The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Bad It's Good!

+16
The Womble
tommyhearnsprodigalson
President Trump
Enforcer
Breadvan
Derbyblue
hornbloweroafc
dyrewolfe
Kenny
Pr4wn
Beer
Adam D
Cari
ADMIN
Sir. badgerhands
Doubleagent73
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So Bad It's Good! - Page 2 Empty So Bad It's Good!

Post by Doubleagent73 Mon 22 Aug 2011, 12:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Does anyone else love "bad" films, the cheesy kind that make you laugh for the wrong reasons? Some have gained almost cult status because of how popular they are to laugh at - like Troll 2, Birdemic, or The Room. Are there any personal favourites that you've enjoyed having a chuckle at? My all time favourites would probably include ZOMBIE LAKE, THE SWARM, SHARK ATTACK 3, MEGAPIRANHA, THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN and JAWS THE REVENGE just for starters.

I don't mean films that were bad and you didn't like them, or films that were over-hyped. Just the guilty pleasures that were fun because of their awfulness.

Youtube clip: Zombie Lake (in 2 minutes)
Doubleagent73
Doubleagent73

http://badfilmfriday.com

Back to top Go down

So Bad It's Good! - Page 2 Empty Re: So Bad It's Good!

Post by Galted Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:22 pm

Beast of Yucca Flats (free to view on Google video - probably my all time favourite display of cinematic ineptness, as is anything by Coleman Francis for that matter)
Troll 2 (sheer cringeworthy genius)
Battlefield Earth (the plot is one gaping hole, the acting is abysmal)
The Room (can't get hold of it but most of the scenes can be found on youtube - excruciatingly brilliant)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Mon 09 Jan 2012, 3:13 pm

Rocky IV, much of watched it at least 100 times in my youth.

Steven Seagull - Hard to Kill. Classic. Does a great speech about growing up in China or somewhere and learning how to fight, but first having to learn how to heal. The speech is also delivered with his post-coma beard so he resembles a kung fu Jim Morrison.
Add to this that his characters name is Mason Storm and the leading lady says his name with a wistful expression while shaking her head and your onto a winner.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:04 pm

I just looked at the list outside and the "So bad it's good" tag interested me because I instantly recalled a Steven Seagal movie. I come in and there is a guy just above me with Steven already plotted out.

Mine is On Deadly Ground, which has something to do with fighting big oil business interests in Alaska in the name of Mother Nature.

Steven does the usual spiritual whispering stuff which is funny enough but it is R. Lee Ermey that stands out. He always hovers between being ultra serious (Gny. Sgt. Hartman in Full Metal Jacket) and downright whacky, but none moreso than in this caper.

At one stage, Steven is unleashing the action and Ermey and his military companions are the prey. And even as Steven hunts them down and picks them off one by one, Ermey is giving his men (and us) Seagal's CV (reasons why he is a badass and shouldn't be taken lightly. Reasons why you should just maybe run for your life and quit making the speeches!)

Emrey's 'Best' Speech:
"My guy in D.C. tells me that we are not dealing with a student here, we're dealing with the Professor. Any time the military has an operation that can't fail, they call this guy in to train the troops, OK? He's the kind of guy that would drink a gallon of gasoline so he could [urinate] in your campfire! You could drop this guy off at the Arctic Circle wearing a pair of bikini underwear, without his toothbrush, and tomorrow afternoon he's going to show up at your pool side with a million dollar smile and fist full of pesos. This guy's a professional, you got me? If he reaches this rig, we're all gonna be nothing but a big goddamned hole right in the middle of Alaska. So let's go find him and kill him and get rid of the son of a bitch!"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2