The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop?

+3
Grizzly
CFCNick
thunder and lightning
7 posters

Go down

First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop?

First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Vote_lcap20%First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]
First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Vote_lcap53%First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 8 ]
First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Vote_lcap0%First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Vote_lcap0%First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Vote_lcap27%First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 15

First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Empty First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop?

Post by thunder and lightning Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm

Well with the last 3 year we've have QB's taken with the first pick of the draft and next year, baring a miracle/tragedy, will see Andrew Luck taken first also. So I'm intrigued to see who people think will be the first to win a Superbowl of the 4 (or none at all). Personally I'd go for Bradford, due to having a pretty easy division compared to the others, thus making it easier for him to make the playoff, and once there anything can happen. Also interesting to see the last 3 number one picks have gone to the NFC, I look forward to the Bengals and Broncos competing for Andrew Luck for the AFC this year Very Happy .

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Empty Re: First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop?

Post by CFCNick Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:25 pm

I went for Bradford. Even if it takes 3-4 years he's in the right division to get more post season experience than Cam and Stafford.

I do like the possibility of a Lions-Rams NFCCG in the next 5 years.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop? Empty Re: First No.1 overall QB to win a Superbowl from the new(ish) crop?

Post by Grizzly Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:42 pm

Great question but impossible to answer so I went no-one.

I don't see the Rams or Lions being good enough to win a superbowl in the next few years so bar a major trade I can't have Stafford or Bradford, where does Luck end up ? at this rate Buffalo or Cincinatti IMO, do I fancy either of those to be turned into a superbowl team ?
Probably not.
That leaves Cam Newton, Panthers ? Probably more chance than most as I think the nucleous is there for the Panthers and they could get good in a year or two, but they are in the original group of death.

When I look at the quality of QBs out there and the quality of their teams it's difficult to look beyond the likes of Packers, Pats, Steelers, Ravens or Saints, I would throw in the Jets and Falcons as possibles.
Every one of those QBs is likely to play at the top for another 6/7/8 years min so I don't see any new kid breaking through any time soon.

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:47 pm

Would be interesting to include all first-founder QBs of the last three years in that list.

I can't say for sure. As Grizz said, there are waaaay to many variables. Sure, the Rams have the easiest divison right now, but their team is full of holes.

Can I see any of those three challenging NO, GB or PHI in the next few years?

Not a chance.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:52 pm

Stafford's the best of the lot but he can't stay healthy.

Seen nothing special about Bradford

Newton and Luck have done virtually nothing so far.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 5:25 pm

Stafford, Bradford and Newton all lead teams which are either trending upwards or, in the Panthers case, a team which has pretty much nowhere to go but up.

I think Bradford will be in the best position to challenge for a Super Bowl in future years as the Rams are putting together some pieces on offense IMO. They don’t have great depth at RB but Steven Jackson can still do some damage, a young group of receivers in Danario Alexander, Danny Amendola, Mike Sims-Walker, Mardy Gilyard, Donnie Avery and the list goes on. Talk is that rookie TE Lance Kendricks has been impressive in TC as a receiving threat. Working with such a young group makes things more difficult for Bradford ATM but they’ll be able to gain experience and develop as a team. Their OL is young and improving and the acquisition of Harvey Dahl should make it even stronger. To top it off they have Josh McDaniels as OC who has the ability to transform an offense and is without a doubt one of the best QB coaches in the league.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 8:36 pm

I've gone for Bradford, partly because I felt the need to get off the fence.

The strength (or lack therin) of the division works in his favor as someone else mentioned above. But to be honest its pretty hard to see how the teams will all develop.
I mean as much as it pains me to say, Mark Sanchez (as a QB of the right era as opposed to a #1 overall) has a better chance than all of them because his surrounding cast has turned out to be a lot better than he personally is.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down