The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samoa Joe

+11
Statto00
rIck_dAgless
Hero
DrDeath
Dolphin Ziggler
XR
TwisT
MetalMotty
nadeem2099
Samo
Prometheus
15 posters

Go down

Samoa Joe Empty Samoa Joe

Post by Prometheus Wed 18 Feb 2015, 11:39 am

Adam D wrote:
Samo wrote:Samoa Joe has left TNA.
This most probably does deserve its own thread!

No way he goes to WWE - ROH/ New Japan IMO

Okay, let's give it its own thread.

How do you think he was being used in TNA at the end? And where does this leave the BDC?

To give some background, I've never really "got" Joe. I don't like his look and I don't think I've seen his best matches.

But, I did understand that he was one of the most recognisable (and capable) talents on the TNA roster. So, while the BDC has a high profile. I don't agree that you put one of your best workers as 2nd or 3rd stooge to MVP. I'd have used that role for someone younger and less developed.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with him going, but I'm not sure TNA was using him to his best.

I think he should join WWE as Reigns' cousin Whistle
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Samoa Joe Empty Re: Samoa Joe

Post by Samo Wed 18 Feb 2015, 11:43 am

He's a fair age now, doubt WWE would take him.

Dont think he'll go back to ROH either. He'll probably go to Japan with Styles and maybe link up in GFW when that gets going. He's a big enough name that he'll do fine in the indies for a few more years before hanging up the boots.

I think he's been misused by TNA for some time now, although from what im aware of his attitude wasnt the best either. Would have been more of a loss for TNA if he was being used in something more substantial than the BDC.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 18 Feb 2015, 11:48 am

I doubt the logic in TNA'S mind in putting Joe in the BDC if he was going to leave within a month. Hopefully they write him out properly instead of a lame ass excuse from mvp saying "Joe's out guys, he's been working as a double agent for Angle and he needed to be thought a lesson, BDC style"
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Wed 18 Feb 2015, 12:02 pm

You might be on to something with being Reigns cousin, could you use him to screw over Daniel Bryan and Lesnar at Wrestlemania so Reigns gets the win?

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 18 Feb 2015, 1:28 pm

Sounds like my WWA show. I will be expecting royalties from WWE if it happens.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 18 Feb 2015, 1:31 pm

He'll turn up as the Rapping Samoan Superstar cousin of the Uso's "Lil' Joe".

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 18 Feb 2015, 1:34 pm

If he plays Fake Sting it will be my favourite moment every possible in wrestling
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 19 Feb 2015, 3:18 am

According to the guy on Reddit (metsfan4ever?) who is spot on with all the spoilers - Triple H is interested in Samoa Joe, Vince isnt. Trips wants to give him a run in NXT and at the very least a tryout. No news on whether Joe is actually interested

I'd love to see a trained, motivated and fit Joe in WWE for a few years.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Thu 19 Feb 2015, 10:53 am

New Paul Heyman guy - make it happen!

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 19 Feb 2015, 11:12 am

Hawaiian Pete (as he'd be known in NXT) v Kevin Owens would be as JR would call it a Slobberknocker.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 19 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm

Common Cold Steve Austin

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Thu 19 Feb 2015, 1:09 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Common Cold Steve Austin
Doh Laugh

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Thu 19 Feb 2015, 1:28 pm

Fail

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:14 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:According to the guy on Reddit (metsfan4ever?) who is spot on with all the spoilers - Triple H is interested in Samoa Joe, Vince isnt. Trips wants to give him a run in NXT and at the very least a tryout. No news on whether Joe is actually interested

I'd love to see a trained, motivated and fit Joe in WWE for a few years.

I'd have to agree with HHH and you. If, Joe passed the WWE fitness I'd love to see him in NXT, a match between him and Owens would have my interest already.

I'm not sure why there are so many reports that Joe is through with wrestling. I think he pretty much took the last couple of years off, building up his real estate and taking his TNA salary. It isn't that TNA don't want him, its that TNA can no longer pay the salary he was on. So they agree to split. And if Joe is fit and motivated, who'd not want him.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:41 am

Well Steve Austin has weighed in on the Samoa Joe saying on twitter "I think @WWE should pick him up. Helluva hand" Now Austin has been a big fan of Joe for a while and was pushing him to Go to WWE around 4-5 years ago.

Would love to see Joe v Daniel Bryan in WWE, even Rollins, Ambrose, Cesaro and so on

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:14 pm

Exciting news (I've not been about much) if Joe fancies himself a run as a free agent then the wrestling scene outside WWE has probably never been more fertile, ROH, PWG, probably countless other US indys, Lucha Underground and probably all the top Japanese offices would be queuing up to take a look at him, and if anything close to the 04-07 Joe that tore through the scene shows up then he could have a run similar to or even eclipsing AJ Styles' 2014.

Alternatively he could go to WWE, it's probably never been more possible, but selfishly I'd rather he took the free agent route as (NXT aside) I see it as a more creatively fertile place to utilise a man of Joe's talents.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by kamikaze Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:32 pm

The Samoan sex machine! The man of 1000 positions

kamikaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 20 Feb 2015, 10:52 pm

It'd be good if he did a short term, and by that 3-4 years in WWE, before going off to the free agent route and getting to be a WWE guy for a while and then have his shot at creative license too

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:35 pm

I'm not sure if a WWE run enhances Joe's star power much more than it already is, perhaps among local draw the casuals promotions but I doubt there is anyone paying for Supercard of Honour or the G1 Climax that doesn't already know who Joe is and why he's a big deal, I think Joe will seriously consider the free agent route as for the first time in as long as I can remember there's real money to be made outside of WWE if you're the kind of guy to create the buzz (which Joe clearly is) and are prepared to put in the work.

While I'm sure no one in WWE is living below the poverty line, it's pretty well accepted that the average developmental deal is less that what a big free agent can earn with guys like Zayn and Balor taking paycuts to gamble on a 'set for life' mania main eventer spot and guys like the Young Bucks turning down the WWE as they find their getting booked Frak everywhere approach more financially viable.

Whatever Joe decides he doesn't seem to have time on his side, at 35 he's slightly older than the Zayn's and Neville's, with a style that performed by a man of his bulk doesn't scream long shelf life and unlike those guys he's only just escaped half a decade of creative purgatory in TNA, if things went south in WWE could his reputation withstand another one?

Tbh I think whatever Joe decides he's really in a win/win situation, he seems to be a guy with an escape route planned from wrestling and if he gets a shot in WWE great from him, if he doesn't he's arguably the man with the most potential to hoover up money in a ripe free agent scene all over the world, much like Styles did when he left TNA.

Either way, with my smark biases, it means my dreams of a Samoa Joe/Diasuke Sekimoto match are coming closer to fruition, and I'm happy with that.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 21 Feb 2015, 1:11 am

Its not so much the WWE run bringing him money down the line, although I think it would, but its about not spending a retirement thinking "what if?"

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 03 Mar 2015, 7:55 pm

Apparently a WWE deal is as good as done for Samoa Joe...HHH apparently behind it
Samoa Joe Original

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:46 pm

I have no idea why WWE are signing Samoa Joe, unless it's just because they can. Perhaps if this was 8-10 years ago it would be a good move but Joe has been lethargic, fat and lazy for a number of years now and his stock in the wrestling world is extremely low. I imagine he'll probably command a higher wage than other indie talent because of his history as a well-paid guy in both ROH and TNA, yet he's older and has been regressing as a talent for a while now.

As a viewer I'm not really interested in seeing him and not sure what he can offer NXT that they don't already have and I'm certain he doesn't have the time on his side to be able to establish himself on NXT, get called up and actually do something meaningful on the main roster. My only thought is that they are going to use Joe's credibility he has earned through ROH and TNA to help the current NXT guys and maybe help with training.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:51 pm

From rumours that AJ Styles was on 400k at TNA and WWE offered him 60k then I doubt WWE will push the boat out.

I think its pretty no risk. If he puts the effort in then the guy is top quality, and clearly its been effort and not age thats held him back. At the very least hes never been a joke.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down