The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Villeneuve comments

4 posters

Go down

Villeneuve comments Empty Villeneuve comments

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jul 2011, 12:17 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14027440.stm
Finally someone with a bit of sense realises what f1 has turned into! Jacques Villeneuve admits f1 is a borefest which i dont totally agree with but he has many valid points. firstly overtaking in f1 is so artificial nowadays its unreal. the quantity has sky rocketed but the quality has dropped remarkably. basically it was the casual f1 at the end of last season who watched alonso struggle to pass petrov at abu dhabi and they started moaning about f1. therefore the stupid heads of FIA decided lets bring DRS and KERS into f1 to spice things up. I saw plenty of exciting races throughout 2010 and some astonishing overtakes that the die hard f1 fans love. Watching two drivers battle for 10 laps over a position, showing there attacking and defending skills is what made f1 exciting. nowadays a driver cannot even attempt to defend due to DRS and an example was vettel in canada, he knew he had no chance of defending button off on the last DRS zone and therefore he made the mistake and again a poor overtake was done by button.

Villeneuve most valid point i thought was the fact that the stewards of today are a disgrace. they bought on ex drivers but in my opinion the stewardship this season has been appalling. drivers should not be punished with a drive thru for making a mistake they should be punished for dirty driving!. Thats why a driver who is aggressive and wants to put on a show and actually make risky moves is punished every race for racing incidents which 15 years ago were nothing. shockin! the season is over and vettel has won it, if you think not then you are severly deluded and are probably the casual fan who knows nothing about f1. Hamilton needs to replace webber in 2012 for the good of the sport long term.

Back to top Go down

Villeneuve comments Empty Re: Villeneuve comments

Post by Critical_mass Tue 05 Jul 2011, 1:34 pm

Yeah i agree they've gone from one extreme to the other. The tyres alone would have made racing exciting, i dont mind the KERS so much, but i detest the DRS.

I also agree with the comments regarding the stewards, you cant as much as touch wheels without getting a penalty for it and its always so inconsistant. Its no wonder lewis gets a fair few penalties cos he likes to have a go, same applies to Di Resta. Something needs to be done about it as drivers wont want to try and overtake and F1 WILL be boring.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 05 Jul 2011, 1:44 pm

i can explain why the stewards are giving a lot of penalties.

at the beginning of the season the drivers asked them to investigate every incident. i heard this whilst watching practice for the Canadian gp. if you investigate everything their is always going to be alot of penalties handed out.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 05 Jul 2011, 3:04 pm

I am one of the casual F1 fans that you reference, I watch maybe every other race, but I can't stand DRS either. Watching someone overtake using that is akin to watching a back marker be lapped, there is no excitement as you knew full well it would happen. The two-phase DRS tracks are even worse.

I do like KERS though as the difference isn't so noticeable and there is an element of skill and judgement as to when and where to deploy it each lap.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 05 Jul 2011, 5:36 pm

What about a rule saying you can only use DRS 10 times per race? It would be like KERS which can only be used for about 7 seconds a lap. But I agree with Villenueve but for a different reason to him. It's a boring season. Some excellent individual races but as a season it's dull.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 06 Jul 2011, 1:35 pm

i like youre thinking but id rather they get rid. better still reduce the aero then the 'following other cars' problem wont be a problem Very Happy

Why did they ask the stewards to investigate every incident. Besides even doing this doesnt mean they have to give daft penalties away for minor incidents.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down