The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diaz c*cks up!!!

+3
Valero's Conscience
Clunge4life
boomdangle
7 posters

Go down

Diaz c*cks up!!! Empty Diaz c*cks up!!!

Post by boomdangle Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:43 am

The Gsp Nick Diaz fight is off after Diaz refused to show up to press confrences.

Carlos Condit has been drafted in as the replacement, with bj's replacement yet to be announced.

Condit deserves the bout especially stepping in at shorter notice, but diaz has really blown it on this one as get on dana's bad side in private is bad enough but embarrassing him at a press conference bad idea.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Diaz c*cks up!!! Empty Re: Diaz c*cks up!!!

Post by Clunge4life Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:01 am

Diaz is such a numpty..........must have been smoking the waccy

He is defo gone from UFC if this is true.

Was so looking forward to this fight...ah well Condit deserves his shot

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:09 am

This is crazy! Crazy from Diaz as there are normally stipulations in their contracts to honour press conferences etc.

Also a little crazy from the UFC as it's the fight the fans want to see and I think they should have let it slide but hey ho.

Agree with the above two posts that Condit is a worthy replacement.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:17 am

Damn, this is sh*t! What a Muppet Diaz is, he has completely blown his chance. The worst thing about this is that we are no longer going to see Condit vs. Penn that had fight of the year written all over it.

I am proper bummed out about this news :-(

Damn Diaz, that weed better have been worth it!

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:20 am

he has cost himself a shed load of money that is for sure.

have nothing against gsp in fact after his stint as a coach i quite like the man but have got to cheer carlos on here, back the underdog.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:24 am

boomdangle wrote:he has cost himself a shed load of money that is for sure.

have nothing against gsp in fact after his stint as a coach i quite like the man but have got to cheer carlos on here, back the underdog.

I think i'll be cheering for Condit as well in this fight. dont get me wrong i thing GSP is a legend and will also say that I would pick GSP over A.Silver in a fight at 185lbs, but in this fight I will be cheering for Condit.

(GSP vs. Diaz, I would been cheering and betting on GSP all day long)

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:45 am

Apparently Diaz no showed the press conference in Canada and Dana let it slide..........but then also no showed the Las Vegas one aswell

Dana is right to pull him from the fight...as he has said "I can't take the risk of him no showing the fight"

I really like Condit but as GSP fan i'll be cheering for him..... i can see another dominant decision win for GSP - but hopefully a stoppage to appease the "Boring GSP Brigade"

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:01 am

The style will now differ, as if diaz had bothered to show it would have been more of a boxing contest with both men using the jab ala gsp v shields.

At least now with carlos that is taken out of the equation so he will have to get inside the jab to do the damage. Has the potenial to be a right old ding dong as carlos isnt afraid to get into it.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:16 am

Still can't believe this. I was hoping to wake up and find out Nick was in hospital or something/had an actual reason for missing the press conferences.

Instead he has released a statement apoligising for missing the beauty pageant.

He is one of my favourite fighters but as a person he needs to get it sorted!

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:31 pm

I understand the UFC dropping Diaz from a business perspective i.e. if he doesn't show for the fight but this is rubbish!

Before we had UFC vs Strikeforce champ and a humdinger with Penn and Condit. Now we GSP vs Condit and Penn left without an opponent.

Fans who had purchased tickets for Penn vs Condit are going to be p!ssed and rightfully so!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:07 pm

I heard Diaz will now face Penn. He hasn't been released from UFC they just no longer trust him to make him the main event, this is just rumour so far though.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:33 pm

easthfc wrote:I heard Diaz will now face Penn. He hasn't been released from UFC they just no longer trust him to make him the main event, this is just rumour so far though.

This would please most fans, definitely me. Hope it can be made, fingers crossed.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKMAGIC Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:38 pm

Diaz really needs to have a good long think about what he wants to do. He had the opportunity to be part of a main event against arguably the best fighter in the world and he blows it by not coming to the press conference? I wanted this fight ot happen badly, but this has got me questioning Diaz' heart.

JACKMAGIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 08 Sep 2011, 4:06 pm

JACKMAGIC wrote:Diaz really needs to have a good long think about what he wants to do. He had the opportunity to be part of a main event against arguably the best fighter in the world and he blows it by not coming to the press conference? I wanted this fight ot happen badly, but this has got me questioning Diaz' heart.

Diaz is the centre piece in the latest Fighters Only mag and he says he only fights for money and you get the idea he won't be in the sport for long.

He basically says he finds it hard to get hyped to fight and doesn't really want to do it.

Shame but some people are loose cannons you can't help.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Thu 08 Sep 2011, 4:41 pm

Just watched the Las Vegas press conference............Ceser Gracie called Dana's mobile during it and basically told him Diaz has went missing and he can't find him.

Also when someone asked whats next for BJ he said if i told you you'd think im crazy...........i know above someone suggested Diaz but surely Dana wouldnt give him that fight after his actions......Paul Daley maybe? Any thought son who BJ's opponent could be?

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 4:45 pm

I'd love to see Diaz Vs. BJ and for BJ to knock him the f*ck out! I think that is what Diaz deserves.
What he has done is the actions of a spoilt child. If Dana completely cut Diaz from the UFC I wouldn’t complain.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:40 pm

this has to be the height of unprofessionalism! And if Diaz was only in it for the money then surely he'd make sure he made the GSP fight, arguably the biggest ever fight he is likely to get! This surely has to be the most foolish decision he could have made?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKMAGIC Fri 09 Sep 2011, 12:41 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:
JACKMAGIC wrote:Diaz really needs to have a good long think about what he wants to do. He had the opportunity to be part of a main event against arguably the best fighter in the world and he blows it by not coming to the press conference? I wanted this fight ot happen badly, but this has got me questioning Diaz' heart.

Diaz is the centre piece in the latest Fighters Only mag and he says he only fights for money and you get the idea he won't be in the sport for long.

He basically says he finds it hard to get hyped to fight and doesn't really want to do it.

Shame but some people are loose cannons you can't help.

Cheers Valero I wasn't aware of that. I guess it's the old crux that you can train a fighter to have the skills, but you can't make them want to fight.

JACKMAGIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 09 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

No worries Jackmagic,

He really is quite negative in the interview and appears to have lost any desire or ambition he previously had.

He compares the MMA game like jail where training and fighting is like being in jail and if you win you're let out only to have to go back again!!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down