The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Webber signs new deal with Red Bull

3 posters

Go down

Mark Webber signs new deal with Red Bull Empty Mark Webber signs new deal with Red Bull

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug 2011, 8:32 am

Breaking news from twitter this morning is that Mark has signed a new deal to stay at Red Bull for the 2012 season.
Mark has said: "I want to continue racing at the top so it's a no-brainer to remain at Red Bull for another year."

More to follow as soon as we get it.........

Back to top Go down

Mark Webber signs new deal with Red Bull Empty Re: Mark Webber signs new deal with Red Bull

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug 2011, 9:49 am

From BBC Sport:

Mark Webber has extended his contract with the Red Bull team to the end of the 2012 season.

The Australian, 35 on Saturday, had been mulling his future but has decided he wants to continue in Formula 1 for at least another season.

Webber said: "I want to continue racing at the top in F1 so it's a no-brainer to remain at Red Bull for another year.

"My motivation to achieve the best results possible for both myself and the team is still very high."

Next year will be Webber's fourth at Red Bull alongside world champion Sebastian Vettel, and his sixth overall with the team he joined from Williams in 2007.

"Over the past five years, we have worked hard and proved that we can design and build a competitive and championship-winning car, and I'm looking forward to putting the car and myself on the limit again each and every race weekend in 2012."

Team principal Christian Horner said: "When we sat down and started talking about 2012, it was immediately obvious that Mark and the team wanted to continue our successful relationship.

"This meant agreeing an extension for 2012 was very straightforward.

"Mark knows the team well, having been with us since 2007, and his motivation, fitness and commitment is as high as it has ever been.

"The pairing of Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel is a very strong one, they push each other hard and we are extremely happy the pairing will remain unchanged for a fourth season."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14691284.stm

Back to top Go down

Mark Webber signs new deal with Red Bull Empty Re: Mark Webber signs new deal with Red Bull

Post by dyrewolfe Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:19 am

Slightly surprised by this news, but evidently Webber is happy to stick around.

From the interview Horner just gave during FP, he doesn't think Ricciardo is ready for a Red Bull seat yet. Though apparently they did come close to signing Tom Cruise! Laugh
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:29 am

Bonjourno!

Hardly surprised at all by this news. Did people really expect Red Bull to sign on the Hamilton Media Circus? Webber is a good safe option before they promote one of their up and coming youngsters. His race finishing management skills are excellent compared to other alternatives.

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 27 Aug 2011, 11:19 am

good to know after all where would have gone ? Ferrari seemed sure about not dropping Massa and Mark said he did not want to make up the numbers thus meaning he wanted a fast team and its his birthday today ..good present Wink

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat 27 Aug 2011, 12:12 pm

Only a 1-year extension though, so presumably RB are looking to replace him in the near future.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down