The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colonial View of the RFU? (erm, or should Fiji join Super Rugby)

+31
tigerleghorn
Pal Joey
HammerofThunor
nottins
emack2
MBTGOG
aucklandlaurie
Shifty
nathan
blackcanelion
welshjohn369
nganboy
fa0019
Gunner
Irish Londoner
screamingaddabs
robbo277
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
GunsGerms
TrailApe
greenandpleasantland
chewed_mintie
The Lord Baron Edwood
Great White
jbeadlesbigrighthand
doctornickolas
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
BATH_BTGOG
Bathman_in_London
Coleman
TheGreyGhost
35 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Colonial View of the RFU? (erm, or should Fiji join Super Rugby) - Page 3 Empty Colonial View of the RFU? (erm, or should Fiji join Super Rugby)

Post by TheGreyGhost Wed 17 Aug 2011, 12:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

"When you consider how England is blatantly using its power to bolster the national side with players not remotely English, it is time for rugby to start levelling the playing field."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10745534

"There is a disturbing atmosphere of exploitation, perhaps linked to colonial ways, about the way rugby is run."

Interesting thoughts again from Chris Rattue.

Last edited by TheGreyGhost on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Colonial View of the RFU? (erm, or should Fiji join Super Rugby) - Page 3 Empty Re: Colonial View of the RFU? (erm, or should Fiji join Super Rugby)

Post by MBTGOG Sun 21 Aug 2011, 7:05 am

Welshjohn,

There is no need for the personal insults.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Colonial View of the RFU? (erm, or should Fiji join Super Rugby) - Page 3 Empty Re: Colonial View of the RFU? (erm, or should Fiji join Super Rugby)

Post by welshjohn369 Sun 21 Aug 2011, 7:47 am

MBTGOG wrote:Welshjohn,

There is no need for the personal insults.

I have called him, petty, it is hardly an insult, it is a point of view based on his beliefs.

This is a man who threatened to assault me if e ever saw me (not that he could), but I saw nothing to suggest he had any warning?
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 21 Aug 2011, 7:51 am

I have not seen that. You called him a "petty little man". Now please leave it there. Debate with him, but there is no need for that.

If you wish to discuss this further, please PM me.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:19 am

I guess it gives a new meaning to taking the PI Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:21 am

Well I shall rephrase it, I will just say he is a man with petty ideas. That is not an insult, it is a point of view.

I will not PM anyone here.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:22 am

You tell 'em John - I think their displacing their anger on you thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:32 am

welshjohn369 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote: The two issues are inextricably linked.
It is the selfishness of the IRB and celts which is forbidding players from representing a country when they have already played for another.The Scots, Irish and Welsh do not want the Samoans to be seen as their equals or stronger....

Reel your neck it and stop trying to turn the thread to your favour.

It is NZ that are the main poachers of the PI nations and it was rife in days gone by as everyone knowns it's rife today as well.

The rest of you petty ranting ain't worth answering you petty little man.

WJ it's obvious when you are losing an argument because you resort to being obtuse and antagonistic.

"stop trying to turn the thread to your favour" ? WTF? Why don't you just say "Stop out arguing me by using facts and logic".

I'm sick and tired of hearing this "NZ Poaching PI" argument from under educated members of the home nations. For someone who supposedly lives in NZ you have apparently failed to grasp any nuance of the culture. You are not new in that, NZ is full of blind racist ex-pats for whom life would be much more convenient if NZ were not a polynesian island. Suggest you just go home to Wales since you are so clearly bridling with resentment.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:39 am

Right folks, this has clearly descended into a slanging match, and quite frankly I have had enough as you have all been warned a couple of times.

I am now going to lock the thread and if anyone sees fit to start a new one solely with the purpose of starting another slanging match that has nothing to do with rugby they will be banned straight away without warning.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3