The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies or bits of Movies you just have to watch again and again

+23
WhiteCamry
davidl1061
Diggers
rawa86
noleisthebest
robbo277
Breadvan
AberdeenSteve
AlexHuckerby
Sugar Floyd Louis
westisbest
President Trump
Luke
Sir. badgerhands
CFCNick
hodge
hornbloweroafc
Celtic Warrior
dyrewolfe
Dass
Derbyblue
Cari
Kenny
27 posters

Go down

Movies or bits of Movies you just have to watch again and again  Empty Movies or bits of Movies you just have to watch again and again

Post by Kenny Thu 18 Aug 2011, 3:37 pm

Luckless_pedestrian's thread in the music section Guilty Pleasures got me thinking of films that if there on the tv i have to watch no matter how good or bad they are , it doesn't matter if i have missed the start if i like the film i will watch a bit of it or all of it .

I have loads , one of them is on ITV 1 10.30pm tomorrow JAWS i must have watched it maybe 50-60 times but i will be there watching again .

Top Gun is another .

Last edited by KingKenny7Heaven on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Movies or bits of Movies you just have to watch again and again  Empty Re: Movies or bits of Movies you just have to watch again and again

Post by Cari Thu 18 Aug 2011, 3:44 pm

For starters, mine would be:

The Blues Brothers
Desperately Seeking Susan
The Breakfast Club
The Commitments

Never get tired of those and can almost recite every line Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Movies or bits of Movies you just have to watch again and again  Empty Re: Movies or bits of Movies you just have to watch again and again

Post by Derbyblue Thu 18 Aug 2011, 3:52 pm

Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead are two that if I know they're on I will make sure I watch them, I have more but my minds gone blank.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Thu 18 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

At the moment these are the films that seem to come on most often that I end up sitting down to watch no matter what.

Gladiator
Matrix
Payback (remake)

There are numerous films that are on more selectively that I'd watch without fail but that list would be far to long. Especially when you consider some I may only see once a year or less on tv if I'm extremely lucky.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 18 Aug 2011, 3:58 pm

I'll never tire of Jaws or Top Gun either. Others I'll watch again and again include:

Star Wars (all 6)
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Pirates of the Caribbean
Iron Man
V for Vendetta
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:12 pm

If there are any Bond movies on I'll generally sit and watch those.

There are plenty of others that I jsut can't think of right now.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:23 pm

Terminator 1 & 2 and the Rambo films. WHenever they are on TV I end up watching them! Very Happy
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:32 pm

Bit naff but American Pie the wedding was on lastnight i had to watch it until Stiffler and Bear have the dance off .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:34 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead are two that if I know they're on I will make sure I watch them, I have more but my minds gone blank.

yes for Hot Fuzz Smile

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:39 pm

Star Wars - all 6
Die Hard 4
Role Models
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Zombieland
Up In The Air
Max Payne

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:41 pm

City of God
Raging Bull
Zombieland
The Perfect Storm
Goodfellas
Rocky IV
Hard to Kill - Makes me want to push random strangers over.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:45 pm

The Perfect Storm ............great call thumbsup
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:47 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Bit naff but American Pie the wedding was on lastnight i had to watch it until Stiffler and Bear have the dance off .

Completely agree. I couldn't care less about the rest of that movie...but that scenes is the stuff of legend.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:43 pm

Had my ipod on random coming home from work this morning and a track from the film Rock Star came on , well i had to put the dvd on and scene select to that song ' We all die young ' Chris's audition for Steel Dragon .

Anyone else seen it ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:43 pm

Only vaguely remember that film as I only saw it once, quite a while ago.

I think I should add Zoolander, Evolution and Stargate to my list.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:49 pm

S.W.A.T and Dodgeball are others that I can sit and watch time and time again.

Zoolander is a good shout too.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 19 Aug 2011, 5:50 pm

The 5 d's of dodgeball.... dogde, duck, dip, dive and........ dodge

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 22 Aug 2011, 11:23 pm

The Blues Brothers on now on ITV 4 , the car chase at the end
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:13 pm

The Crow, just love that film.

Seen the start of Saving Private Ryan about 20 times, the battle scene is fantastic, seen the whole film once.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:20 pm

THe beginning of Blade when theyre in the club, blood pouring from the sprinklers and New Order-Confusion is playing out loud! THe song completes the scene
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:56 pm

Hot Fuzz
Shaun of the Dead
Role Models
Silence of the Lambs
40 yr old Virgin
Blues Brothers
Get him to the Greek

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:24 pm

Platoon, when they're drinking and smoking, listening to Smokey Robinson's Tracks of My Tears.

Have watched that scene a fair few times.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:59 pm

Good call thumbsup
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 26 Aug 2011, 2:31 pm

Apocalypse Now - the Ride of the Valkyries scene!

Actually the whole movie is very watchable, again and again.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 27 Aug 2011, 5:16 pm

The original Longest Yard with Burt Reynolds , the scene in the swamp and the game at the end , i could watch over again .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat 27 Aug 2011, 7:10 pm

The pencil trick in Dark Knight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbzQxTfHtgY

R.I.P

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 28 Aug 2011, 2:07 am

The Girl Next Door... Saddest thing ever but I've seen it 34 times!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 28 Aug 2011, 7:15 pm

Samuel L Jackson's Ezekiel 25:17 speech in Pulp Fiction. Infact, the entire scene is amazing.

"Oh, I am sorry. Did I break your concentration?"

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:30 pm

Jaws
Star Wars's
The Mask
The Grinch
Lethal Weapons
Varsity Blues
Rocky 2 running through Philadeplhia scene
Porky's

Loads more I can't think of...

Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 4:09 pm

"Remember when Bobby Boucher turned up at half-time and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Ball?"

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 29 Aug 2011, 5:16 pm

robbo277 wrote:"Remember when Bobby Boucher turned up at half-time and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Ball?"

I certainly do ! he saved they day because he loved his Mom and had drunk his aqua .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 30 Aug 2011, 4:02 pm

Independence Day - in particular the scene where the President gives his speech to the pilots.

In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:29 am

Just watched it again The Warriors ....................." Warriors come out to play "
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 22 Jan 2012, 8:30 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Sun 22 Jan 2012, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 22 Jan 2012, 8:43 pm

Electric...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frl0KyKMAi4&feature=related

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by rawa86 Sun 22 Jan 2012, 8:59 pm

Young Frankenstein.

Marty Feldman is absolutely brilliant in that film.

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 23 Jan 2012, 8:48 am

Club Paradise is one i've watched a few times over the years.

Very funny.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:16 pm

Probably the favourite bit of any film ever for me...Ferris Buellers Day Off where he sings Twist and Shout. Love it, great film and this is the best bit. Just full of energy and gets better as the scene goes on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgd46QiHz4I

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 24 Jan 2012, 1:52 pm

Mighty Ducks any of the 3
Terminator 2
Hot Fuzz
Notting Hill

and a whole host of others!!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Wed 01 Feb 2012, 7:51 pm

Movies:
The Maltese Falcon
Casablanca
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Star Wars IV: A New Hope
Animal House
It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Any Marx Brothers movie.

Movie bits:
Ben-Hur - the galley scene and the chariot scene.
Bullitt - the car chase.
Grand Prix - the Monte Carlo racing scenes look just like a telecast today but they had to use the heavy equipment of the day.
The Blues Brothers - any scene; it's just too bad they don't add up at a whole movie.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 8:53 pm

davidl1061 wrote:Mighty Ducks any of the 3
Terminator 2
Hot Fuzz
Notting Hill

With you on the mighty ducks, cheesiest movies ever but you gotta love them

Gotta be Ghostbusters for me though - we came we saw we kicked its a$$

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri 03 Feb 2012, 11:50 am

The start of Robocop.

While the special effects now look dated, the horrific killing of Murphy never gets old or less shocking for me.

Of course it's a great film but that scene is one to watch over and over.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri 03 Feb 2012, 5:24 pm

gazzyD wrote:
davidl1061 wrote:Mighty Ducks any of the 3
Terminator 2
Hot Fuzz
Notting Hill

With you on the mighty ducks, cheesiest movies ever but you gotta love them

Gotta be Ghostbusters for me though - we came we saw we kicked its a$$

The greatest childrens films ever made! I dont care they all follow the same plot! I can probably recite d2 word for word!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 03 Feb 2012, 9:09 pm

Seen The Burbs a fair few times don't know why but i love it, i can picture nearly every scene know so i'll to wait a few years before watching it again.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 10 Feb 2012, 3:39 pm

Porkies

Absoloute classic.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 23 Mar 2012, 8:30 am

Begbies throwing of his pint glass and the ensuing fight in trainspotting. I have friend just like that, scary man Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by killer-boosh Fri 06 Apr 2012, 12:28 pm

has to be the car washing part in 'one night at mccools' i have to hide that fact that i own that film from the wife devil

killer-boosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 06 Apr 2012, 2:40 pm

killer-boosh wrote:has to be the car washing part in 'one night at mccools' i have to hide that fact that i own that film from the wife devil

Liv Tyler all wet Drool
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down