The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v. Wales today

+5
Draigoch
21st Century Schizoid Man
doctornickolas
ML
EggbertEnglishman
9 posters

Go down

England v. Wales today Empty England v. Wales today

Post by EggbertEnglishman Sun 14 Aug 2011, 5:30 am

Jonny Wilkinson is England's best option at No. 10. This much was plain from today's peculiar performance. Only Mike Tindall looked threatening behind the scrum. The Welsh dominated the breakdown where matches today are lost and won. The English back row were anonymous today. Martin Johnson & Co have their work cut out for them. Simpson-Daniel would have scored the try that Banahan butchered. I'm not sure what Johnson has against Sinbad.

EggbertEnglishman

Back to top Go down

England v. Wales today Empty Re: England v. Wales today

Post by ML Sun 14 Aug 2011, 6:04 am

I don't understand the English selection at 10 over the last two games. You play a primarily kicking flyhalf with your more creative centre partnership in the first game, and then strand your running flyhalf inside a partnership that essentially offers nothing but route one crash ball.

Bizarre. Erm

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Sun 14 Aug 2011, 6:15 am

Banahan wants stringing up for butchering that chance.

He's only about 12 inches taller and 6 stone heavier than Shane and he still couldn't get over the line even with a straight run in.

nope

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Sun 14 Aug 2011, 6:16 am

doctornickolas wrote:Banahan wants stringing up for butchering that chance.

He's only about 12 inches taller and 6 stone heavier than Shane and he still couldn't get over the line even with a straight run in.

nope

Banahan is seriously the most over-rated rugby player around. He has all the physical attributes he needs, but is missing the top two inches.

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 15 Aug 2011, 7:18 am

Bananahaha and Shania Hape are seriously gash rugby players. Nothing to worry Scotland or Argentina here. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Draigoch Mon 15 Aug 2011, 7:29 am

Banahan seems to be the anti-Shane. Huge amounts of power but can't read a game and lacks any distribution or ball playing skills.

Still could a handy player for England though if they use him properly.

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 15 Aug 2011, 8:07 am

At least Wales did England a favour this pre RWC game by not fielding a weak team of old crocks. Both teams know there is a lot of work to do before the first match i.e., Wales; sort out the front row, get R Jones fit for number 8 and find a full back. England: fitness of their forwards (lasting 80 mins), back row was better in the first game, defence looks shakey, get shot of Banahan, a back up for Wilkinson (Hodgson is poor) and Hape and Tindal are no great threat.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Mon 15 Aug 2011, 9:07 am

glamorganalun wrote:At least Wales did England a favour this pre RWC game by not fielding a weak team of old crocks. Both teams know there is a lot of work to do before the first match i.e., Wales; sort out the front row, get R Jones fit for number 8 and find a full back. England: fitness of their forwards (lasting 80 mins), back row was better in the first game, defence looks shakey, get shot of Banahan, a back up for Wilkinson (Hodgson is poor) and Hape and Tindal are no great threat.

So are you saying that England managed to dominate possession for much of the game only using their tight 5?

I thought the backrow were fine. Where England completely fell down was the way the backs used the possession we had.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 9:13 am

DaveM wrote:
glamorganalun wrote:At least Wales did England a favour this pre RWC game by not fielding a weak team of old crocks. Both teams know there is a lot of work to do before the first match i.e., Wales; sort out the front row, get R Jones fit for number 8 and find a full back. England: fitness of their forwards (lasting 80 mins), back row was better in the first game, defence looks shakey, get shot of Banahan, a back up for Wilkinson (Hodgson is poor) and Hape and Tindal are no great threat.

So are you saying that England managed to dominate possession for much of the game only using their tight 5?

I thought the backrow were fine. Where England completely fell down was the way the backs used the possession we had.

tbh mate i thought the england back row were innoticeable compared to the welsh back row- that may be because i am welsh and the fact the welsh back 3 were defending like demons but ...

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 15 Aug 2011, 9:14 am

Dave - the backrow sometimes compete at the breakdown, Englands didnt and that contributed to their down fall along with Wales's rock solid defence thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down