The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bits and pieces. Ft Haye, Jeffries and more

3 posters

Go down

Bits and pieces.  Ft Haye, Jeffries and more Empty Bits and pieces. Ft Haye, Jeffries and more

Post by oxring Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:23 pm

David Haye
Did anyone notice this section in his official statement? Came across as reasonable and balanced - and only the slightest hint of K-bro bashing.
“I`ve never claimed to be the greatest and I`m not foolish or arrogant enough to think my place in history will be defined by what I achieved as a heavyweight.
Spoiler:
He'll go down as a pretty good cruiserweight - certainly top 10 in that division - but not at the level of Holyfield and probably not at the level of Qawi. Just my opinion.

Jeffries
The worst managed and promoted British Olympian since Audley (and he managed himself) is living off his savings, due to 2 hand operations (that are still pretty swollen). He will fight again after Christmas. His career has been a joke tbh. He looked the best of the Olympians when he made his pro debut - even his jab looked a power shot and people always felt he was right for the pro game. However - after the farcical draw, which he still hasn't made amends for by rematch, his stock has fallen.

A talk to Frank and a new contract might help his chances slightly.

Maybe he's the next cinderella man.

Skelton
The most exciting domestic matchup since Sprott-Harrison is back as Rogan and Skelton get ready to face off again. The first fight was fantastic - hugely enjoyable so lets hope the second lives up to the first. Skelton is apparently in better shape after employing a dietician. Rogan, meanwhile looks old.

My money is on Audley opting to fight either one of them after his spell on Strictly ends - in yet another Crossroads fight.

Question of the week

Audley got me thinking - for my money he has had Guinn, Williams II, Arias, Rogan, Prizefighter, Sprott II - all of which have been billed as "crossroads" fights (ie, where if he lost, his career goes even further down the drain). That's 6 bouts in 32 (counting prizefighter as 1 proper fight). Is that a record?

Answers on a postcard.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Bits and pieces.  Ft Haye, Jeffries and more Empty Re: Bits and pieces. Ft Haye, Jeffries and more

Post by Rowley Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:27 pm

You've had me over Oxring, though when you said Jeffries I was going to have to defend the boilermakers honour, did not realise you were talking about the underwhelming olympian.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Bits and pieces.  Ft Haye, Jeffries and more Empty Re: Bits and pieces. Ft Haye, Jeffries and more

Post by Scottrf Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:28 pm

Didn't Bambula get done for drugs? May have made that up.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:33 pm

rowley wrote:You've had me over Oxring, though when you said Jeffries I was going to have to defend the boilermakers honour, did not realise you were talking about the underwhelming olympian.

At least I got a post from you jeff. Made it all worthwhile.

Quick google didn't reveal much, Scott. So I'm not sure. There does appear to have been a famous gangster called Bambula, but I'm not sure he's the same guy.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down