The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool sign Jose Enrique

5 posters

Go down

Liverpool sign Jose Enrique Empty Liverpool sign Jose Enrique

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Aug 2011, 1:25 pm

Liverpool have completed the signing of Newcastle full-back Jose Enrique for a reported £6m. The 25-year-old becomes manager Kenny Dalglish's fifth summer signing.

"This is one of the happiest days of my life. I have come to one of the biggest clubs not just in England, but in the world," said the Spaniard. Enrique joins Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam, Alexander Doni and Stewart Downing in moving to Liverpool during the summer. "I am excited by the new signings - it shows Liverpool's ambition," added Enrique, who has signed a long-term deal. "They spent a lot of money in January on Andy [Carroll] and Luis Suarez, and this summer they've spent a lot of money on other players. You can see they have big ambitions and that's why I came here - because I want to win things and I think I can do that here. My ambition is win everything with Liverpool. This year we won't play in the Champions League, so the most important thing is to try and win the league."

Enrique added that Liverpool's illustrious history had played a major part in convincing him to move to Anfield. "They have won a lot of things, including the Champions League," he said. "Of course I am looking forward to playing in front of the Kop. Everybody speaks about the fans here and they are amazing. I am looking forward to it. I hope it will be this weekend, but if not I can wait."

Enrique joins Liverpool a little more than 24 hours ahead of their Premier League season opener at home to Sunderland. The Spaniard, who joined Newcastle from Villarreal in 2007 for £6.3m, was disciplined by United last month after criticising their decision to sell major players, such as Carroll and Kevin Nolan, on his Twitter account.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14494213.stm

I'm happy with this move as he is good going forward and attacking and we should finally have a decent first team left back who won't be injury prone. Although I am starting to get seriously worried at our lack of out-goings we now have definetly gone over the 25 man squad and we have three left backs with Insua, Aurelio and Enrique so we must get rid of one of the first two and we still have Joe Cole, Poulsen and others who we could do with showing the exit door.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool sign Jose Enrique Empty Re: Liverpool sign Jose Enrique

Post by JDandfries Fri 12 Aug 2011, 1:40 pm

Almost the same statement that was read out by Bellamy, Keane, Kewell etc etc - only thing missing was that he used to support Liverpool as a boy

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Aug 2011, 1:42 pm

JDandfries wrote:Almost the same statement that was read out by Bellamy, Keane, Kewell etc etc - only thing missing was that he used to support Liverpool as a boy

What is your point?

What more can you say other than I am happy to join the club?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 1:42 pm

Liverpool have got themselves a good left back, similar to the Glen Johnson mould. Needs to have a pacey centre back beside him because at times he can get caught out of position due to his attacking nature, but look past that and he's a demon going forward.

You have to hope Dalglish tells Downing to backtrack and help Enrique defensively because that's when Jose performs best. Compare his performances with and without Jonas for us and there's a remarkable difference.

He's a player that deserves to play in Europe and for the national team, so hopefully he'll achieve that within the next couple of years. Best of luck to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:00 pm

Liverpool have got themselves a hell of a full back in Enrique. Quick, strong, calm, good going forward, got a good cross on him. Im biased as a Newcastle fan but any right winger will have their work cut out trying to get the better of Enrique. I can see him and Downing working very well together.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

I think Downing will be good at tracking back on both wings. Main problem is see is that on the other wing will be Suarez who I can't see tracking back in the same way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:04 pm

He's rubbish, waste of money, you've been had......

I'm not bitter at all.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I think Downing will be good at tracking back on both wings. Main problem is see is that on the other wing will be Suarez who I can't see tracking back in the same way.

If he doesn't track back then expect people to get in to the space left behind him. At Newcastle he had Jonas always tracking back and putting the pressure on the attacker, and in the games where Ferguson played infront of him he did the same. It would be a waste of Enrique's better abilities if Dalglish restricted how often he could get forward, surely Downing will play on the left for the majority of the season anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:09 pm

Churchill wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I think Downing will be good at tracking back on both wings. Main problem is see is that on the other wing will be Suarez who I can't see tracking back in the same way.

If he doesn't track back then expect people to get in to the space left behind him. At Newcastle he had Jonas always tracking back and putting the pressure on the attacker, and in the games where Ferguson played infront of him he did the same. It would be a waste of Enrique's better abilities if Dalglish restricted how often he could get forward, surely Downing will play on the left for the majority of the season anyway?

Downing had impressive tackling stats last year, 73% or something, he's very good at tracking back.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:29 pm

Yeah, but I expect Downing and Suarez to do a lot of swapping the sides they're attacking down, and both our full backs will need help tracking back and although Downing will be good at it, I don't think Suarez will be as good at tracking back on the opposite side.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:31 pm

We should of sold him for more than 6 million.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:35 pm

Wouldn't have got more than that, Liam. Last year of contract, dressing room unrest, unhappy player, it's about right.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:48 pm

Liam_Main wrote:We should of sold him for more than 6 million.

Just think of it as £40m for Carroll and Enrique, sounds much better Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:49 pm

Churchill wrote:

No it doesnt! Cry

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

Churchill wrote:

Would sound great, except all of that is going in Mike Ashley's pocket! laughing

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 2:59 pm

Would be funny if some of the funds hadn't already been spent on wages, signing on fees, transfers and improving club facilities thumbsup

KB, £20m for each player and they're both on bumper contracts at Liverpool, makes it easier to cope with both going. Just hope we bring in a replacement for Jose sharpish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 12 Aug 2011, 3:01 pm

Churchill wrote:Would be funny if some of the funds hadn't already been spent on wages, signing on fees, transfers and improving club facilities thumbsup

KB, £20m for each player and they're both on bumper contracts at Liverpool, makes it easier to cope with both going. Just hope we bring in a replacement for Jose sharpish.

Do you promise????? Sad

Laugh

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

King Beer wrote:
Churchill wrote:Would be funny if some of the funds hadn't already been spent on wages, signing on fees, transfers and improving club facilities thumbsup

Do you promise????? Sad

Laugh

I promise... Although my words just as good as Arsene Wenger's and Mike Ashley's Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down