The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did the Montreal Canadians not win last season?

5 posters

Go down

How did the Montreal Canadians not win last season? Empty How did the Montreal Canadians not win last season?

Post by ojkmn Mon 05 Sep 2011, 7:49 pm

As a huge supporter of the Canadians I too wonder how they did not win last season!!!!!!!!

ojkmn

Back to top Go down

How did the Montreal Canadians not win last season? Empty Re: How did the Montreal Canadians not win last season?

Post by calamity jane Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:51 pm

As a Bruins fan, I reckon it's because they're a bunch of flopping, diving, cheating, whining smurfs. Whistle

JOKE!!!!!!

In all seriousness, the Stanley Cup is a bloody hard trophy to win. And I think the Habs had a couple too many injuries (notably Pacioretty), no goaltender to back up Carey Price (why on earth did you let Halak go??) and they came up short defensively too.

Even if they had beaten the Bruins in the first round of the playoffs, I still don't think they'd have made it to the finals. Let's face it the Bruins only just managed to get past Tampa Bay. And then took seven games to win the trophy.

Looking forward to watching the Canadiens take on the B's again this season. I enjoy watching P K Subban and David Desharnais, and I can't wait to see Pouilot in a Bruins uniform taking on his old team.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

How did the Montreal Canadians not win last season? Empty Re: How did the Montreal Canadians not win last season?

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 07 Sep 2011, 12:03 pm

lol, you registered in july and made your only comment in september, fantastic!

Another thing, never doubt the strength of an underdog Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 07 Sep 2011, 2:38 pm

Jane,
Any idea how Pacioretty got hurt? Only kidding!! Great celebrations last Satrurday with Timmy T bringing the Stanley Cup to Burlington. Very popular here.

On a more sombre note, news agencies are reporting the crash of a Russian airliner carrying a major-Russian League hockey Team, the Lokomotiv Yaroslavi. Almost bound to be an NHL'er or two on board.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by HHealer Wed 07 Sep 2011, 5:09 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:

On a more sombre note, news agencies are reporting the crash of a Russian airliner carrying a major-Russian League hockey Team, the Lokomotiv Yaroslavi. Almost bound to be an NHL'er or two on board.

Sadly kwingolfer, seems like a lot of former NHL'ers on-board among the 43 killed, former Canuck, Pavol Dimitra is one of those confirmed dead.

HHealer

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Wed 07 Sep 2011, 5:11 pm

Terrible news about the Lokomotiv team. And I recognized a couple of ex NHL names. Very very sad.

Great to see Timmy with the cup. I was a bit concerned that he wouldn't get there after Hurricane Irene ripped through Vermont.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:38 pm

Yup, Brad McCrimmon also on board.
As for Timmy, he's made of sterner stuff. Plus of course Burlington doesn't have the damage suffered by most of VT and Eastern NYS.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down