The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boys who arent respected in the back

+13
Buzzman
Gregers
NickisBHAFC
Bonesaw's ready
Beer
sodhat
Aaronb33
Ché Guerrero
ADMIN
Kay Fabe
Stonee21
Brady12
wheelchair1991
17 posters

Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 30 Aug 2011, 5:02 pm

on the back of a previous thread earlier who are the wrestlers who have/have had the least respect backstage

wheelchair1991

Posts : 2129
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 32
Location : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Brady12 Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:17 pm

Kevin Nash
Ultimate Warrior
David Otunga

Brady12

Posts : 1623
Join date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Brady12 Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:19 pm

Matt & Jeff

Brady12

Posts : 1623
Join date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Stonee21 Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:24 pm

JoMo - Batista & Melina thing
HBK - in the 90's for his attitude
Kendrick maybe

Stonee21

Posts : 298
Join date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 1:12 am

I'd say that while he probably wasn't well liked, Shawn Michaels would have been respected for his constant show stealing performances, whether they like them or not, pros who know what its like will more or less always respect a fellow pro for their performance/ability

Kay Fabe

Posts : 9685
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 41
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by ADMIN Wed 31 Aug 2011, 1:17 am

Agree, there's a huge difference between 'liked' and 'respected'.
I respect John Cena for the way he's made the most of his limited talents in the ring through his shire horse like work ethos, his willingness to be the WWE poster boy 24/7.
I don't overly like him though!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Posts : 13812
Join date : 2011-01-24

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 31 Aug 2011, 1:58 am

Mistico was (and, as he hasn't gone yet, still is) drawing nuclear heat backstage, apparently everyone views him as arrogant and begrudged him coming straight into the upper midcard. And also lazy for not learning English in order to connect with the fans. The botches just made his situation worse.

Of all time i would be tempted to say Dynamite Kid but he is highly respected for his in ring skills and contests, however as a person he is perhaps one of the most hated people in the wrestling industry from what i have read

Ché Guerrero

Posts : 813
Join date : 2011-05-05
Age : 31
Location : Depends

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Aaronb33 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:18 am

Scott Hall, no need to explain that one.
Kev Nash, again, well documented.
Goldberg, immature and not as tough as some may think.
JBL, just a bully.

Aaronb33

Posts : 428
Join date : 2011-02-22
Location : Wigan

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by sodhat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:04 am

Ché Guerrero wrote:Mistico was (and, as he hasn't gone yet, still is) drawing nuclear heat backstage, apparently everyone views him as arrogant and begrudged him coming straight into the upper midcard. And also lazy for not learning English in order to connect with the fans. The botches just made his situation worse.

Of all time i would be tempted to say Dynamite Kid but he is highly respected for his in ring skills and contests, however as a person he is perhaps one of the most hated people in the wrestling industry from what i have read

As far as I gleaned from Bret Hart's book, Dynamite was respected for being a legitimate tough guy backstage, even by Vince.

He did seem a man sausage though, yes.

sodhat

Posts : 22236
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 35
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Beer Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:51 am

Brady12 wrote:Kevin Nash
Ultimate Warrior
The Gaffer

Fixed for you.

Beer

Posts : 14734
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 39
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:57 am

Stonee21 wrote:JoMo - Batista & Melina thing
HBK - in the 90's for his attitude
Kendrick maybe

Is that because JoMo took Melina back?

wheelchair1991

Posts : 2129
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 32
Location : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by ADMIN Wed 31 Aug 2011, 11:02 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:
Stonee21 wrote:JoMo - Batista & Melina thing
HBK - in the 90's for his attitude
Kendrick maybe

Is that because JoMo took Melina back?

No it's because she took half the roster bareback.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Posts : 13812
Join date : 2011-01-24

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 11:03 am

ok lol

wheelchair1991

Posts : 2129
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 32
Location : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Stonee21 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:16 pm

Yeah she has been around to say the least and JoMo doesn't stand up for himself.

Gaffer I was saying respected as a man though I doubt many did, sure he was respected as a wrestler but as a man I doubt it.

Stonee21

Posts : 298
Join date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Bonesaw's ready Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:37 pm

Honkey Tonk Man.

X pac

Bonesaw's ready

Posts : 88
Join date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by ADMIN Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:45 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:ok lol

Are you fan of Sting's recent gimmick change?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Posts : 13812
Join date : 2011-01-24

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:47 pm

yh i used to watch the wrestling channel dno if anyone else remembers that channel and Honkey Tonk did interview with them and he seemed a douche then

wheelchair1991

Posts : 2129
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 32
Location : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 31 Aug 2011, 6:58 pm

Did Mr Mcmahon and Melina ever do anything ?

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11668
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:29 pm

probably, I'd bet Vince nailed most of the divas over the years

Kay Fabe

Posts : 9685
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 41
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Gregers Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:32 pm

Miz used to be hated.

He had to change in the public toilets/restrooms as JBL wouldn't let him into the Locker Room.

Miz vs JBL next years WM?

Gregers

Posts : 15025
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 33
Location : Brighton, England

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Buzzman Sun 04 Sep 2011, 4:02 pm

Miz used to be hated.

He had to change in the public toilets/restrooms as JBL wouldn't let him into the Locker Room.
WHAT! Are you serious? if so that is extremeley harsh. Miz has done well fir himself since though.

Buzzman

Posts : 279
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 30
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by User Name Sun 04 Sep 2011, 5:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb_jEMFoi_k

User Name

Posts : 747
Join date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by crippledtart Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:59 am

Bonesaw's ready wrote:Honkey Tonk Man.

X pac

X Pac is very highly respected throughout the industry. Honky may not be considered the toughest guy ever, but he's wrestled for decades all over North America and drew money. He is respected. John Morrison may be seen as a doormat in his personal life, but who the hell (wrestlers or fans) has the right to judge him and his relationship? The fact that he's made it to a decent place on the card for a number of years in the biggest wrestling promotion in the world means that he is, to some extent, respected by his colleagues.

Almost all wrestlers are respected to some degree by their colleagues. Just for getting through their wrestling training. Just for stepping in the ring. Obviously, Bret Hart is respected more than Barry Horowitz, but I think it's way off the mark to think most of the names you mention were not respected. The only ones who truly aren't respected are the ones who show a lack of humility or respect towards the industry. Bodybuilders and TV stars, especially, had better be respectful towards the industry or it will eat them alive.

I think the premise of this thread is for people to pretend they are really inside the industry. Wrestlers hate it when fans describe wrestlers as "boys"; it's seen as the ultimate in wannabe insider talk. You and I don't have the right to refer to them as "the boys" until we have travelled up and down highways sleeping four hours a night, only seeing our families two or three days a month if we're lucky.

Do I personally respect Kevin Nash? No. But it's incredulous to suggest he isn't respected in an industry he gave his knees, thousands of miles of travelling and over twenty years of his life to. He would never have got anywhere near a world title if he wasn't respected.

I think this thread seems more a (failed) attempt at proving how much individuals know about wrestling. As far as respect within the industry goes, most of you clearly know nothing.

crippledtart

Posts : 1947
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 44
Location : WCW Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by JoshSansom Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:45 am

So basically - those individuals who were successful within the ring, or had a long career were respected even if they weren't liked?

I suppose the analogy would be to one's boss - you may not like them, but more often than not you will respect their ability or dedication.

Would it therefore be fair to say that the guys who are not respected are the ones who had short careers, came in with some kind of reputation or left in acrimonious circumstances?

I do not profess to know anything about the inner workings of the business, though in this regard I could see individuals like Lesnar and Lashley being less respected because they left for pastures new, a fair assessment?

JoshSansom

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 36
Location : Devon (a.k.a. The Greatest Place In The World)

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by User Name Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:47 am

Shut up.

User Name

Posts : 747
Join date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by pauline1981 Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:49 am

crimson lol

pauline1981

Posts : 579
Join date : 2011-06-06
Location : None

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by crippledtart Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:04 am

JoshSansom wrote:So basically - those individuals who were successful within the ring, or had a long career were respected even if they weren't liked?

I suppose the analogy would be to one's boss - you may not like them, but more often than not you will respect their ability or dedication.

Would it therefore be fair to say that the guys who are not respected are the ones who had short careers, came in with some kind of reputation or left in acrimonious circumstances?

I do not profess to know anything about the inner workings of the business, though in this regard I could see individuals like Lesnar and Lashley being less respected because they left for pastures new, a fair assessment?

Generally speaking, that's a fair guess. But Lesnar was a particularly complicated example. I'm sure there are numerous wrestlers who feel he was mentally weak for not handling the schedule, and there are even more who probably resent him (whether they admit it or not) for having a better career and earning more money than them, even in such a short time. The fact that Lesnar was genuinely tough, and showed an incredible aptitude for pro wrestling, means that it would be difficult for anyone to say they don't respect him.

Lashley always seemed to me like someone who was respectful and willing to learn, plus he had a legitimiate wrestling background.

A better example would be a bodybuilder who is offered a job in wrestling because of his muscles, who then gets pushed to the top before he is ready, and shows no respect towards the industry and no desire to learn his craft, and wouldn't be able to tell you who Lou Thesz was. Wrestlers, rightly or wrongly, are highly offended by rookie colleagues who act like they are too good for the industry.

The reason The Miz rubbed people the wrong way is that he got his foot in the WWE door because he was on reality TV, not because of hard work and dedication. And once he got there, he acted like he'd made it to the big time and he was a huge deal. Over the last few years, he has gained respect because he took that initial criticism on the chin, and improved at his craft, and worked his way up the card.

Like I said earlier, it's about humility and showing respect towards the industry. If you don't posess both of those traits, you're likely to struggle. Lesnar arguably didn't have enough of either, but he was so damn talented.

I don't write the rules, and I don't agree with them always. In fact, I'm really not keen on the whole obsession with "respect", it seems a bit dated and shallow and it certainly encourages a bullying culture. But that's how wrestling works. And anyone who makes it as far as the WWE roster is infinitely more respected by their colleagues than you or I typing away on a keyboard, which is why I felt the need to comment on the inaccuracy of this discussion in the first place.

crippledtart

Posts : 1947
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 44
Location : WCW Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Bonesaw's ready Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:29 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:
Bonesaw's ready wrote:Honkey Tonk Man.

X pac

X Pac is very highly respected throughout the industry. Honky may not be considered the toughest guy ever, but he's wrestled for decades all over North America and drew money. He is respected. John Morrison may be seen as a doormat in his personal life, but who the hell (wrestlers or fans) has the right to judge him and his relationship? The fact that he's made it to a decent place on the card for a number of years in the biggest wrestling promotion in the world means that he is, to some extent, respected by his colleagues.

Almost all wrestlers are respected to some degree by their colleagues. Just for getting through their wrestling training. Just for stepping in the ring. Obviously, Bret Hart is respected more than Barry Horowitz, but I think it's way off the mark to think most of the names you mention were not respected. The only ones who truly aren't respected are the ones who show a lack of humility or respect towards the industry. Bodybuilders and TV stars, especially, had better be respectful towards the industry or it will eat them alive.

I think the premise of this thread is for people to pretend they are really inside the industry. Wrestlers hate it when fans describe wrestlers as "boys"; it's seen as the ultimate in wannabe insider talk. You and I don't have the right to refer to them as "the boys" until we have travelled up and down highways sleeping four hours a night, only seeing our families two or three days a month if we're lucky.

Do I personally respect Kevin Nash? No. But it's incredulous to suggest he isn't respected in an industry he gave his knees, thousands of miles of travelling and over twenty years of his life to. He would never have got anywhere near a world title if he wasn't respected.

I think this thread seems more a (failed) attempt at proving how much individuals know about wrestling. As far as respect within the industry goes, most of you clearly know nothing.

I was just passing on what I'd interpreted from the limited things I've read for the benefit of the OP. To be honest I couldn't imagine a cattier, more paranoid and insecure atmosphere than a wrestling locker room. Generally wrestlers seem to be paranoid that someone is stealing their spot, getting ahead without paying dues or they feel underappreciated in the wider word for competing in a predetermined sport. I honestly couldn't care less who is thought of highly in that kind of atmosphere.

Bonesaw's ready

Posts : 88
Join date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Bonesaw's ready Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:35 am

wider world*

Bonesaw's ready

Posts : 88
Join date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by crippledtart Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:46 am

I didn't mean to look like I was singling you out Bonesaw, I was going to just comment about X Pac but then I went off on one of my tangents.

I agree with you about the locker room atmosphere not being something that deserves glorification. Many of wrestling's biggest core problems are a very result of the insular mentality that permeates the industry.

It could be argued that Steve Austin, a wife-beater with an alcohol problem who spends his free time killing animals for fun, deserves far less respect than most people! Basing respect on traits that do not necessarily make someone a good person will always present a warped outlook on the world.

crippledtart

Posts : 1947
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 44
Location : WCW Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Gregers Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:27 pm

Buzzman wrote:Miz used to be hated.

He had to change in the public toilets/restrooms as JBL wouldn't let him into the Locker Room.
WHAT! Are you serious? if so that is extremeley harsh. Miz has done well fir himself since though.

Yeah, I know its awful.

Quote form the Miz (Source Adelaide Now)

“Nobody liked me, everyone wanted me fired and was trying to get me
fired. I’m in the WWE, and everyone there and the WWE Universe hates me.
It made me feel like I was walking on egg shells,” The Miz said of his
colleagues. “I got kicked out of the locker rooms, so I couldn’t find a
place to change or shower. I remember one time going down the corridor
to go to the (stadium’s public) bathroom and fans going `Oh my god,
that’s The Miz’ – thanks, I’m going to the bathroom next to a kid that
has my shirt on. It’s kind of belittling and humiliating. But it’s one
of those things that made me stronger and made me realize I could take
everything that anyone dishes.”

Gregers

Posts : 15025
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 33
Location : Brighton, England

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by JoshSansom Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:44 pm

With the kind of treatment that the Miz received, what would the relationship between management and the locker room be? I presume that he was seen as someone who at least had a chance at being a star (or else he wouldn't have been on the roster at all), so it surely couldn't have gone down well.

Does management leave them to it, even if their actions are to the potential detriment of the product and what would happen if the locker room disliked one of the managements pre-ordained "stars" could then get his push halted or would they tow the line like kids in the playground paying protection money?

JoshSansom

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 36
Location : Devon (a.k.a. The Greatest Place In The World)

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Bonesaw's ready Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:03 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:I didn't mean to look like I was singling you out Bonesaw, I was going to just comment about X Pac but then I went off on one of my tangents.

I agree with you about the locker room atmosphere not being something that deserves glorification. Many of wrestling's biggest core problems are a very result of the insular mentality that permeates the industry.

It could be argued that Steve Austin, a wife-beater with an alcohol problem who spends his free time killing animals for fun, deserves far less respect than most people! Basing respect on traits that do not necessarily make someone a good person will always present a warped outlook on the world.

No problem mate. I disagree that this is a pointless thread though. Whatever the intentions, it raises a few questions about how wrestlers 'status', for lack of a better word, affects how they are perceived to certain fans. The John Morrison example you cited earlier for instance. I think for people who place a lot of importance on backstage 'goings on' see him as a bit of a doormat and find it hard to connect with him as a performer as a result. I think in this mindset the lines between performer and person become blurred and people's perceptions on Morrison's private life colours how they view his character.

Personally when I regularly watched wrestling Bam Bam Bigelow to me was the scariest thing alive, he looked like he could eat my family. The fact that everything I've heard suggests that he was a likeable enough fella really wasn't relevant to me. When he stepped through the curtain he was a monster.

With the internet a far bigger factor in Wrestling these days and the end of kayfabe I think these kind of things become more of an issue.

Bonesaw's ready

Posts : 88
Join date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:21 pm

I totally agree with Davies on his opinion on X-Pac, the guy had/has so much talent it's impossible for him not to be respected, also in 1998 when he made that jump back to the WWF from WCW it was seen as a massive coup

Kay Fabe

Posts : 9685
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 41
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by ADMIN Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:24 pm

What about guys like Hardcore Holly?
Would he have been respected in the back for the manner in which he dealt with new guys in the ring?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Posts : 13812
Join date : 2011-01-24

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Bonesaw's ready Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:27 pm

Hero wrote:What about guys like Hardcore Holly?
Would he have been respected in the back for the manner in which he dealt with new guys in the ring?

I'd like to believe that bullying wouldn't gain you the respect of your peers but I'm not sure that's the case.

Bonesaw's ready

Posts : 88
Join date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

Holly like Bradshaw came from a time when that kind of thing was expected from the olderr guys, whether we think it was right or wrong they just did what they where taught

Kay Fabe

Posts : 9685
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 41
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by crippledtart Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:34 pm

JoshSansom wrote:With the kind of treatment that the Miz received, what would the relationship between management and the locker room be? I presume that he was seen as someone who at least had a chance at being a star (or else he wouldn't have been on the roster at all), so it surely couldn't have gone down well.

Does management leave them to it, even if their actions are to the potential detriment of the product and what would happen if the locker room disliked one of the managements pre-ordained "stars" could then get his push halted or would they tow the line like kids in the playground paying protection money?

I presume management's opinion would be that if you can't handle the locker room atmosphere you'll fail anyway. For the most part the wrestlers are left to it.

There's nothing to say that just because someone is bullied by their colleagues they can't also be pushed on TV. Indeed the bullying is often worse because they are pushed on TV. As long as the wrestler can still portray his character on TV, management frankly doesn't care how badly he might be treated backstage. Especially when the head of the company is such a jock bully himself.

If it got to the point where a wrestler was on the verge of walking out, they might consider intervening. But Vince McMahon wants his rookies to be tested, he wants to make sure they are truly dedicated to the business and they will do whatever it takes to make it to the top. Wrestling has always been a bit like the army; new recruits are tested to find out how well they can handle the pressure and how loyal they are to the cause. If they have big plans for the wrestler, all the more reason (in WWE's eyes) to see that wrestler tested.

crippledtart

Posts : 1947
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 44
Location : WCW Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Bonesaw's ready Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:35 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I totally agree with Davies on his opinion on X-Pac, the guy had/has so much talent it's impossible for him not to be respected, also in 1998 when he made that jump back to the WWF from WCW it was seen as a massive coup

Reason I cited X-Pac was based on what I'd read in 'Hitman' about how Hart believed he was only welcomed around HBK etc because they thought it was funny when he drank and made a fool of himself.

I can see how it's not very balanced to take Hart's view alone on how a guy is seen in a group of friends Hart himself isn't part of. I'm sure you guys are like me, when your with your friends you might give one a hard time about his haircut, dress sense etc which to an outsider could seem like disrespect but within the group dynamic its all taken in good spirit.

Bonesaw's ready

Posts : 88
Join date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Bonesaw's ready Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:38 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Holly like Bradshaw came from a time when that kind of thing was expected from the olderr guys, whether we think it was right or wrong they just did what they where taught

That's the crux of it. It just creates a cycle of bullying victims becoming bullies themselves. I can't help but think this is a problem that can be solved by charity bracelets. Wear your principles on your wrists guys

Bonesaw's ready

Posts : 88
Join date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:44 pm

When Hogan decided he wanted to be a Wrestler they broke his leg to see if he had the balls/stupidity to return, no-ones quite sure if thats more legend than fact, Hogan is on record though of admitting telling the Iron Sheik to break Warrior's leg because he wasn't going to work SummerSlam

Kay Fabe

Posts : 9685
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 41
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by pauline1981 Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:50 pm

hogan rules sting sucks

pauline1981

Posts : 579
Join date : 2011-06-06
Location : None

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:58 pm

Are you not meant to suck a sting

Kay Fabe

Posts : 9685
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 41
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 05 Sep 2011, 6:07 pm

pauline1981 wrote:hogan rules sting sucks
laughing


NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11668
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Boys who arent respected in the back Empty Re: Boys who arent respected in the back

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum