The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Competition will be coming soon!

+2
crazy_dave23
mikeygnfl
6 posters

Go down

NFL Competition will be coming soon! Empty NFL Competition will be coming soon!

Post by mikeygnfl Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:03 pm

I ran a prediction competition on the BBC 606 forum last year, won by SwannyRockStar, and will be running the same competition on here too this NFL season. The idea is to predict the scores of the games each week and you gain points for how close you are to each score. I shall put up the full rules along with the week one fixtures at the start of September.

I will put up links to last year's standings and roll of honour soon.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

NFL Competition will be coming soon! Empty Re: NFL Competition will be coming soon!

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Sounds good. Welcome across to the board... I've seen that you have joined the fantasy leagues as well which is great Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

NFL Competition will be coming soon! Empty Re: NFL Competition will be coming soon!

Post by Pr4wn Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:03 am

Good stuff Mike, really enjoyed last year's comp!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:09 am

Looking forward to it too. I believe I topped the average score board last season.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm already in one on NFL OoH. If there's room I'll give it a go.
How does the league work predicting and scoring?
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 pm

yh it sound fun ill do it
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:34 am

The competition is open to anyone.

Basically you predict the scores of each game and you get point for how close you are. You get 10pts for the correct outcome ie which team wins and then upto 10pts for each teams score. You lose one of those 10pts for each point you are away so there is 30pts up for grabs in each game. If you get a score spot on you get you get double points for that game ie 60pts.

There will be a few different titles up for grabs in this competition. The overall winner - this will be the person with the most points from next Thursday to the Super Bowl.

There will also be weekly winners, an average points table, the highest weekly score, most correct scores and a table for the most points in the play off games.

I will post the full scoring and rules next Monday or Tuesday with the Week 1 thread.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down