The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results of the NRL fans survey

3 posters

Go down

Results of the NRL fans survey Empty Results of the NRL fans survey

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 10:47 pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/fan-survey-all-the-results/story-e6frexnr-1226127577539
Some interesting results have turned up on this suvey in my opinion.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Results of the NRL fans survey Empty Re: Results of the NRL fans survey

Post by Pal Joey Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:41 pm

Yes very interesting. Maybe a little Sydney-centric? but also shows that most fans only want the best product available at a fair and reasonable price, and without all of the controversies which seem to be plaguing the game in the modern era.

Interesting that most favour a transfer window system and further expansion of the comp. Also, the abolition of the salary cap is an interesting one - is it worth risking the dominance of a few rich clubs at the demise of some of the older poorer ones? Maybe just raise the cap incrementally each year?

The ARL and NRL have tried hard to please the people (maybe some Bears & Jets supporters might disagree) by consolidating certain clubs in the competition. Could this all be undone if the glass ceiling is removed?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 03 Sep 2011, 12:29 am

linebreaker
Thanks for that,a lot of it is probably what one would expect..but two points
On the expansion of the competition issue,and we ourselves made some comments on it here last week, But do you not think before expansion becomes the adopted route should the issue of relocation be studied first,not just the clubs that are struggling in Sydney (sharks)at the moment but also the possibility of bringing some of the old Clubs back into the fold,and I'm thinking of the Bears here.

On a competely differnt point, How can 13,000 expect the broadcaster to transmit all games live?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Sep 2011, 12:38 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: linebreaker
Thanks for that,a lot of it is probably what one would expect..but two points
On the expansion of the competition issue,and we ourselves made some comments on it here last week, But do you not think before expansion becomes the adopted route should the issue of relocation be studied first,not just the clubs that are struggling in Sydney (sharks)at the moment but also the possibility of bringing some of the old Clubs back into the fold,and I'm thinking of the Bears here.

On a competely differnt point, How can 13,000 expect the broadcaster to transmit all games live?

I think that once we are over 18 clubs we may as well get 6 more and split into 2 divisions, laurie. The more we have in one comp there more lopsided it will get. Living right here in Bears territory, I would love to see them back in the NRL (even though I was born in Manly and follow them), along with Newtown. We could even get a few more Jim Beam Cup clubs like Ryde-Eastwood, etc in a two tier comp along with regional sides and more teams like Ipswich, Rocky, Bundaberg, etc.

About the live games... I suppose that would mean they can't have two matches on at the same time, or like now... use the red button and watch one, then the other immediately after. Sometimes (eg. Sat night - we get that, plus cricket, PL matches)... so 4 matches at once! Good to have a choice but you never get away from the bloody TV!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:51 am

too true, once you get to 18 teams you have to look at conferences ie S15.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:30 am

Great game this afternoon between the Broncos and Manly. The finals should be fantastic. Can't wait.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down