The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samoa Joe to the wwe???

+7
Crimey
crippledtart
AberdeenSteve
Samo
Adam D
HitmanOwl
goldustismyhero
11 posters

Go down

Samoa Joe to the wwe??? Empty Samoa Joe to the wwe???

Post by goldustismyhero Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:49 am

Was reading through wrestleview when this caught my eye

http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1313086096

If he did sign do you think they'd let him go on a monster run as the samoan submission machine, really build him up as a monster then a program with punk or daniel bryan??

Personally i could see him being very big in the wwe - he is currently vastly underused in tna

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Samoa Joe to the wwe??? Empty Re: Samoa Joe to the wwe???

Post by HitmanOwl Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:43 am

Scsa said he should have a green light push!

He needs to get in shape 1st

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Aug 2011, 8:29 am

Can you really take someone who has been a glorified jobber in TNA for 12 months and turn them into a credible WWE star?

Dont get me wrong, I think he is amazing but you dont recruit the guy at the bottom of the pile and push them. (unless you are TNA of course).

If TNA could just realise how good he is, this would be moot.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 12 Aug 2011, 8:53 am

goldustismyhero wrote:

If he did sign do you think they'd let him go on a monster run as the samoan submission machine, really build him up as a monster then a program with punk or daniel bryan??

This aaand

HitmanOwl wrote:
He needs to get in shape 1st

This.

If he DOES go to the 'E, he really needs to get himself back into shape. Its almost as if this poor run with TNA has made him lose his love for the business, and since he's a TNA Mainstay he can get away with it.

If he does sign then he needs to look credible making guys submit week in week out in squash matches.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:12 am

Below are spoilers from the recent TNA tapings regarding Joe.

Spoiler:

I do agree that if he was to be signed by the 'E then he'd need to shape up but he has admitted himself that being TNA has made him complacent. He is one of the most talented guys in the ring I have watched so definitely deserves better.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:28 am

Hobo wrote:Can you really take someone who has been a glorified jobber in TNA for 12 months and turn them into a credible WWE star?

Dont get me wrong, I think he is amazing but you dont recruit the guy at the bottom of the pile and push them. (unless you are TNA of course).

If TNA could just realise how good he is, this would be moot.

It happened with CM Punk!

It's a lot easier for WWE to redefine a TNA castoff as a star than the other way round. The reason being that TNA has such a smaller audience, so to the majority of WWE viewers Joe is unknown. I also think it helps a lot that Joe has been considered underutilised in TNA for so long, just as Punk was, and just as Austin, Mysterio, Jericho, Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were in WCW; those who do know who he is would mostly be pleased to see him get a bigger push.

I think that if TNA had decided any time around 2005-08 to go all-out and push Joe as the number one guy in the company they would be in far better shape now. Of all the great talent they wasted (including Punk), I think Joe was the biggest missed opportunity.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

good point Krazy Crips!

Just to throw another name out there who I think could have gone on to be huge (and ticket the racist box as well!) was Monty Brown (or whatever his silly WWE name was).

He had the look, wasnt bad in the ring and could handle he stick well. Could have been big.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:49 am

Great point there Crips with regards to the old WCW guys that have come to the WWE and made themselves somebody's in the wrestling world when they weren't regarded as any good in their previous companies.

Do you think if the offer was made, would Joe actually sign with them? Would there not be a small amount of apprehension with regards that he is pretty much a TNA guy and he is joining a company that may bury him?

Also, great shout with Monty Brown. I enjoyed his main event push in TNA. I think his name was Marcus CorVon in ECW. He was definitely a missed opportunity. He was just a better version of Bobby Lashley.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Aug 2011, 10:14 am

I thought Monty Brown was a bit of a cross between Mark Henry, Koko B.Ware and Jazz.

Joe would obviously need to get in better shape if he went to WWE, but I don't think he'd be too worried about getting buried. After all, that's already happening to him in TNA for some time! Also, he's got friends in high places - him and Cena go back years.

I think the schedule could be his biggest concern, as his body has suffered a lot of wear and tear, but in other ways WWE could be perfect for him - their in-ring style is a lot more toned down than what he's used to, and a move could reinvigorate Joe to prove TNA wrong.

There was a time I dreaded the thought of him putting his career in the hands of Vince McMahon, but when you look at how the likes of Punk and Bryan have done it's clear that if you have the talent then you have more of a chance of making it in WWE than TNA these days.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Aug 2011, 10:24 am

Could you trust WWE not to give him a stereotypical Samoan gimmick ala Umaga? That would be my main worry for a start.

Secondly would be that WWE seem aprehensive to push those that have had long runs in TNA, for example there were rumors that Chris Harris was only brought in to humiliate him, Gail Kim was certainly not used in a very good way, you could even argue that Christian got a little bit of "punishment" by being stuck on the C brand for a year. CM Punk wasn't really close to the same level as Samoa Joe is in TNA, as Samoa Joe along with AJ is somebody people associate with TNA.

It would be a good move for WWE as long as Joe gets in shape, which he probably would, but I think there might be even less of a guarentee of him being used better in WWE than TNA.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Aug 2011, 10:36 am

Funnily enough, the gimmick of Umaga was rumoured to be originally planned for Joe!

Of course you can never trust them not to go the easy stereotypical route, but hopefully with Joe's abilities they would push him as more than a one note gimmick wrestler.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:05 pm

I would love for him to sign with the wwe but i just cant see it happening tbh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:13 pm

I can't see them bringing Joe in, especially at the moment. This isn't because he is a bit fat (though that probably doesn't help) but because his style and submission gimmick would clash with Daniel Bryan. Now they may try and run two guys with the same gimmick though I would be surprised.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 14 Aug 2011, 1:23 am

I always find it amusing when people considered Christian as punished, he was trusted with leading a brand and keeping the rating up, it allowed the E to put him on PPV every month, something guys many considered higher than him couldn't manage, Christian proved on ECW that he could be trusted, I'd have loved to have seen him on SD! in 09 but it became stacked with potential after the draft, Edge, Jericho, Umaga, Punk, J Hardy, JoMo, Taker, Rey, Benjamin

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun 14 Aug 2011, 2:03 am

Good point Gaff... also, if he was so punished I don't think that WWE would have face turned the only other main event heel on the brand that he is on.

I would say Christian is a main evener who is here to stay.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 14 Aug 2011, 2:13 am

He simply had to earn his spot again when he got back to WWE, he spent most of his last year in TNA putting people over and stuck in a lackluster tag team with Rhino, there was talk he was going to lead the originals against the MEM but that was just them trying to keep hold of him, his character didnt merit it due to the way he was used, the E had to rebuild his credibility

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Sun 14 Aug 2011, 2:27 am

joe a bit boring needs a new costume

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 14 Aug 2011, 8:23 am

I don't personally believe that Christian had been punished, but I do think there is an argument there.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 14 Aug 2011, 9:51 am

There is always an arguement, definitely, but on the whole I don't think it stands up well, some people think he should have been brought back in as a bonafid main eventer (i would have) but looking back it made more sense to genuinely re-build him mainly because he was never a main eventer in WWE and because of the way TNA used him in that final year. 2 ECW Titles and 2 WHC Titles in 2 and a half years isn't too bad, throw in a serious injury and its not to bad at all.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 14 Aug 2011, 11:06 am

As well as the fact that most people are pretty sure he was originally planned to feud with Jeff Hardy, who at the time was the most popular thing on Smackdown, on his return but because of the story getting released to the internet those plans were scrapped.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Sun 14 Aug 2011, 11:56 am

Go back to Christians re-debut.

'oh look its Christian'

The commentators didnt give a f@fk,why wasnt his return given a build?
Go back and watch his re-debut.

As for Joe,I can't get into him. When he won the tna hw title they already missed the boat as he should have won it a month or 2 earlier imo. By the time he did,I really didn't care.

He could easily make it in the e but would he be lumbered in the stereotypical samoan role?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 14 Aug 2011, 11:59 am

His return didn't need to be rebuilt because the way he returned was excellent. The man who took him out (Del Rio) was on the verge of taking out his best friend (Edge) so his shock return instantly set up a feud involving Edge, Del Rio & Christian. It played into the whole Wrestlemania and the aftermath of Wrestlemania perfectly.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 14 Aug 2011, 1:24 pm

Steve we're talking about his return to the WWE in ECW in 2009, Owl I do agree but unfortunately thats the direction the WWE want or wanted their announcers to go down at that time and a reason I lost interest in JR, he couldn't fine a common ground and became lackluster

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 14 Aug 2011, 1:28 pm

Ah sorry, I thought he was talking about his most recent re debut. My bad.

Doh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down