The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mick Vella to hang up his boots at the end of the season

4 posters

Go down

Mick Vella to hang up his boots at the end of the season Empty Mick Vella to hang up his boots at the end of the season

Post by Kenny Thu 01 Sep 2011, 2:12 pm

Hull KR captain Mick Vella (33 )has said he will hang up his boots at the end of the season , he said his mind was made up for him as he has not been offered a new contract by Rovers and that no other club has shown an interest . Vella also said he had wanted to play on next season but no-one is willing to give him a chance .

Mick has been a great signing for Hull KR both on and off the field , and i for one would like to thank him for all his efforts . If Mick does want to play on then i wish him well and hope a club comes in for him .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Mick Vella to hang up his boots at the end of the season Empty Re: Mick Vella to hang up his boots at the end of the season

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 01 Sep 2011, 7:57 pm

this isnt the Michael Vella that played for Parra is it?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Mick Vella to hang up his boots at the end of the season Empty Re: Mick Vella to hang up his boots at the end of the season

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:35 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: this isnt the Michael Vella that played for Parra is it?
It is. He seems to been around Donkey's years. I wish him all the best in his retirement.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:51 pm

George h 95
He would have to be more then 33 surely. Didn't he have cancer as well about 5 years ago.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 9:43 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: George h 95
He would have to be more then 33 surely. Didn't he have cancer as well about 5 years ago.
I think he was quite young when he made his debut in the NRL, but i must admit i thought he was older than 33.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 01 Sep 2011, 10:48 pm

It gives his date of birth as 19th feb 1978 , and his NRL debut as 1998 so he has been around awhile . He had treatment for thyroid cancer in 2005 and his doctors said he was in full remission a year later .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:44 am

It's a shame, but i wish in well fot whatever his future holds,and also to thank him for his contrubution to Rovers both on and off the field.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down