The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New set of irons

+7
SmithersJones
goldwolf
Maverick
oldparwin
super_realist
drive4show
jeffkenna
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New set of irons - Page 2 Empty New set of irons

Post by jeffkenna Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Keen golfer off handicap of 6. Planning on changing my set of irons this year. I currently play Titleist 735 CM, they are a combo set with 3 iron starting off as cavity and progressively work their way into muscle back for 6 & 7, blades for 8, 9 & P, dynamic gold S300 shafts. I love these irons, very solid feel, extremely workable, and quite a compact head without being too difficult to hit the long irons as say a set of full blades. I'm changing as I have had them for 6 years- I feel I may require a new custom fit in terms of a lie and also I believe the project X flighted rifle shafts may suit me better.
Anyone recommendations from anyone who has changed irons recently? Feedback welcome on sets which, I suppose, cater for the better ball striker, without being as tough/unforgiving as a full blade?
Anyone ever play the Titleist 735CM and what did you think of them? I genuinely think that they were a wonderful iron and it's a pity Titleist aren't currently offering a combo set

jeffkenna

Back to top Go down

New set of irons - Page 2 Empty Re: New set of irons

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Cheers Mav/SR:
I have already taken on board the course management aspects and do not use the driver anywhere near as much as previously. An example of this was at Broadway the other day, I reckon I pulled it out the bag on no more than 5 occasions per round, whereas my playing partners used the big stick double that amount. I think that mid-high handicappers like me would be better placed not using the Big Dog on par 5s either. There almost seems a sense that you have to reach for it because it's a longer hole when often a 3-wood or even hybrid might be the safer option with a tight fairway and reachable bunkers. Off a higher handicap it's no disgrace to be hitting a short pitch or chip onto the green for your 4th shot rather than stood on the tee hitting your 3rd shot cos you sliced one oob thumbsup
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2