The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adebayor signs for Spurs on a season long loan

4 posters

Go down

Adebayor signs for Spurs on a season long loan Empty Adebayor signs for Spurs on a season long loan

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:11 pm

Will he cause dishormany in the dressing room, like everywhere he has been?

I know him and Gallas dont get on.

Thoughts?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Adebayor signs for Spurs on a season long loan Empty Re: Adebayor signs for Spurs on a season long loan

Post by Kenny Fri 26 Aug 2011, 4:56 pm

If his head is right he will score goals , Gallas doesn't like anybody does he ?

Test of Harry's managerial skills imo .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Adebayor signs for Spurs on a season long loan Empty Re: Adebayor signs for Spurs on a season long loan

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 5:37 pm

Is Harry even got any say anymore on who comes in and out of the club?

Every time he is interviewed he doesn't seem to have a clue what's happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 26 Aug 2011, 5:40 pm

FreekShow wrote:Is Harry even got any say anymore on who comes in and out of the club?

Laugh that did cross my mind .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:08 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:
FreekShow wrote:Is Harry even got any say anymore on who comes in and out of the club?

It wouldn't shock me... Tottenham seems to be being run more and more like a complete dictatorship in Levy, he's giving Abramovich a run for his money in the "hitler" of football department...He needs to relax for a moment and smell the coffee, how much more do you think Harry's gonna sit back and let this slide?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:36 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
KingKenny7Heaven wrote:

It wouldn't shock me... Tottenham seems to be being run more and more like a complete dictatorship in Levy, he's giving Abramovich a run for his money in the "hitler" of football department...He needs to relax for a moment and smell the coffee, how much more do you think Harry's gonna sit back and let this slide?

Agree totally Alex. I must have heard a dozen Redknapp interviews during pre-season where his answer has been 'you'll have to ask Daniel Levy about that.....'

As soon as Milan Mandaric started meddling with the running of the Portsmouth squad Harry soon upped sticks which does make you wonder how much of this he is going to take? Perhaps he is just sitting still until the England job comes along.

There has been a noticeable change regarding transfer developments at Spurs since Ramos was sacked and maybe Levy is somewhat paranoid about placing his trust in his manager?

I wrote a thread a couple a months ago about the manager as we know it dying out and it appears to be heading that way in this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:47 pm

There are few clubs nowadays where the manager actually has the real say in dealings with transfers nowadays. In one way I don't blame them as it is a great deal of money but on the other hand whats the point in having a manager not be allowed to head the time into his own style of football that he wants to be played?
Steve Bruce appears to have a decent say in at Sunderland, same with Kenny at Liverpool, SAF clearly has a massive say, perhaps Pulis at Stoke, but not many others in honesty... Which is pretty shocking.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:06 am

I wouldn't say it's that shocking AlexHuckerby, sometimes it could have been a benefit to have somebody who deals with signings, then the manager/head coach, if they work together it'd be a very good relationship, I always thought Rafa Benitez could have benefited from something like that. What is shocking is the chairmen getting directly involved.

I'm not sure whether this signing will turn out to be a success or not, Adebayor clearly has some talent, but he has a history of not getting on with people, he's quite inconsistent and I'm not sure he's exactly what Spurs need, I certainly think they could still do with another striker as long as they can keep hold of Modric.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:22 am

You telling me when Abramovich decides to buy Shevchenko with Jose Mourinho having no say on the matter when he expressed he didn't want him that isn't shocking? That's what I'm talking about. Same appears to be happening at Tottenham and it'll only be a matter of time before Harry starts making tremors with Levy's business decisions.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:26 am

Read the first paragraph again. Smile

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:30 am

I agree with you, and it can be good but more often than not it doesn't materialise like that.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down