The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are your top 3 Man of Steel contenders upto now ?

+2
Luke
Kenny
6 posters

Go down

Who are your top 3 Man of Steel contenders upto now ? Empty Who are your top 3 Man of Steel contenders upto now ?

Post by Kenny Sat 03 Sep 2011, 2:00 am

Who would you have in your top 3 Man of Steel list this season upto now ?

mine are ..................... Sam Tomkins , Steve Menzies and Micheal Monaghan
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Who are your top 3 Man of Steel contenders upto now ? Empty Re: Who are your top 3 Man of Steel contenders upto now ?

Post by Luke Sat 03 Sep 2011, 5:36 am

. Personally would also add Chase, Roby and Buderus and Westwood as well, though there are probably a few more that i cannot think of right now

Tomkins should probably win it, although juding by some of the previous winners (Richards, really), it could be anyones guess.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Who are your top 3 Man of Steel contenders upto now ? Empty Re: Who are your top 3 Man of Steel contenders upto now ?

Post by Kenny Sat 03 Sep 2011, 12:19 pm

Monaghan would be my pick as i think he's been brilliant for Warrington this season , but do think for him to win it Warrington will have to win the Grand final as the voting is strange .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

Thomas Leulieu (without a doubt the heartbeat of the Wigan team)
Sam Tomkins
Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 03 Sep 2011, 3:29 pm

Good shout on Leulieu dont think he's had the credit this season with Tomkins grabbing the headlines .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Sep 2011, 4:20 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Who would you have in your top 3 Man of Steel list this season upto now ?

mine are ..................... Sam Tomkins , Steve Menzies and Micheal Monaghan

Now you're talking mate... a couple of ex-Manly players. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:36 am

Monaghan is looking good but not sure how the voting will go
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 2:37 am

Rangi Chase, Sam Tomkins and Danny Brough.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:06 pm

Cant see the winner coming from a team that doesn't get to the GF to be honest .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:32 pm

In the running at the moment for me are Gareth Carvell, Sam Tomkins and Michael Monaghan

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 24 Sep 2011, 12:43 am

[quote="davidl1061"]In the running at the moment for me are Gareth Carvell, Sam Tomkins and Michael Monaghan[quote ]

I would put James Graham in the mix aswell , he's getting talked about alot and with him leaving Superleague he may get votes
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:25 pm

So its out of Roby, Tomkins and Chase, who does everyone want to win, hopefully its Chase

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:47 pm

Cant believe Monaghan isn't in it ,

Hope Chase wins but think it will be Tomkins
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:52 pm

I would be very surprised if Tomkins doesnt win it! Possibly Roby if Saints get to the grand final and Wigan dont?

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:40 am

Do they name the Man of Steal before or after the Grand final i cant remember ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:57 am

As a rule its before the Grand Final.
The RFL have nominated Rangi Chase, James Roby and Sam tomkins for this years award.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:48 pm

I haven't been able to take the Man of Steel seriously since Roby won it when he was effectively a sub most of the season.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:27 pm

To be honest i agree with you ReallyReal , i know i dont see a lot of Saints games and he maybe brilliant in most of them but the games on sky and the game against HullKR Roby hasn't done alot for me to warrant being in the 3 picks, if anything the stand out Saints player that ive seen this season has been James Graham .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

Hopefully Chase who has been brilliant in a decent but not great side.
Tomkins will win it probably, because if you listen,watch or read about Wigan games, nobody else plays for them.

Though agree with the comments about how rubbish this is, i lost intrest when in 2006 Briers was by far the best player in the league, and wasn't in the final 3.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 3:04 am

To be honest i know he's not everybodys favorite cup of tea, but in my opinion Sam Tomkins is the best player in Super League by quite a way. It would be nice if Rangi Chase were to win it, as he plays for a so called smaller club.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:45 am

Tomkins is a brilliant player, there is no doubt about that.
The thing that annoys me is his arragont attitude, and his blantant cheating.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:00 pm

Am hoping it's Chase who wins it, but think it's between him and Tomkins.

The only reason I keep hearing for Roby being in contention is that it's his 1st season without Cunningham which is a pretty poor reason to be nominated. He's a good player but will never understand how a hooker can't play 80mins when a half back and stand off do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:48 am

I do in someway feel sorry for Tomkins , hes obviously a very talented player who could go on to a great player but he just winds so many people up that i dont think he gets the credit he deserves . Think hes nailed on to win it .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:40 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:I do in someway feel sorry for Tomkins , hes obviously a very talented player who could go on to a great player but he just winds so many people up that i dont think he gets the credit he deserves . Think hes nailed on to win it .

Thing I've found is everyone agrees that he's a talented player, but he takes the shine of it himself with his little antics. It'ss annoying that he'll hold on to a player when tackled either by pinning the guys arm down or by wrapping his legs round him and the Referee and worse the Sky Sports commentators won't pick up on it but the guy sat all the way of the back at the stand can see it.

If he didn't have these as part of his game everybody would be saying that he deserves to win man of steel but instead everyone is saying they hope he doesn't win it and he's got no one to blame but himself.

He cuts out the theatrics and he could go down as one of the greatest ever. But unfortunately people are prone to remember the bad more than the good.

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 01 Oct 2011, 3:08 am

I hate to say this as Sam Tomkins is a very talented player, but as far as much officals and Sky sports commenters are concered Sam Tomkins is fireproof.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down