The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSP vs Nick Diaz is set for UFC 137

+4
Soldier_Of_Fortune
The_Phenom
Adam D
President Trump
8 posters

Go down

GSP vs Nick Diaz is set for UFC 137  Empty GSP vs Nick Diaz is set for UFC 137

Post by President Trump Thu 02 Jun 2011, 1:10 pm

Dana White has confirmed that GSP and Nick Diaz will fight on October 29th at UFC 137. It has been reported that Diaz signed the contract yesterday and it was delivered to Zuffa, it hasnt been announced if it will be a UFC/Strikeforce welterweight unifier yet but GSP has just signed a 8 fight contract with Zuffa which will allow him to fight in both Organisations.

I think its gonna be a great fight and one most people have been waiting for since Zuffa bought Strikeforce, will this be the start of cross brand fights?

President Trump

Back to top Go down

GSP vs Nick Diaz is set for UFC 137  Empty Re: GSP vs Nick Diaz is set for UFC 137

Post by Adam D Thu 02 Jun 2011, 1:27 pm

Dont like the idea of a unification fight. Will they get rid of a title or just have the winner appear on both rosters?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

GSP vs Nick Diaz is set for UFC 137  Empty Re: GSP vs Nick Diaz is set for UFC 137

Post by The_Phenom Thu 02 Jun 2011, 1:58 pm

I would love to see Diaz knock GSP out, GSP is so boring to watch never goes for the finish. If he beats Diaz then he has no option other than to move up in weight. Obv he doesn't want because he knows that Silva would destroy him.

The_Phenom

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 02 Jun 2011, 3:12 pm

I do rate Diaz but Daley did nearly have him out of there twice. Not saying GSP puinches harder but you get me point.

GSP needs to move up and be the underdog al la Manny

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Thu 02 Jun 2011, 3:29 pm

Phenom - did you see what Chael Sonnen did to Silva?

If he got in the octagon with GSP expect much of the same except for the 5th round sub

GSP never goes for the finish........Did you watch his fight with Dan Hardy????

I can;t stand people who write GSP off as boring because he shuts out his opponent......the challengers for the title should be taking the fight to him...not the other way around....he is the best P4P MMA fighter in the world....no one comes close.

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Phenom Thu 02 Jun 2011, 3:45 pm

I have silva p4p no.1 he makes awesome fighters look average.

Sonnen is a joke who got caught taking steroids, plus silva had a broken rib before the fight.

Furthermore GSP is much smaller than Sonnen he wouldn't have the physical advantages that he had.

Shutout his opponents, Jake friggin Shields was outsriking GSP in the last two rounds

The_Phenom

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Fri 03 Jun 2011, 8:49 am

"I have silva p4p no.1 he makes awesome fighters look average" - Don't get me wrong i think Silva is a beast but imho i think GSP would shut him out over the 5 rounds - he will always find a way to win

GSP isnt that much smaller than Sonnen - i beleive his walking around weight is around 185/190 - plus as he has said before if he did step up to MW he would put on the weight the right way

"Jake friggin Shields was outsriking GSP in the last two rounds" - Did'nt the joke Sonnen not catch the great Silva more than once in their fight - rocking him also - and he isnt known for his great stand up game, plus in the Shields fight GSP fought the last 3 rounds with one eye

GSP vs Silva is THE fight i want to see but i can't see it happening anytime soon...which is probably a good thing for Anderson

Wink

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Fri 10 Jun 2011, 10:29 am

GSP for me is no 1 p4p. If Anderson and GSP were the same size I think GSP would win easily but due to the weight difference I'd go with a 4th round tko.

Shields only got the upper hand in the last two rounds as GSP was blind in one eye due to an eye poke and he stopped taking risks. The fight was already won.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:26 am

Imo GSP will make Diaz look pretty ordinary in this fight. No doubt Diaz will mouth off before the fight and make GSP's job a bit easier. Opposition fighter's like to think what they are going to do to GSP before they get in with him but it's different story when they actually get in there, he's not the most exciting fighter around but he find's a way to get the job done.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:57 am

gsp is p4p number 1 for me. i expect to see the return of his wrestling in this fight after standing with both shields and koscheck. it might not be very entertaining but i see gsp wiining on points after lying on top of diaz for most of the fight. and why shouldnt he? its up to his oppenents to stop him

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down