The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telephone Scam - be warned!

Go down

Telephone Scam - be warned! Empty Telephone Scam - be warned!

Post by Adam D Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:16 am

I just had a call centre call me up claiming to be working for my internet server provider. They had my name and number and addressed me accordingly.

They claimed the reason why my internet is sometimes slow was due to viruses on my PC.

I obviously knew it was a scam but played along for a little while.

I asked them how to fix them and they told me I needed to go to their site "teamview"

So I googled it first, and sure enough its a scam where they download software to your PC. I called sky to warn them of people representing them and they said that a lot of people in Scotland have been calling up about it.

So I thought I would make you all aware of it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Telephone Scam - be warned! Empty Re: Telephone Scam - be warned!

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2011, 6:52 pm

I was browsing and came across this thread OK

Interesting - this is the first time I have heard of this one. Where was the "call-centre" - off-shore somewhere?

Thinking about it, more and more of our details are probably being stored off-shore as companies become multi-national sub-contractors trying to cut down on costs etc. Company lists of customers and telephone numbers are themselves profitable and can be sold on to other companies (etc) for money. Normally you have to opt out of this type of arrangement.

Back to top Go down