The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Hardy signs 'long term' deal with TNA

+6
theundisputedY2D2
Nakatomi Plaza
talkingpoint
Marky
Kay Fabe
Dolphin Ziggler
10 posters

Go down

Jeff Hardy signs 'long term' deal with TNA Empty Jeff Hardy signs 'long term' deal with TNA

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 8 Feb - 5:51

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/75283/big-tnajeff-hardy-update.html?p=1

By Mike Johnson on 2013-02-07 22:31:09 TNA President Dixie Carter announced during Bellator MMA that current champion Jeff Hardy has been signed to a new "long term deal" by the company.
Carter also noted Hardy would return to Impact TV on 2/28 and would be with the company for a "long, long time."

Surprised? Thoughts?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Jeff Hardy signs 'long term' deal with TNA Empty Re: Jeff Hardy signs 'long term' deal with TNA

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 8 Feb - 8:19

Nah, can't say I'm overly surprised to be honest, after everything he went through I couldn't see WWE touching him again with a bargepole until he can prove longterm that he's past his demons, after years and years of pushing the self destruct I don't think 18 months clean was ever going to be enough, 4 years clean???? Then WWE might be interested.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Jeff Hardy signs 'long term' deal with TNA Empty Re: Jeff Hardy signs 'long term' deal with TNA

Post by Marky Fri 8 Feb - 8:21

Who says Jeff Hardy wanted to go back to the WWE?

He's clearly happy in TNA, spends a lot less time on the road in TNA, obviously well paid and is the current TNA World Champion.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 8 Feb - 8:30

Very fair point Marky, maybe its a tad presumptious to assume he'd jump at a return to the WWE, what I meant though was since I doubt they'd be interested in him right now it kinda limits his options

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 8 Feb - 8:51

I think Hardy will reward TNA for the faith they've showed in him through loyalty. I'm actually a little surprised he's signed a long term deal as I thought he might leave wrestling in a few years time; what with his side-projects and the nature of his high risk wrestling style I just can't see him wrestling into his forties.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 8 Feb - 9:00

The deal length is two years.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 8 Feb - 10:24

Damn when I saw 'long term deal' I thought we'd be seeing Jeff Hardy in his 60's performing a hideous version of a Swanton from the bottom rope.

I actually disagree with KF (respectfully of course Smile) in that I reckon the WWE would jump at the chance to have him back. I think being clean for 18 months, coupled with all the reports coming out of TNA since Hardy returned i.e. him being pretty much a model professional would be more than enough for WWE to be interested in him.

Conversely, I don't think Hardy himself would have had any interest in returning to WWE right now. I agree with talkingpoint that (from the outside looking in at least) Hardy would want to repay the faith that TNA have shown in him. In two years time, if all goes well and he wants to stay in wrestling I could see Jeff returning to WWE if they offered him the same Shawn Michaels type deal that was on the table in 2009.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 8 Feb - 12:49

If the deal is only two years then this is far more like what I expected; I personally think Jeff won't wrestle much past 38. I don't think Jeff would return to the WWE, it's clear he's not the Hogan, HHH, Sting, Flair type to be around the business forever. I think once he chooses to retire he'll retire. I believe Jeff still loves wrestling and it will always be a part of him but I think he has other passions, like Jericho, that he wants to pursue in the future.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 8 Feb - 13:39

Except while Fozzy are a decent rock band, Jeff Hardy can't sing at all. Laugh

The entrance themes that he sings and made himself with band were genuinely awful.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 8 Feb - 16:29

Crimey wrote:Except while Fozzy are a decent rock band, Jeff Hardy can't sing at all. Laugh

The entrance themes that he sings and made himself with band were genuinely awful.

Ahem. I've got Resurrected and Similar Creatures on my Walkman, thank you. You don't have to be a good singer in the conventional sense to be a good rock/metal singer. I agree Jeff is no Myles Kennedy but his voice works with his type of music IMO.

Back on topic, I agree with talkingpoint that he doesn't seem the type to stick around, once his time in the ring is over...and his time in the ring will be limited due to his high-risk style. Only so long you can keep punishing your body like he does.

Guess the lesson here is we should enjoy him while we can...

Last edited by dyrewolfe on Fri 8 Feb - 16:34; edited 1 time in total
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 8 Feb - 16:30

Each to their own I guess.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 8 Feb - 16:41

Jeffs band sucks at least jerichos band is good.

Hardy sucks want him no where near the E.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 8 Feb - 16:54

I enjoy Hardy as a performer, there are few who play the eternal underdog as well as Hardy and take the bumps he takes; and no matter how many times he hits it, the Swanton Bomb is still an impressive signature move.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 8 Feb - 17:11

I've never been a big fan of the Swanton Bomg but I'd definitely agree it puts an Exclamation Mark on Hardy's matches which is perfect from A storytelling prespective

I also agree that Hardy plays the convincing underdog better than almost anyone, however its not hard to imagine him winning though because he comes across as so wreckless that he'd risk his own well being for a win, I buy into that kind of psychology

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 8 Feb - 17:17

I'd be surprised if Jeff doesnt give it one more go with WWE. I think there is probably a few things he'd want to do again. Wrestle with his brother, have a real crack at headlining Wrestlemania, get the kind of respect and HoF legacy as Edge and make the retirement money that he would get out of a WWE return

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 8 Feb - 17:24

From his return till 2009 Jeff was argueably the best thing in the WWE.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 8 Feb - 19:26

well Jeff will more than likely be a TNA hall of famer! Expect him to be inducted the year he chooses not to renew his contract.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down