The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bionic Gloves

+5
Doc
McLaren
MustPuttBetter
Davie
Mercurio
9 posters

Go down

Bionic Gloves Empty Bionic Gloves

Post by Mercurio Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:12 pm

I'm coming to the end of my stash of them, so it's time to re-stock.

I assume they're still the best glove out there and I should go ahead and buy another 5?

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Bionic Gloves Empty Re: Bionic Gloves

Post by Davie Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:25 pm

I just checked Merc's profile and see his email address is Oscar.Pritorius@hotmail.sa

Oscar - I've told you before, you aren't allowed to invade any more sports!

angel

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Thu 08 Sep 2011, 11:35 pm

Davie wrote:I just checked Merc's profile and see his email address is Oscar.Pritorius@hotmail.sa

Oscar - I've told you before, you aren't allowed to invade any more sports!

angel

They're not banned for amateurs, are they?

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Thu 08 Sep 2011, 11:44 pm

I think they are unless you have arthritis - this is Flip ridiculous.

All gloves should be banned, if that's the case - what a stupid ruling.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 09 Sep 2011, 10:26 am

What the hell is a bionic glove??
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Fri 09 Sep 2011, 10:42 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:What the hell is a bionic glove??

http://www.jjbsports.com/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=12203&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=affiliate

As I've worn these gloves for the whole time I've been a member at my club, I've reported myself to the Committee. Just wondering whether I need to provide for all the winnings I've had in the last 2.5 years!

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:18 am

I actually prefer not to wear a glove but it can lead to blisters so I wear one. The thought of having that thing on my hand is enough to resort to the sort of clubs jjb sport sells. You may as well as all feel will be lost.

I really dont see how it would benefit you? Never mind you give winnings back all your scores should be lowered to compensate for wearing those things.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:31 am

What's bionic about it??
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:42 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:What's bionic about it??

It's padded in certain areas - try one on and you'll notice the difference.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:47 am

Most expensive glove I've ever used and splashed out on two almost a year ago. Still wearing the same one so working out cheaper. HIRZL Golf Glove.

They are brilliant especially in wet weather, which most of us will be seeing shortly. No need to keep swapping wet gloves as they grip better when wet. Well worth a punt OK

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:55 am

Does anyone else really hate grippy gloves, i prefer a glove when it is about 10 rounds or so old.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 09 Sep 2011, 12:01 pm

as a related aside, i've been mocked in the past for taking my glove off between shots and for putting. not sure why others find that odd, anyone got any ideas?!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 09 Sep 2011, 12:07 pm

ban bam

I never wear a glove when practicing on and around the green so it feels weird to chip and putt with it on. So dont see why others would find what you do weird?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 09 Sep 2011, 12:13 pm

mystery to me too mac

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 09 Sep 2011, 12:22 pm

Why have I never heard of these bionic gloves! Mind you I still use the old favourite FJ leather gloves just find the feel of them superior to others.

Ban/Mac: I too find it odd when people question me as to why I take my glove off immediately after playing a shot, I find it more comfortable using it after a couple of rounds to, to allow it to fit correctly. Also do not play any chips, or green side bunker shots wearing one or putt with one on

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Fri 09 Sep 2011, 12:32 pm

Maverick wrote:Why have I never heard of these bionic gloves! Mind you I still use the old favourite FJ leather gloves just find the feel of them superior to others.

Ban/Mac: I too find it odd when people question me as to why I take my glove off immediately after playing a shot, I find it more comfortable using it after a couple of rounds to, to allow it to fit correctly. Also do not play any chips, or green side bunker shots wearing one or putt with one on

Yup, from 40 yards in, the glove doesn't get worn. I only use it for full shots.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 09 Sep 2011, 12:48 pm

Me too - though it's something I've been trying to get into more recently and still sometimes forget. Starting to feel odd chipping and putting with a glove now though so I'm remembering more often

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 09 Sep 2011, 1:04 pm

great - i'm not crazy!

i tend to just use the basic fj model, though i might try out the leather if it is indeed as wonderful as mav suggests! i find that the first couple of rounds tend to be a little tight, but thereafter they're great for a couple of months, then they're stuffed into the practice bag for range time before they completely lose their grip. tend to go through 3 or 4 through the main season.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 09 Sep 2011, 1:45 pm

I take the glove off for chipping and putting. Usually stays on for all but the shortest of pitches (when i've already taken it off because i thought it was a chip or putt! Laugh )

I don't tend to take it off between shots though only because i figure all the pulling at the fingers will wear it out and stretch it! Probably nonsense.

Doc, have you really been using the same glove for a year?? You must have the lightest grip in the world!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 09 Sep 2011, 1:51 pm

I can make a glove last about a season.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 09 Sep 2011, 1:56 pm

Really?? I must have the heaviest grip in the world then!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Fri 09 Sep 2011, 9:23 pm

I bought a new Callaway glove today (£9) - it was an emergency purchase at the club shop following last night's discovery. I explain my discovery to my playing partner on the first tee (we're both members at the same club but are playing elsewhere today).

I get the new glove out and it's right-handed ( Doh ). He says he's happy for me to play with the Bionic so off we go. However, I'm not too pleased because I have a matchplay match tomorrow and I wanted to practise with the new glove.

We walk off the 16th green and we're really close to the club shop so I nip off and get a replacement glove. I use it for the last two holes and it feels horrible. I bogey-par the last two holes, though, to give me some confidence for tomorrow but, I must say, this new glove feels like Poopie.

Why did they decide to ban it instead of concluding, "Everyone can use this glove if they want; there's no reason to ban it".

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 09 Sep 2011, 9:35 pm

I find new gloves take 2 rounds at least to wear in and stretch out. Pro friend of mine before using a new glove rubs a thin layer washing up liquid over his then allows them to dry out naturally over a couple days before he uses them swears it softens them up without sacrificing grip.

As for making a glove last a season I'd love to know what glove that is. I use 3 or 4 over a playing/summer season as the sticky conditions make them a little slippery after a while.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Fri 09 Sep 2011, 9:50 pm

Maverick wrote:I find new gloves take 2 rounds at least to wear in and stretch out. Pro friend of mine before using a new glove rubs a thin layer washing up liquid over his then allows them to dry out naturally over a couple days before he uses them swears it softens them up without sacrificing grip.

Maybe so, but the Bionic glove I wore today was the first time I've worn it.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by bluefoxgolf Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:37 am

Under which rule is this glove banned?

bluefoxgolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sat 10 Sep 2011, 8:04 am

bluefoxgolf wrote:Under which rule is this glove banned?
Rule 14-3

http://www.randa.org/Equipment/Equipment-Permitted-for-Medical-Reasons.aspx

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat 10 Sep 2011, 9:53 am

Bionics are my glove of choice, have been for a couple of years now. Only time I change is when its really chucking it down and I go into JAS 2 gloves mode with a pair of those rain gloves.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:04 am

Had no idea they were banned...wtf!! What next....the starter doing a glove check on the first tee?? Seriously....is part of our pre medal round routine going to be "read the R&A rulebook every Friday night to see if anything else has been banned"...next week it could be goretex jackets...because they keep you dry and allow you to therefore keep swinging better than if you were soaked through.

That's the kind of ruling that makes people go "F*** this for a game of soldiers I'm off to play a sport that isn't governed by pedantic old fogies!!!"

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:06 am

Ok so based on fact this glove is illegal unless you have medicsl exemption can I ask why people are using it in bounce games then a normal glove in regular competition. Seems fairly pointless to me to swtich between the 2 when really you should be getting used to one type

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:10 pm

Just checked the packaging of the gloves I use...Bionic Stablegrip...and it says inside the cover of the packaging "Sanctioned for use under USGA guidelines".

So...does this mean they are not illegal in the states but they are over here?? Begs the question if any PGA Tour player played with them...they then come over here and play in say the Open....that would then mean...being forced to change your normal equipment or face disqualification.

Does the ruling seriously apply to everyone (doctors exemptions aside) or is it like the groove situation (only the pro's for now).

My other thinking on this is how much closer to the R&A are the likes of Titleist, FJ, callaway etc than the likes of Hillerich and Bradsby?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

It's the Bionic 'Classic' that's illegal, JAS.

I think the one you use is OK.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down