The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons new kit!

+2
greybeard
Impossible Standards
6 posters

Go down

Dragons new kit! Empty Dragons new kit!

Post by Impossible Standards Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 2:25

I really like the look of this. For one the away shirt is just as nice as the home!

https://shop.rodneyparade.com/s-37-replica-jerseys.aspx

Thoughts?
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Dragons new kit! Empty Re: Dragons new kit!

Post by greybeard Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 2:31

I like the home jersey, but the amount of sponsorship lables on it kind of take away from the overall look. Still, sponsorship isn't to be sniffed at.

not too keen on the away strip.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 9:55

I like the black strip. Not so sure on the white one. A few people had been raving about it so I had high hopes, but when I saw it I was a little underwhelmed. I'll definitely buy the home one though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 19:30

It's nice but I've preferred those of previous years. Is the rest next to Dragons crest,the one for Newport? I though the Welsh regions were just going by their name? i.e. just the Scarlets,Ospreys,etc.?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 20:22

Hve to say I think that all the Welsh regions carry to much sponorship on there tops.

It should be limited like in football, to one main sponsor and one smaller on on the sleeve, watching some of the Welsh teams in like looking at a team with the yellow pages plastered over every available space.

Thing the Irish have a main sponser, a sleeve and one on the back, thats it. Looks better and can prob get more money from each company as it's limited space.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 20:36

Beggars can't be choosers, though. The money on offer is nothing near to what football teams can expect.

Mazda have been named as the new sponsors of Connacht, they're getting 500K a year out of that deal. I'm sure Toyota are paying more for a marquee team like Munster, but it's nowhere near the 14m a year AIG had originally agreed to with Manchester Utd.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 19:37

you can't compare football and rugby sponsership, AIG may have paid a lot more for ManU than Toyota did for Munster but look how much more coverage Manu get, on TV mags everthing, plus I'm sure POC isn't on £200,000 a week like Rooney.

Mind you thats a good deal for Connanch, I'm guessing thats better than average, and prob more that what most Welsh regions get from all there smaller sponsers. Shirt looks better with less sponsers is all i'm really saying.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 1:27

Ahem, I only mentioned the ManU thing because you suggested there should be a rule as there is in football.

The point is, football can afford such a rule because the sums are so much different.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 10:42

Kingshu wrote:Hve to say I think that all the Welsh regions carry to much sponorship on there tops.

It should be limited like in football, to one main sponsor and one smaller on on the sleeve, watching some of the Welsh teams in like looking at a team with the yellow pages plastered over every available space.

Thing the Irish have a main sponser, a sleeve and one on the back, thats it. Looks better and can prob get more money from each company as it's limited space.

you see i think the ospreys manage to get away with it espicially the celtic cross shirt/ as did the dragons last kit- the blues and scarlets arent quite as noticeable but still i dont mind

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 21:04

The white kit is awesome i may actually buy my first Dragons jersey. The black looks like a pale imitation of the ghastly Wales away world cup jersey. Its very dissapointing to see the Dragons board cling on to black.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down