The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nicky Robinson to stay in the Jeff, but who with??

2 posters

Go down

Nicky Robinson to stay in the Jeff, but who with?? Empty Nicky Robinson to stay in the Jeff, but who with??

Post by HongKongCherry Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 am

Despite claims Glaws had offered Nicky Robinson a new deal earlier in the season it is now clear we haven't offered him one after all. He has according to the report below signed for another Jeff side with Sale being the most talked about side.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/sport/Robinson-set-seal-departure/article-3253750-detail/article.html

As he is marrying Kenny Dalglish's daughter, apparently they are keen to move to the North West, which would make a move to Sale the best option.

Lonon Irish have been talking to him and they are in need of another FH with Malone leaving and Lamb likely to be on his way out too. However, I feel there are better options for him elsewhere.

Waps have also been heavily linked to him and they are in definite need of a FH as Ryan Davis is not a top quality FH they need someone of that standard.

So it has got to be between Sale and Wasps. Sale would offer the lifestyle option and Wasps would offer the more ambitious option.

I had expected Robinson to have a good season. He was excellent at Cardiff as he was playing behind a strong pack that gave him front foot ball. The Gloucester pack have been supplying him this, however, he has not looked the sharpest this year. His tactical kicking has been good, but his creative play has been lacking and his kicking blows hot and cold, i.e. Exeter away and Wasps at home!

On his day he is one of the best FHs I have seen, but the problem is he does not have his day that often anymore. I will wish him good luck wherever he goes and hopefully he can help Glaws have a decent season before he departs.

HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Nicky Robinson to stay in the Jeff, but who with?? Empty Re: Nicky Robinson to stay in the Jeff, but who with??

Post by ospreylian Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:54 am

On his day he is one of the best FHs I have seen, but the problem is he does not have his day that often anymore. I will wish him good luck wherever he goes and hopefully he can help Glaws have a decent season before he departs.

This is the main reason why he rarely featured for Wales, not a recent feature of his game but an ongoing thing.

wish him well but wherever he goes while he wont let you down he wont always win you the big games.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Nicky Robinson to stay in the Jeff, but who with?? Empty Re: Nicky Robinson to stay in the Jeff, but who with??

Post by HongKongCherry Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:19 am

Very true Ospreylian. Glaws signed him after his best season with Cardiff and his first couple of games for us he looked world class. The first game of last season against Bath he put in the best performance from I FH i have ever seen - sadly he has never reached those heights again.

He is a good player and we will all be grateful for what he has done, however, it is time for Freddie Burns to step up to the plate.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:59 am

We weren't kept in suspense for long - it's Wasps!

Good luck Nicky!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down