The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The scam in West Ham!

+21
jammin
Valero's Conscience
Herman Jaeger
Seanusarrilius
ShahenshahG
The Galveston Giant
Josef K.
PPVxHOTTY
TopHat24/7
manos de piedra
Rowley
88Chris05
School Project
rycoys
sweet_pea
Sugar Floyd Louis
bellchees
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
eddyfightfan
azania
ONETWOFOREVER
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The scam in West Ham! Empty The scam in West Ham!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 08 May 2012, 10:03 pm

I urge anyone taken in by the Haye v Chisora fight to NOT spend you're hard earned money on this farcical, comedic, con of a fight. Please do not forget the Harrison fight. How we was lulled in by the apparent bad blood between the 1 time friends Haye and Harrison. We all know how that fight transpired don't we.

We complain about the current state of boxing so lets not willingly aid the destruction of our beloved sport by hyping and funding a fight between 2 fighters who have shamed boxing 1 way or the other. I hope that the only people who fork out to watch this rubbish will be those people who have no interest in boxing and were only excited at the scenes of Haye and Chis scrapping in Germany shown on London tonight.

I say as fans (and believe me we are a rare breed) we should turn our backs on this joke and let it be the circus it already is.

Anyone agree? or have you all SOLD OUT!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

The scam in West Ham! Empty Re: The scam in West Ham!

Post by azania Tue 08 May 2012, 10:10 pm

I'm going to buy a ticket and watch it.

How on earth does it destroy boxing? More people will want to watch it which is a good thing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 08 May 2012, 10:17 pm

im thrilled this fight was made, if the bad blood was settled inside the ring more often boxing would be a better sport. i also have to admit the scrap didnt offend me whats so ever, infact it made me laugh, nothing worse than what you see on a friday night down down these days. theres always been incidents like this in boxing with such egos involved. there only human and decided to make there living punching and been punched in the face- people attracted to that live wont all be angels, we have to accept that.

and i think chisora would be offended to be compared to harrison, i actually think he'll beat haye.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 08 May 2012, 10:17 pm

I was willing to pay to see burns-Mitchell at upton park for the same price. Given a lot of sources say that fight could very well be on the undercard, as well as povetkin-rahman and being a west ham fan, I'm happy and excited about getting a ticket

This isn't Haye-Harrison. Say what you want about chisora but he ISNT going to sit back and get a payday. He went to the backyards of helenium an vitali and gave as good as he could get in both fights.

There is bad blood, they don't like each othe rand that was a proper punch by Haye, it wasn't a WWE punch. It was legit so you know that this won't be Haye-harrison II

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 08 May 2012, 10:18 pm

Forget all of the nonsense with the fight in Germany and the mess with the match being sanctioned via the Luxembourg boxing federation and just look at this as a competitive boxing match that makes sense for both fighters. Anyone who bought Haye vs Harrison was always going to be disappointed because it was a horrible mismatch, not because of the fake bad blood pre fight hype it was the difference in quality of the 2 fighters that made it possibly the worst Heavyweight world title fight ever.

Haye vs Chisora will be competitive and personally I'll take that along with all of the ridiculous pre fight antics that will take place over Wlad vs Mormeck any day, boxing needs more competitive fights.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue 08 May 2012, 10:18 pm

If it was on Sky for free I would've watched... but it's on boxnation so online viewing for me.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Tue 08 May 2012, 10:22 pm

wats wrong with this fight? brawls happen in boxing ALL the time and fights still go ahead..... tyson, ali, barerra spring to mind. or are you new to boxing?
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 08 May 2012, 10:24 pm

Some are on a Mary Whitehouse style moral crusade and actually believe that people who take punches in the head for a living should always act in a gentrlemanly manner.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Tue 08 May 2012, 10:26 pm

im looking forward to it , should be a good night , and haye to win ko inside 6 !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 08 May 2012, 10:27 pm

even lewis, he certainly isnt looked at in a bad way.

boxings golden boy, mayweather is going to prison and was still allowed to fight. neither haye or chisora have been charged with a crime. got to be fair about these things.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 08 May 2012, 10:27 pm

Haye vs Chisora, plus Mitchell vs Burns and throw in Povetkin vs Rahman and a few more fights on one card?

And we usually complain about a lack of an undercard usually. I'll be watching it.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue 08 May 2012, 10:28 pm

sweet_pea wrote:wats wrong with this fight? brawls happen in boxing ALL the time and fights still go ahead..... tyson, ali, barerra spring to mind. or are you new to boxing?

It's the fact that the BBBC are being undermined... + some feel they should've been punished, all other sports are strict and with our sport being fringe at the minute this doesn't really help. Though then again with the coverage the brawl had, more casual fans WILL be drew in soo...

Imagine Terry gets charged for racism this summer and gets a 10 game ban, but serves 2, people would go mad.

Personally, I don't care Laugh I wan't to see them fight and think it's good we could have a hyped British fight but I can see why some people are peed off by this.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 08 May 2012, 10:30 pm

So explain the Haye Harrison fiasco the?

I spent good money to watch what I was assured would be a real war between 2 bitter enemies but what I saw was 1 man seemingly AFRAID to fight and another whispering "now" right before the big guy hit the floor.

YOU ARE ALL SELL OUTS.

ENJOY!

FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON.......

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 08 May 2012, 10:30 pm

The only good thing to come from this is that the loser, I hope, will be banished from the business end of the Heavyweight division for the forseeable future, although forever would be better.

Haye, an egotistical and classless character who treats the fight game public like a bunch of idiots. Chisora, a blatant thug who literally has no other credentials for such a huge amount of attention and coverage other than being a loud-mouth moron. Let's be honest, it's certainly not because of his fighting abilities, which are serviceable at best in the grand scheme of things.

Sure, it'll attract some new 'fans.' I'm also willing to bet that most of them will be of a similar ilk to the two combatants in question, the kind who probably think that Sonny Liston was married to Cher, the kind who laud the pathetic spectacle that Haye and Chisora put on in Germany, and the kind who, as soon as this episode is out of the way, will quickly drift back to following other sports with boxing set aside on the periphery once more.

The fight makes a mockery of the BBBoC, highlights the desperate need for a global and universally-recognised governing body and is, in reality, nothing more than one fair Heavyweight and one simply average one squaring off, with the God-awful line of "bad blood" being used to dress it up as something more than that.

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 08 May 2012, 10:32 pm

The BBBC could organise a p up in a brewery. There was supposed to be a hearing on Monday but they pushed it back. This is a man's living they are messing with.

It should be abolished and another started from scratch.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 May 2012, 10:33 pm

So does that mean we should put you down as a maybe Chris, let me know when you make your mind up, we could probably share a car, save a bit on petrol, nottingham is on my way after all.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 08 May 2012, 10:33 pm

88Chris05 wrote:The only good thing to come from this is that the loser, I hope, will be banished from the business end of the Heavyweight division for the forseeable future, although forever would be better.

Haye, an egotistical and classless character who treats the fight game public like a bunch of idiots. Chisora, a blatant thug who literally has no other credentials for such a huge amount of attention and coverage other than being a loud-mouth moron. Let's be honest, it's certainly not because of his fighting abilities, which are serviceable at best in the grand scheme of things.

Sure, it'll attract some new 'fans.' I'm also willing to bet that most of them will be of a similar ilk to the two combatants in question, the kind who probably think that Sonny Liston was married to Cher, the kind who laud the pathetic spectacle that Haye and Chisora put on in Germany, and the kind who, as soon as this episode is out of the way, will quickly drift back to following other sports with boxing set aside on the periphery once more.

The fight makes a mockery of the BBBoC, highlights the desperate need for a global and universally-recognised governing body and is, in reality, nothing more than one fair Heavyweight and one simply average one squaring off, with the God-awful line of "bad blood" being used to dress it up as something more than that.

So you will be watching it then,.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue 08 May 2012, 10:34 pm

88Chris... same could be said of Manny-Floyd.. if this was to happen as much as it has the potential to bring in sooo many casual fans, it doesn't guarantee they won't all go back and forget about boxing.

We should just appreciate whenever there's a fight that could get huge coverage, whether or not the 'plastic' or 'casual' fans stay shouldn't be a worry in my opinion.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 08 May 2012, 10:35 pm

azania wrote:The BBBC could organise a p up in a brewery. There was supposed to be a hearing on Monday but they pushed it back. This is a man's living they are messing with.

If Chisora had a brain, then maybe he'd have not acted like such a pillock throughout the whole Vitali affair - and then the BBBC wouldn't have had to infringe on his ability to earn.

Just a thought, Az.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 08 May 2012, 10:39 pm

[quote="azania"][quote="88Chris05"]The only good thing to come from this is that the loser, I hope, will be banished from the business end of the Heavyweight division for the forseeable future, although forever would be better.

So you will be watching it then,.

Now this is a boxing fan well said chris. If you guys want to see 2 lumps slobber over each other in a classless affair then shave you're heads, adorn yourself with a few tatoos ad say hello to UFC.

On the other hand if you respect the centuries old art of pugilistic combat the say NO to Haye and Chisora.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 08 May 2012, 10:40 pm

haye has agreed to step into the ring and agreed to fight, so credit to him- i didnt think he would take the fight. and chisora was unlucky to not become european champ against helenius, a top contender, he gave vitali the toughest fight for years and proved his world class chin. he lost to fury fair enough, but it was his fitness that let him down, he nearly had him in the 2nd but could keep up in the later rounds. he seems to have overcome those problems now and i think his busy style and solid chin is a recipe for sucess

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 08 May 2012, 10:41 pm

I dont get the whole "earning a living argument" amongst other things. My local Tesco is hiring at the moment if Chisora is really stuck.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 08 May 2012, 10:44 pm

sod that im sure loose woman would love him as a guest

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 08 May 2012, 10:45 pm

School Project wrote:Haye vs Chisora, plus Mitchell vs Burns and throw in Povetkin vs Rahman and a few more fights on one card?

And we usually complain about a lack of an undercard usually. I'll be watching it.

is mitchell burns confirmed on the undercard?? floor seats at £100, sorely tempted! no comparison with haye-fraudley for all the reasons already stated above.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 08 May 2012, 10:47 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:So explain the Haye Harrison fiasco the?

I spent good money to watch what I was assured would be a real war between 2 bitter enemies but what I saw was 1 man seemingly AFRAID to fight and another whispering "now" right before the big guy hit the floor.

YOU ARE ALL SELL OUTS.

ENJOY!

FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON.......

or you were just a mug, and are still bitter about being mugged off. no offence.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 08 May 2012, 10:48 pm

and i think his busy style and solid chin is a recipe for sucess....

Actually a busy style and solid chin are a recipe for disaster against Haye who only throws haymakers.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 08 May 2012, 10:50 pm

Mitchal v Burns deserves to be headlining this night of boxing, I could see Haye v Chisora every Friday night down the west end.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 08 May 2012, 10:53 pm

The BBBoC are a bit of a joke anyway so I honestly don't care that they have been completely ridiculed here. The top officials and judges in this country are truly horrific and until the BBBoC sort themselves out I have no problem with people just ignoring them.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 08 May 2012, 10:54 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
azania wrote:The BBBC could organise a p up in a brewery. There was supposed to be a hearing on Monday but they pushed it back. This is a man's living they are messing with.

If Chisora had a brain, then maybe he'd have not acted like such a pillock throughout the whole Vitali affair - and then the BBBC wouldn't have had to infringe on his ability to earn.

Just a thought, Az.

He hasn't got much of a brain, that's why he's a boxer and that's why boxers are the first to get ripped off. The BBBC should also take a close look at themselves in that they literally gave the green light for such an eventuality. To suggest otherwise would display incredible naivety on their part.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 08 May 2012, 10:55 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Mitchal v Burns deserves to be headlining this night of boxing, I could see Haye v Chisora every Friday night down the west end.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 08 May 2012, 10:56 pm

bellchees wrote:The BBBoC are a bit of a joke anyway so I honestly don't care that they have been completely ridiculed here. The top officials and judges in this country are truly horrific and until the BBBoC sort themselves out I have no problem with people just ignoring them.

clap clap

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Tue 08 May 2012, 11:18 pm

Great example these two are setting for the future crop of boxers, absolute disgrace but guess what, I want to see them get it on lol. Warren is the only winner out of all of this farce £££££.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 08 May 2012, 11:22 pm

Warren has really made fools out of the BBBC. But I wonder what the ramifications will be for him and his stable. Will the relationship have been badly damaged and have consequences?

Maybe Warren will be getting a Luxembourg Boxing Commissions promoters licence when his time for renewing his current one is up!

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Tue 08 May 2012, 11:28 pm

Do you not think there's a chance the BBBofC might have had words with Warren about this? They undoubtedly would have known about the EU trade rule when they chose to suspend as opposed to ban Chisora.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 08 May 2012, 11:35 pm

I honestly dont know. Nothing much surprises me in boxing and the line between incompetance and corruption/mal fides in the sport is constantly blurred to me.

It would seem at best the BBBC should have been aware that having an alternative EU licence meant one could fight in the UK. They must deal with it all the time with foreign fighters who come over. So whether they knew their suspension would have little or no effect in reality, and they just wanted to be seen to act or whether somebody in there just didnt think it through means I am not sure.

But even for a fight as potentially juicy as Haye/Chisora is for Warren it does seem a bit of a high risk move if he genuinely believed by following through with it he would ostracize and destroy his relationship with the BBBC completely. Maybe the BBBC dont really care behind the scenes but want to maintain a public image of condemning it. It wouldnt really surprise me.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 09 May 2012, 12:22 am

I think the BBBC had to act due to the publicity the brawl attracted, i don't think they are that bothered and the fight hasn't made the news, and only made small columns in the papers, all is forgoten it seems.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 May 2012, 2:07 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:I think the BBBC had to act due to the publicity the brawl attracted, i don't think they are that bothered and the fight hasn't made the news, and only made small columns in the papers, all is forgoten it seems.

Has made the news mate - they were alittle late picking it up by both sky news and bbc have got it going on the tabs + daily mail telegraph guardian had it main stuff on website. peterson got less coverage strangely

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 09 May 2012, 3:13 am

I'm seeling out like cupcakes. This is a fight of intrigue, what else could we ask for? I can't fault it. Sure they did some crazy stuff in the fatherland. Sure Del Boy threatened to give two slaps, then to shoot and burn. Sure Haye is an arse. But it's a fight on British soil in front of 35,000 Cockneys. With a good undercard to boot. I'm in.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 09 May 2012, 4:13 am

Is this Haye's way of ducking Huck?

Seriously though, catchy heading but a little harsh. I've always liked this fight, it looks competitive and both fighters(as in any grudge match,) will want to win. Which could make for an explosive spectacle.

As someone already said, the BBBC couldn't give a toss, why would they, had to act due to the publicity. Water off a duck's back to most fans, all part of the entertainment. And the crowd will always love a grudge fight. Shamed the sport don't make me laugh.

Haye has the speed advantage, but this is his second hardest test at the weight. Chisora is relentless and game. And the bigger man. Will the Zimbabwian bruiser be able to get off his unheralded right hand to the body(quite a punch, and one which put Vitaly Klitschko on the back foot for an entire twelve rounds and damn near took the steam out of the giant Ukranian,) against a more mobile target? With the merest hint that Chisora carries a slight mental edge into the fight, I think we can look forward to a fun-packed build up.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 09 May 2012, 8:31 am

I'm very pleased about this fight, it will get a lot of hype, probably the most for a domestic scrap since Eubank/Benn so what's not to like?

I was never one to be that bothered about Chisora's antics so couldn't care less about the morality of it.

Warren and co. have the opportunity of a huge UK fight, broadcasted at a decent time and if they stack the undercard it could be really good for boxing in the UK.

Shame it sounds as though Mitchell vs Burns may not be on the night as that would complete the night!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 9:08 am

I guess if there's going to be violence between these two guys then it's better for them to settle it inside the ring rather than outside of it.

If it's on the wireless then I'll listen in. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Wed 09 May 2012, 9:12 am

We are boxing fans, hype is our kryptonite! This is local for me so i'm looking to get tickets to see it live!

Can't wait!

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 09 May 2012, 9:39 am

alma wrote:Just a shame it's on boxnation so less than 100,000 people will get to watch it as opposed to a Tyson fury fight on channel five

100,001 (in July and July only).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 May 2012, 9:42 am

azania wrote:
alma wrote:Just a shame it's on boxnation so less than 100,000 people will get to watch it as opposed to a Tyson fury fight on channel five

100,001 (in July and July only).

100,001 is more than 100,000

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed 09 May 2012, 9:51 am

Maybe Frank Warren can get a license, for Peter Suttcliffe to take the Suffolk Strangler on the undercard, then I might be persuaded.

Did I ever say I preffered the sport in the old days?

I'm honestly flabagasted how this is happening in Britain.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 09 May 2012, 9:58 am

Good god, the moral police have unleashed themselves again. If some of you guys were running boxing hardly any fights would take place. People would get suspended for minor issues.

Rugby is a game played by middle class oiks. Fights and brawls happen all the time. They get a slapped wrist and carry on. Their careers are not ended and neither do they get an indefinite ban.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 May 2012, 10:03 am

boxnation broadcasting worldwide arent they? or the feed is? the subscribers pay them money they can run with and other station pay em the bulk of the profit for broadcasting rightd

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed 09 May 2012, 10:07 am

azania wrote:Good god, the moral police have unleashed themselves again. If some of you guys were running boxing hardly any fights would take place. People would get suspended for minor issues.

Rugby is a game played by middle class oiks. Fights and brawls happen all the time. They get a slapped wrist and carry on. Their careers are not ended and neither do they get an indefinite ban.

They aren't threatening to to burn and shoot one another or attempting to hit a guy senseless with a tripod.

The world is obsessed with fame hungry classless buffoons, in today's modern society.

I hear no one wants to watch Bradley/Pacman reality show, because they are too gentleman like and respectful. Yet some clown throwing money about and swearing is entertainment ? Beats me I try not to be a prudish old hag, but this is a disgrace to boxing an insult.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 09 May 2012, 10:14 am

tcribb wrote:
azania wrote:Good god, the moral police have unleashed themselves again. If some of you guys were running boxing hardly any fights would take place. People would get suspended for minor issues.

They aren't threatening to to burn and shoot one another or attempting to hit a guy senseless with a tripod.

The world is obsessed with fame hungry classless buffoons, in today's modern society.

I hear no one wants to watch Bradley/Pacman reality show, because they are too gentleman like and respectful. Yet some clown throwing money about and swearing is entertainment ? Beats me I try not to be a prudish old hag, but this is a disgrace to boxing an insult.

No. They only try to pluck others eyes out, stamp on their heads, kick others in the head. What is their punishment? A few weeks out. Their careers are not harmed one bit.

If all boxers were as boring a personality as Pac, boxing would die a rapid death. Why do you think its always been the latger than life characters who bring publicity to the sport? And god knows the sport needs all the publicity it can get.

I suppose you would rather watch a Merchant Ivory period drama that a Martin Scorsese film also.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed 09 May 2012, 10:28 am

If all boxers had the personality of Pacquaio it would die?? Strange comment considering his the 2nd biggest draw in the states, and he is a Phillipino.

Some fans prefer exciting In the ring not the hubbabaloo out of it.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next