The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sneijder not for Sale!

+2
ADMIN
Crimey
6 posters

Go down

Sneijder not for Sale! Empty Sneijder not for Sale!

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti says midfielder Wesley Sneijder will not be sold this summer, describing the Dutch playmaker as "untouchable". Sneijder has been linked with a move to Manchester United and recently revealed he could be sold for the right price after "unofficial talks" had begun. Moratti has denied those comments, saying there has never been any such negotiations to sell the 27-year-old.

"Sneijder is going nowhere," Moratti told told Gazzetta dello Sport. Moratti revealed his resolve to keep Netherlands international Sneijder has been strengthened further by the imminent departure of striker Samuel Eto'o, who is set to join big-spending Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala. As well as United, Sneijder has also been linked with Manchester City.

"Sneijder was untouchable before the situation with Eto'o and he has become even more so now Eto'o could leave," added Moratti. There has never been any kind of talks about Wes."

Moratti also confirmed speculation regarding the club's interest in Manchester City's wantaway striker Carlos Tevez, but believes any deal is unlikely as he instead looks at other options to fill Eto'o's departure. "The names that have been mentioned are correct," he added. "We have been following Tevez, [Ezequiel] Lavezzi and [Diego] Forlan. It will be difficult to sort an agreement for the City striker but the others we are considering. We'll see."

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14559734.stm

Bad news for United, but I'm not sure whether they were ever actually formally interested. Are the Manchester United fans worried at the lack of a big name in the centre of midfield? At the end of last season it seemed to be the area that was "key" to improvement, is that still the case? Rumors are that Fergie is happy with his youngsters stepping up, but would you trust Cleverly to be able to cope with Barcelona?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sneijder not for Sale! Empty Re: Sneijder not for Sale!

Post by ADMIN Wed 17 Aug 2011, 4:00 pm

Fergie seems to think that the likes of Cleverley and Pogba coming through would be hampered by Sneijder coming in and it would turn into a Rossi/Pique situation where Utd train the player up only for them to have to leave to get 1st team action.
It’s a big risk and I just cannot see Utd being able to get anywhere near Barca for a few years. Quality attracts quality. World class players want to play with other world class players and at present who really wants to partner Carrick/Fletcher/Park/Cleverley/Anderson in the centre of Utd’s midfield?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Wed 17 Aug 2011, 4:17 pm

There are many different reports about this situation one report says that Sneijder is depressed that the move will probably not go through so there is no real evidence that he doesn't want to come because Utd is not a team full of "stars" or "quality" Utd will just have to manage as they always do.

In any case even if that was his attitude it is good that he is not coming to Utd as SAF in general makes stars instead of just buying them all the time.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed 17 Aug 2011, 4:26 pm

I remember Torres not being for sale, also remember Fabregas not being for sale, etc etc etc

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 17 Aug 2011, 8:55 pm

Poor career move should he leave Inter for the money, money united are a mercenary club.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2011, 9:56 pm

I don't know why there is this whole 'Utd need to get nearer Barca' mentality coming from a lot of their fans. They are only in direct competition with the Catalans in one competition and there are other just as able clubs across Europe with the same goal of lifting the Champions League but I doubt their supporters are arrogant enough to believe that their club is the only one to halt the Barcelona juggernaut!

I agree with Hero in that this current crop of Utd midfielders are not their best mob in recent times but they'll probably still have enough to win the title again..with or without Sneijder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Aug 2011, 9:59 pm

I think Fergie is desperate to win the Champions League again, and I don't think the current squad is good enough, not unless Barcelona get knocked out early in a shock result. SAF knows he can win the league with his current squad, but surely they should be aiming for the Champions League now, because it seems to be the one thing standing in the way of this team being considered 'great'.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:08 pm

All the top European clubs should have designs on the Champions League Leak but desperation can lead to dangerous consequences...look at Chelsea under Abromovich.

I'd say Utd need a whole lot more than Sneijder to even be within a par score of Barca but as I have stated before on other threads Barca can and will be beaten on occasions this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:21 pm

They just seem to be missing something special in the middle of the park.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2011, 10:24 pm

True but I think even if Fergie fails to win another Champions League he should be more than satisfied with his work at the club.

Last edited by FreekShow on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 17 Aug 2011, 11:17 pm

United need a playmaking attacking midfielder to run the show.

This has been a weird saga, at times its seemed almost on the verge, at others its been dead in the water.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down