issues ruined his hopes of retaining his title and his motivation soon dimmed. I was pretty gutted as I love watching the Ice Man

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 16 Aug 2011, 11:53 am

I actually thought Kimi was great in 2009, especially in the second half of the season he had alot of podiums. But to be fair in 2008, Massa was juat much better, especially in qualifying.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:29 pm

Definitely unwarranted from JV.

Kimi had been in decent, if erratic, form throughout the season, winning 7 races that season, including the final 2, as well as 6 podium finishes.

You could say he had some luck in the final 2 races, as Hamilton retired in China and Alonso was demoted from pole in Brazil, eventually finishing 3rd.

Given that he won with 110 points and Hamilton and Alonso both finished with 109, those incidents definitely worked in his favour, but he did everything that could be expected of him by winning both those races.

Nothing lucky about it, overall. Thats just how motor racing goes.

Using that logic, you could say Hamilton was lucky the following year, when Timo Glock slowed down so much on the final lap in Brazil, allowing Lewis to get past and get the 5th place he needed for the title.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:08 pm

"Using that logic, you could say Hamilton was lucky the following year, when Timo Glock slowed down so much on the final lap in Brazil, allowing Lewis to get past and get the 5th place he needed for the title"

Would you call that luck though, if Glock had come in he'd have been behind Lewis and whoever else he overtook by staying out. If he'd had stayed out, which he did, he would have struggled as we saw he did.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Wed 17 Aug 2011, 1:54 pm

Villeneuve is talking out of his pie hole. Kimi would have been a double world champion if he had a more reliable Mclaren.

Villeneuve is like Vettel, world champions simply because of their cars. Nothing special.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 17 Aug 2011, 2:27 pm

Bonjourno!

Villeneuve? Nothing special? Won a WDC due to a lack of inter-team rivalry? All very true statements. If you follow his career carefully you will notice something quite spectacular about Villeneuves career.

Runner up in the WDC in his rookie season, 1996 before acheiving the holy grail of the last race of his second season 1997. His 3rd season onwards was blamed on poor cars and never his ability where he continued to excite.

Sounds like I am talking about another driver on the grid whom I shall not name. I shall just say he is a Mclaren Driver who could be nicknamed "The Second coming of Villeneuve!!"

On a serious note, is J.V. making noises again to hype up a return to F1 with a new team? That was his aim last year. Somebody needs to put him back in his box.

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 17 Aug 2011, 3:47 pm

lol LOL LOL

Are you comparing Villeneuve to Hamitlon... come on get real. I wouldnt have said even you would go that low haha.

Different drivers on the grid when Lewis joined compared to Villeneuve. Villeneuve isnt anything special, he never was.

Get a Grip Allesandro from Stevenage, or where ever youre from - certainly not Italy.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu 18 Aug 2011, 10:05 am

Bonjourno!

The "2nd coming of Villeneuve" can only dream of the things JV achieved in his F1 career. He managed to win 7 races in his Championship season. Sure he had the best car, but so did "The second coming of Villeneuve" in 2008 and how many did he win?

Plus Frentzen in 1997 was twice the team mate that Kovi was in 2008. For JV to trounce such a talented team mate with no orders was unbelievable.

2008 saw the "2nd coming of Villeneuve" manipulate the German GP win the team order gate scandal. Probably the biggest scandal of 2008 with such a impact it had on the championship. Villeneuve would have destroyed Heikki in his prime without the need of Team Orders.

"The second coming of Villeneuve" could learn a lot from JV regarding the commercial side to F1. His ability to keep commercial intrests to a minimum and perform on the track was great. "The second coming of Villeneuve" has commercial interests everywhere and is complaining that these are proving detrimental to his on track performances. He obviously has chosen cash over career and his legacy will be one of greed.

JV has much to teach his wild child protege. The problem is that the protege thinks he knows it all already and refuses to listen to anything negative.

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 18 Aug 2011, 10:29 am

lol Keep taking the pills. You're just full of hate for LH. What has he done to you for you to get so bitter. Everyone on this site knows how much codswallop you speak, so we'll all just ignore the drivel that comes out of your a55, i mean mouth.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Thu 18 Aug 2011, 11:48 am

Just when you think Alessandro has turned the corner, he reverts to type.

Alessandro, the master manipulator and king of controversy is Alonso. Everyone knows that.

Forza drivers who in races on merit!!

Forza drivers who do not cry on the radio!!

Forza!!

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 18 Aug 2011, 1:18 pm

Forza Hamilton!

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 18 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

Belgarion of Riva wrote:Villeneuve is talking out of his pie hole.

Pie hole = mouth

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Thu 18 Aug 2011, 8:17 pm

liverbnz wrote:
Belgarion of Riva wrote:Villeneuve is talking out of his pie hole.

Pie hole = mouth

The word I wanted to use was blocked Very Happy

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:06 pm

Bonjourno!

Belgarion of Riva wrote: Alessandro, the master manipulator and king of controversy is Alonso. Everyone knows that.

“I would like to say a big sorry to all my fans. I am not a liar and I'm not a dishonest person. I'm a team player and every time I've been informed to do something, I've done it."

The "Second coming of Villeneuve", Australian GP, 2009.

Read more about this notorious master manipulator right here!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23670953-lewis-hamilton-confesses-i-was-told-to-lie-by-mclaren.do

Villeneuve would never of stooped so low. He must be so annoyed by his second coming protoge child for dragging the Highly respected 'Villeneuve' name through the dirt like this.

This is one problem Kimi "The second coming of Hunt" had.

Forza Integrity of F1!

Forza Ferrari!

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 19 Aug 2011, 1:23 pm

Hamilton was following orders and it could be said that he was a little naive.. he is still learning after all.

You clearly didnt watch F1 back in the late 90s as youd know that Villeneuve was a average driver.

Forza Hamilton!

(PS Why arent the signatures working??)

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 8:46 pm

Critical_mass wrote:Hamilton was following orders and it could be said that he was a little naive.. he is still learning after all.

You clearly didnt watch F1 back in the late 90s as youd know that Villeneuve was a average driver.

Forza Hamilton!

(PS Why arent the signatures working??)

Signatures have been disabled to help keep the site safe for work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:04 pm

Villeneuve won the Indy 500. Lewis didn't.

Villeneuve > Hamilton. Wink

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Sat 20 Aug 2011, 11:36 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:

Forza Integrity of F1!

Forza Ferrari!

Forza Alonso!

Integrity, Ferrari and Alonso used together in a post Laugh

Unbelievable

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

Critical_mass wrote:lol LOL LOL

Are you comparing Villeneuve to Hamitlon... come on get real. I wouldnt have said even you would go that low haha.

Different drivers on the grid when Lewis joined compared to Villeneuve. Villeneuve isnt anything special, he never was.

Get a Grip Allesandro from Stevenage, or where ever youre from - certainly not Italy.

I think we can safely say Alessandro Ciabatta is the Second Coming of SwamyCricketAnanda. He was quite an entertaining (rather than malicious) WUM from the old 606 forum, who would regularly make ridiculous statements and predictions. We very much enjoyed serving up his regular slices of humble pie. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:41 pm

haha ^^^ ;-)

Ciabatta lol love it.

The problem with Alex Ciabo is that his opinions are so biased, never balanced.. not even once.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down