The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Tony Jeffries going to be a JAFFA?

+4
Scottrf
Lumbering_Jack
captain carrantuohil
Soldier_Of_Fortune
8 posters

Go down

Is Tony Jeffries going to be a JAFFA? Empty Is Tony Jeffries going to be a JAFFA?

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Cant see Tony making it to the next level. After watching his last fight, its seems apprant that he still has all the same problems. Far too predictable, head hunts, looks for the big right hand, doesnt give himself enough room to work and doesnt listen to cornor instructions. He has been with Tommy Brooks for a year now and doesnt apprear to have learnt from his past mistakes.

He wants to campaign at Super Middle and with the division pack with talent on the domestic sceen, I can't see him picking up the British title for the foreseable future.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't see him picking up a British Tiltle not can)

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Is Tony Jeffries going to be a JAFFA? Empty Re: Is Tony Jeffries going to be a JAFFA?

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Not even British champion level, in my view. An honest plodder, who reminds me a bit of Corporal Jones in Dad's Army. You know, slow march forward shouting "they don't like it up 'em", followed by an inevitable retreat in disarray. No tactical nous, no major weapon to terrify the opposition, no ability to adapt. A man who fights by numbers, in short, and I can't see his career lasting that long.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Is Tony Jeffries going to be a JAFFA? Empty Re: Is Tony Jeffries going to be a JAFFA?

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:29 pm

I actually thought he looked ok for the first 2/3 rounds. Cut the ring down quite well. His problem is his lack of variation. Too often he would come forward in straight line throwing 3/4 straight punches. He isnt fast so avoiding such predictable shot made the other fighter have an easy night avoiding them.

Will not make world level.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:30 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:Who reminds me a bit of Corporal Jones in Dad's Army. You know, slow march forward shouting "they don't like it up 'em".
Quality. And I agree. If he didn't go to the Olympics we wouldn't even be talking about him. Good luck to him, seems to be putting in the effort but don't think he has it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:22 pm

What does JAFFA mean? Headscratch

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Super D Boon wrote:What does JAFFA mean? Headscratch
A flop.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Ah right I thought that because it was in capitals it must be an acronym like...Just Another Failure Fighter Again ??

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:34 pm

I've never been a fan of his. I think the biggest of ALL his problems is that he never listens. TBH I don't think he has the intelligence to listen and adapt, and for this reason he won't even make British Champion level.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Agree with much of the above but also I think his face cuts up far to easily as well, all in all dont see him getting very far in the sport

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:09 am

I thought JAFFA meant just another australian, so slightly confused. Does he only like ice cold beer, drive a ute, and speak in a whiney voice or something?

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:01 am

horizontalhero wrote:I thought JAFFA meant just another australian, so slightly confused. Does he only like ice cold beer, drive a ute, and speak in a whiney voice or something?

Being a JAFFA means you are "seedless" therefore a dud. Plus its also his nickname

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down