The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shane’s latest BBC Wales interview

+10
Biltong
nottins
doctor_grey
Gatts
Turkster
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
SimonofSurrey
Hood83
krusty
NewTraditionalHaka
14 posters

Go down

Shane’s latest BBC Wales interview Empty Shane’s latest BBC Wales interview

Post by NewTraditionalHaka Sat 27 Aug 2011, 6:42 am

“On our day ….”

No Shane

“On our day ….”

Shane, don’t.

“On our day ….”

Shaaane

“On our day ….

SHANE. NO!

“On our day we can beat anyone”

🤦

NewTraditionalHaka

Back to top Go down

Shane’s latest BBC Wales interview Empty Re: Shane’s latest BBC Wales interview

Post by krusty Sat 27 Aug 2011, 8:24 am

Except the All Blacks

krusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 27 Aug 2011, 6:53 pm

NewTraditionalHaka wrote:“On our day ….”

No Shane

“On our day ….”

Shane, don’t.

“On our day ….”

Shaaane

“On our day ….

SHANE. NO!

“On our day we can beat anyone”

🤦

Haha, brilliant

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sat 27 Aug 2011, 11:29 pm

Shane who?

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Aug 2011, 2:25 am

SimonofSurrey wrote:Shane who?

Hahaha. So funny five years ago plus even more. Where were you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 28 Aug 2011, 8:41 am

The Metro is much more oin the ball, they had a Ben Cohen interview.

This BBC bias has to stop though, all about Wales...not one mention of "our Johny" and his drop goal in that whole interview.

They might as well change it to the WBC

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Sun 28 Aug 2011, 9:39 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:The Metro is much more oin the ball, they had a Ben Cohen interview.

This BBC bias has to stop though, all about Wales...not one mention of "our Johny" and his drop goal in that whole interview.

that's lame Cyril, and you know it.

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:15 pm

Risca Rev: like Ben Cohen all those years ago, the reference to 'Shane' without a surname left me confused as to whether we were talking about Williams or Howarth.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sun 28 Aug 2011, 6:29 pm

Turkster wrote:
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:The Metro is much more oin the ball, they had a Ben Cohen interview.

that's lame Cyril, and you know it.

I don't think it's lame....sky seems dominated by England but to be fair the Beeb does seem to have more coverage of Wales....I guess it is because the Welsh camp loves to talk it up whereas Eng are definitely more cagey

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Sun 28 Aug 2011, 6:39 pm

so Shane Williams saying he'd love to go out with a winners medal translates to ' the Welsh camp loves to talk it up' to the average Englishman eh? Laugh

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 28 Aug 2011, 7:05 pm

Whats wrong with Shane (the man who needs no surname) saying he'd like to go out with a winner's trophy? Sounds good to me. Shane Warne has been a great Cricketer for a long time.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sun 28 Aug 2011, 7:22 pm

Turkster wrote:so Shane Williams saying he'd love to go out with a winners medal translates to ' the Welsh camp loves to talk it up' to the average Englishman eh? Laugh

Apparently, but since I am neither average or English I couldn't possibly comment. Very Happy

Please don't rely on the ambiguity in the reporting of this interview to defend Wales annoying habit of talking themselves up ad nauseam before games...it is usually my namesake making provocative comments, now SW says, and i sort of quote, i know you are going to laugh at me but i would love to get a winners medal.

i know all of you are going to laugh at ME but i too would love a winners medal too, chances of it happening are moderately worse than Wales on any sort of analysis you care to mention. But i am a passionate supporter of Wales and Shane and therefore i hope the little genius is right, everyone laughs at him when he picks up his RWC 2011 winners medal

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Sun 28 Aug 2011, 7:37 pm

you're Welsh?! my god I wouldn't have insulted you by calling you English if I'd known. Whistle

anyway, Gatland's always talked his team up, at Wasps and wherever else he's been, maybe it's the Kiwi in him, it doesn't translate as 'the Welsh camp' though, and Shaney boy saying he'd love to go out on a win is daydreaming par excellence. This thread/article whatever is obviously a wind-up/troll whatever and should be treated as such.

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sun 28 Aug 2011, 7:45 pm

Good luck to Shane Williams wanting to go out with a winners' medal. If he doesn't believe he might, there's no pojnt him getting on the 'plane to NZ. Cold hard logic, however, suggests he'd do very well indeed to go out as one of the first Welshmen in over a generation to have played in an RWC Semi-Final.

And before any of our friends west of the Severn start off on one again, let me add that I'm not that confident England will get that far, either.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Sun 28 Aug 2011, 10:52 pm

I'd say England have got a much better chance than Wales of getting that far, their record proves they're better at knockout Rugby and their group looks a damn sight easier, if they can avoid New Zealand in the quarters they've got it made, might even be worth the winding up from the Scots if they throw the game against them and let the Scots have the pleasure. Wink

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:05 pm

Shane has a better chance of winning a World cup medal than Dan Carter.

Dan Carter along with the rest of his mentally fragile team chums will be sitting in a padded room by the end of November curled up in a ball rocking sucking his thumb wondering were it all went wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:01 am

viewtothegym wrote:Shane has a better chance of winning a World cup medal than Dan Carter.

🤦

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:47 am

SimonofSurrey wrote:Risca Rev: like Ben Cohen all those years ago, the reference to 'Shane' without a surname left me confused as to whether we were talking about Williams or Howarth.

Unlike Ben's excuse, it's unlikely Shane Howarth would be interviewed with regards to Wales' chances in the World Cup. Telling jokes is obviously not your forté. It's fine though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 29 Aug 2011, 4:34 am

Turkster wrote:I'd say England have got a much better chance than Wales of getting that far, their record proves they're better at knockout Rugby and their group looks a damn sight easier, if they can avoid New Zealand in the quarters they've got it made, might even be worth the winding up from the Scots if they throw the game against them and let the Scots have the pleasure. Wink

Damn you , you're right. Manu England are shoo ins for the 1/4s, will batter france into submission and then take on either Aus or Wales...prob Aus. I have always thought Eng would make the final and with their current form and group run they will have so much momentum especially with Manu Tuilagi. they have proven RWC provenance and in my opinion with JW can run NZ close

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:59 am

I wonder whether england will start to lose a bit of Structure being Mano Samoa ............errr england
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:25 am

Lighten up Risca - it's not 'telling jokes', it's just tipping my hat to the endless cr@p poor Ben Cohen has had to suffer over the years for a genuine question, endlessly since misquoted out of context by those with an agenda. Once and for all, he was asked about 'Shane' after a match in which both Howarth and Williams had played, at a time when the latter was a promising newbie, no more. If you think I'm being over touchy, read this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/in_depth/2001/six_nations/england/1146116.stm

Re the Manu thing - if countries aren't allowed to select players who (regardless of their birthplace or ethnic origin) have been to school and learned their rugby in that land, then we're all acting under a false premise. I would however share the concerns of others over the current qualification rules which appear to allow players clearly of one country to switch allegiance merely in search of international rugby.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 11:10 am

Hartleys England will also struggle with Argentina.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 29 Aug 2011, 11:37 am

Risca Rev wrote:
SimonofSurrey wrote:Risca Rev: like Ben Cohen all those years ago, the reference to 'Shane' without a surname left me confused as to whether we were talking about Williams or Howarth.

Unlike Ben's excuse, it's unlikely Shane Howarth would be interviewed with regards to Wales' chances in the World Cup. Telling jokes is obviously not your forté. It's fine though.

Its unlikley anyone would be interviewed regarding Wales' chances of winning a world cup though, we already know the answer.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:09 pm

oh come on, the same lame rubbish time after time, I actually feel sorry for you. 🤦

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:41 pm

Thanks Turk, in return Ill feel sorry for you having to be Welsh. You could move and in a few years qualify to support someone else though, theres always that to cling to. You could always just claim to have an English grandparent, noone checks these things

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkster Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:04 pm

tell me Cyril, do you get off on trolling Welsh threads, you know? like really enjoy it, sort of hands down the front of your trousers job? you're a sad little man.

Turkster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:32 pm

less of the personal insults please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 29 Aug 2011, 6:02 pm

Oh now youre just trying to wind me up 🐑

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 7:37 pm

C'mon guys, let's just accept that we might as well be Martians as imagine any of our Welsh friends here being English or vice versa. I remember having to try on a 'Welsh Grand Slam Champions' which I was buying for a good Welsh mate about my size who lives abroad and whom I was going to visit. He laughed like a drain at the thought of me wearing that.

viewtothegym - if your Hartley comment is an allusion to his NZ roots, I'd agree that there are English players in our squad whose English connections are somewhat tenuous - see my previous contribution to this thread. But I don't think he's the chief culprit. And anyway he's in danger of missing out on a starting place in favour of the rejuvenated Steve Thompson. The latter's done enough to rid himself of the 'Barndoor' nickname and is running around the field again to great effect as befits a former English national rollerskating champion Run .

So let's remember we're in the Dew Drop Inn and keep it civil for the sake of the other patrons here...

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:59 pm

Manu who?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 30 Aug 2011, 6:29 am

The original premise of this thread was quite funny. Highlighting some of the classic cliches' that drive us fans nuts sometimes. "on our day, Y'know, take each game as they come, World class etc etc. Erm What a suprise its turned into a nottins v WLG post off.......
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:05 am

Great player Mr Williams is just think what he could have done if he had played for a big club in the HC!

Shame Shanes an Osprey Sad
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2011, 7:11 pm

Get him to play for Bath then they might win the HC again, it worked first time around when they heavily relayed Ieuan Evans.

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Tue 30 Aug 2011, 8:53 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler.

Fair question: I meant Manu Tuilagi, the current Leicester Tigers' Rugby Union player, not Manu Tuiasosospo, the 1970s/early 1980s Seattle Seahawks' American Football player. Though I see why you needed this one clarified - hope this helps Wink

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:49 am

Or Manu the famous soccerball team

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:19 am

Borthwick as captain used to get on my t1ts with his steady stream of deluded BS in post match interviews. After yet another howler, he would pronounce how proud of the team he was, how some of what they did was "world class", "looking at the positives".......we had just narrrowly beaten Argentina FFS! By three points without ever threatening to score a try FFS! Dont get me started on Robbo's post match interviews when he was manager....

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:35 am

I hate Shane Williams.

Seems a nice bloke though!

PSB - is the term 'Soccerball' patented or can anyone use it?

"Borthwick as captain used to get on my t1ts with his steady stream of deluded BS in post match interviews"

On the other hand, in a galaxy far far away and many years ago - our captains team talk in the changing rooms before a game was to tell us how absolutely crap we were, how pathetic we had been in the previous game, how crap we were as we didn't train enough and how generally worthless we were.

Self sustaining prophecy, we had a LONG run of losing games, ye gods, it was a wonder we ever turned up week in week out (although it was a small village with only one pub and two working mens clubs - not many places to go AWOL).

Thing was, he was a really good player, big aggressive and skilful lock forward, but he just shouldn't have been captain. So sometimes I can see where Borthwick and his scabby nose was coming from.

TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:43 am

maybe, but scabby nose or not, the point is that 75,000 people had just witnessed the game at the stadium and probably a few million on TV. All these people would be able to tell that old Borthers was either talking directly out of his bottom or that he was utterly deluded. Kind of like a crack head tramp asking you for ten pence and insistingthat he wasnt putting it towards his latest hit but instead going to invest it in his ISA.

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 4:23 pm

It might have been mind control by the scab - ever thought of that? Smile

To me he always looked a bit puzzled - probably wondering why he was trying to say "Yes we were dross, and I apologise to the English people, but we will try better next time" but what came out was - well, a load of blaah. Can't be too careful with scabs you know. Smile
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down