The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick Diaz Tests Positive for Weed!

+2
Clunge4life
Valero's Conscience
6 posters

Go down

Nick Diaz Tests Positive for Weed! Empty Nick Diaz Tests Positive for Weed!

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:36 am

Not the first time and probably not the last time!

Personally I think testing for drugs which aren't performance enhancing is pointless but I know that even if Tango was illegal and you know it is you shouldn't take it.

He said he was retiring anyway, if he doesn't he'll most likely get a 6 month ban which spoils the Condit rematch which was predicted.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz Tests Positive for Weed! Empty Re: Nick Diaz Tests Positive for Weed!

Post by Clunge4life Fri 10 Feb 2012, 10:53 am

I think the reasoning the last time he tested positive was that it "numbs the pain" so he had an advantage over his opponent!

Ridiculous!

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:05 pm

Clunge4life wrote:I think the reasoning the last time he tested positive was that it "numbs the pain" so he had an advantage over his opponent!

Ridiculous!

I know! How anyone in their right mind couldn't see smoking weed before a fight as anything but a disadvantage is beyond me!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:07 pm

Simple and clear rules. Don't smoke weed and turn up to press conferences. Wasn't very good at them was he.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:59 pm

I understand Zoot, but I think the point is people don't really care that he smokes weed and he has always openly admitted it, just seems a pointless thing to test for.

A funny quote from Diaz previously about weed:

So Nick, would you agree your marijuana smoking has got in the way of your fight career?

"Actually, on the contrary, my fight career has gotten in the way of my marijuana smoking." Classic!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri 10 Feb 2012, 1:13 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:just seems a pointless thing to test for.

It's more to do with the image of the sport, rather than performance enhancing (or un-enhancing in this case)

They're supposed to be world class athletes in top condition. Smoking hash before a fight isn't good for him or the sports image. I can't remember the name without googling it, but someone won gold in the snowboard half pipe at the olympics a few years ago then tested positive for hash and got stripped of the medal. He claimed someone was smoking it at a party he was at and he never touched it.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 10 Feb 2012, 1:16 pm

I understand Zoot, but I think the point is people don't really care that he smokes weed and he has always openly admitted it, just seems a pointless thing to test for.

Like it or not weed is a drug and the whole point of doing a drug test is to find any drugs in the persons system, he failed the test and has been banned (i think), the bloke is a mongo plain and simple, he moaned at losing to Condit, then given a chance to fight him again to put all the doubts to bed and then fails a Drug Test, thats an idiot in anyones language

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Fri 10 Feb 2012, 1:24 pm

Quite Dicey.

If the sport is to get a good reputation then it needs to be clenaer than clean. The fans of MMA might not care but the sponsors will. If MMA ends up looking like a bunch of drug takers beating each other up it hardly makes it good for advertisers. Which is why I mentioned turning up to press conferences also. Both of these things are key to making the UFC marketable and if I were Dana White I would be ..............

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:19 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:I understand Zoot, but I think the point is people don't really care that he smokes weed and he has always openly admitted it, just seems a pointless thing to test for.

A funny quote from Diaz previously about weed:

So Nick, would you agree your marijuana smoking has got in the way of your fight career?

"Actually, on the contrary, my fight career has gotten in the way of my marijuana smoking." Classic!

Quality line!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down