The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA issue with drugs

+4
AberdeenSteve
Celtic Warrior
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
ADMIN
8 posters

Go down

TNA issue with drugs Empty TNA issue with drugs

Post by ADMIN Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:14 pm

taken from http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Jimmy_Rave_I_Was_A_Complete_Drug_Addict_In_TN.php

Jimmy Rave is the latest wrestler to paint TNA Wrestling as a haven for drug abuse as he revealed in an interview this week that he was 'a complete drug addict' during his second stint with the organization, which occurred from August 2007 to February 2009.

Speaking to The Road to Mania Blog (http://maniaweekend.blogspot.com/), Rave said of his run as a member of The Rock 'n Rave Infection with Christy Hemme and Lance Hoyt: "My 2009 run, I was a complete drug addict to be honest. I didn't give a damn about wrestling because I just cared about scoring more pills and numbing myself. Which people probably could notice about what kind of shape I was in and how I looked and even my wrestling."

Rave returned to Ring of Honor following his dismissal from TNA (which was as a result of creative no longer having plans for him rather than his prolonged drug abuse), but it would not last. ROH cut ties with Rave in September 2009 due to his major addiction to drugs. He explains what he did next.

"In turn, I went to rehab, got a job as a director of a Wellness Center, and I now help people realize they throw everything away that they love when they start abusing drugs," Rave said. "My first run was amazing though. I learned so much and had the greatest times of my life there. I love the ROH product and a lot of the boys there have been my closest friends since I was 19."

Dustin Rhodes, who is known as Goldust in WWE, made a similar claim in his 2010 autobiography, Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness, as he revealed that he was severely addicted to painkillers during the same time frame in TNA; he was taking close to forty pills a day while performing as the split personality character Black Reign in 2007 and 2008. The second generation wrestler's issues with drug abuse culminated in April 2008 as he called WWE to take up their offer for rehab following a three-day binge. He remained locked away in a drug rehabilitation center for thirty days.

----------------------

Being as the likes of Jeff Hardy, Angle, RVD, Steiner, Shannon Moore and Brian Kendrick all work there is it really a shock?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

TNA issue with drugs Empty Re: TNA issue with drugs

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm more of a casual wrestling fan and have little knowedge of the buisness and I'm always stunned by the knowledge some on this board have. I'm shocked to hear Kendrick and Moore use drugs though.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:35 pm

prettyboykev wrote:I'm more of a casual wrestling fan and have little knowedge of the buisness and I'm always stunned by the knowledge some on this board have. I'm shocked to hear Kendrick and Moore use drugs though.

Not surprised by Shannon Moore in the slightest. He's tight with the Hardy's. Brian Kendrick has always seemed a little out there so it's not really a massive shock.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:44 pm

Do TNA just choose to ignore all their employees issues or is that they just don't care?

It is just a matter of time that someone on their books dies because of their negligence.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:51 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Do TNA just choose to ignore all their employees issues or is that they just don't care?

It is just a matter of time that someone on their books dies because of their negligence.

You mean like Eddie Guerrero and Benoit?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:55 pm

Hobo wrote:
AberdeenSteve wrote:Do TNA just choose to ignore all their employees issues or is that they just don't care?

You mean like Eddie Guerrero and Benoit?

I wouldn't get in to a Holly Wilaboobie for tat argument of TNA against WWE. They both have issues. It just seems that the cases in TNA are highly documented. Whether that is because of WWE guarding the info better, or their performers not being in to that sort of thing is anyones guess.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:58 pm

TNA sucks for their drugs policy.

Look what happened to that Diva who got no medical help and then got fired etc. Awful company - no denying it.

My point was that WWE are just as bad - dont pay any travel expenses/ hotels/ medical bills etc. They might be better than TNA but they are both terrible employers if your not headlining.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:43 pm

I'm not a wrestling fan at all but haven't there always been problems with drugs,particularly steroids,in wrestling?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Thomond wrote:I'm not a wrestling fan at all but haven't there always been problems with drugs,particularly steroids,in wrestling?

Yes huge problems, WWE try to portray nowadays that they've got it in check, they offer employees (and ex employees) a rehab service, say they have a Wellness Policy in place that checks wrestlers and if caught they get a strike against their name, fail 3 times and they're fired (or if they don't get help before the 3rd strike in some cases).
TNA though don't seem to have any cares with regards to drug usage, they employ anyone and don't assist those with issues.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Kendrick was known as a massive pothead in the 'E, he never gave a rats ass, he just paid the fines.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Pot is a bit different than abusing steroids unless he was using it when he was in the ring which is just dangerous.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:51 pm

He was known to be out of it in the ring. That's why his 'push' was derailed

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:43 pm

At the end of the day when some one dies on TNAs books its a case of learn the hard way. Thats the reason RVD and Jeff are there no screenings.

I know WWE shelve out a load for certain superstars travel expenses, you can guess who. And the E offer ex employees rehab they did buckle up after Eddie went upstairs.

I know Orton got done smoking weed in the back years ago, theres also an enjoyable video of him surrounded by a crowd and the only thing he says is "does anyone have a cigarette"

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:28 am

King Beer wrote:He was known to be out of it in the ring. That's why his 'push' was derailed

Like I said in the ring is downright stupid putting you and anyone else in the ring with you at risk should be a offence that comes with immediate sacking.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down