The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Webber - Grid Start

3 posters

Go down

Mark Webber - Grid Start Empty Mark Webber - Grid Start

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:40 am

After another great qualifying session Mark lets himself down yet again with a poor grid start.
This is happening on a regular basis now and something needs to be done about it.

Qualifying is one thing, but without a decent start off the grid all the work done on the previous day is for nothing.

Red Bull / Mark - Sort it out!

Back to top Go down

Mark Webber - Grid Start Empty Re: Mark Webber - Grid Start

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:15 pm

Bonjourno!

I seem to remember Damon Hill went through a phase of poor starts back in 1996. I'm sure it was the pressure of the occasion.

What does this have to do with Mark? Well I maybe wrong, but without research I would say he has the worst record against a team mate this season and the pressure on him to beat Vettel must be immense.

This has reflected in his performances as of late. I'm sure he will get over it as he is a better driver than people think. He just needs to build momentum going into next year. With confidence will come better results. He must be questioning himself at every little thing and nothing comes natural to him.

Forza Mark Webber 2012!

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 30 Sep 2011, 6:59 am

His starts have been woeful since near the end of last season. He has only maintained position once from the start this season, which is pretty shocking for someone who used to be quite quick off the start. I'm surprised this hasn't been highlighted more on commentary or in race reports, but it is a serious issue. One can only hope Red Bull and Webber are working to sort it out.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 30 Sep 2011, 10:22 am

He said as much in the post-race interview.

I think he just doesn't keep the revs up enough before the lights go out. On the onboard footage of his start at Monza (I think) you could hear the revs drop right down and he struggled to accelerate, while everyone else was flying past him.

You would think it would be a relatively simple thing to correct (to this armchair expert anyway). Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down